Training/Exercise Creation Apps/Websites

Options
Hey folks,

New to the community. Just wondering if anyone knows of an app or website that can build you a training program from scratch. ANy help appreciated. Thank you :)

IAC23
Tagged:

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,145 Member
    Options
    What kind of a training program, i.e., what are your goals?
  • williamsonmj1
    williamsonmj1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of lifting ones. Boostcamp has loads of popular training programs. Mostly strength but there are some hypertrophy ones. If you are just focusing on hypertrophy then the Renaissance Periodization app seems good- it will ask you a bunch of questions and give you a program based on that.
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Muscle & Strength has loads of free workout routines depending on what you want. I use RYSE (ryseapp.io) to track.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of lifting ones. Boostcamp has loads of popular training programs. Mostly strength but there are some hypertrophy ones. If you are just focusing on hypertrophy then the Renaissance Periodization app seems good- it will ask you a bunch of questions and give you a program based on that.

Never used the app, but RP is an amazing youtube channel. I would assume if they're building workouts similar to what their workout vids are like (toned down for us mere mortals of course) that it's pretty good.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Fitbod is pretty good and you can choose between a variety of different goals (strength, hypertrophy, Olympic, general fitness, etc) and choose between a variety of different splits. The only thing I don't like about it is that it allows a bit too much freedom, especially if one is a novice lifter. For example, it will let you select a hypertrophy program and also allow you to select a split that isn't really conducive to actual hypertrophy. The app should at least warn you that the split you're choosing is suboptimal to the lifting goal you've set.
  • beerfitter
    beerfitter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use Rep Count for my own programming. The free version of the app allows creation of countless workouts. Boostcamp is great too, with workout tracking and free programs to follow. JuggernautAI I have used too for more formal powerlifting, powerbuilding programming.
  • orrinprice66
    orrinprice66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What are your fitness goals? Fitness apps are great, but I have found some of the time they have you doing workouts that aren’t not stimulating the muscle as effectively as you could be. I have spent hours of research and making my own plans. I have found this to be more effective for me. Everyone is different but knowing the workouts that will most effectively target different parts of muscle groups is the way I go.