2»

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,104 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Summertime all day erryday - I’m a firm believer Christmas should be on July 4th as it would be way better. I otherwise bah humbug that chit. But understand to some it’s the most wonderful time of year just for me it is not -

Kindred spirit. All summer, all the time.

Fav holiday? If you forced me to say, I guess Christmas. But without the presents.
    That’s why I prefer Thanksgiving. All the nice, all the food, none of the gift giving

I do like the coziness of the season and simple Christmas decor. I just HATE the stress of buying to buy. I love giving things if I know it’s truly something someone wants or needs. Otherwise it’s stressful to me. Blah.

(Also….Turkey? I think people around me are making it all wrong. And myself too. Do you all really love Turkey?)
    I feel the same about the gifts. I love giving and receiving gifts for no reason

I think people overcook it. Plus it’s very easy to overcook it when it’s such a big bird. Plus plus the dark meat takes longer than the white meat which makes it difficult to cook

This is why, when we celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas at home, I make the same meal but I just substitute chicken for turkey
    Sign me up. Same with ground…I’ve found the ground chicken to be way better. (Even though the use by dates are sus)
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    OnlyPans wrote: »
    Groundhog Day
    do-you-ever-have-deja-vu-deja-vu.gif

Favorite time is December 21st, because the days grow longer and nights grow shorter. Sigh and alas, it does bring us that much closer to the longest day of the year which makes me sad.... because waning daylight follows.

Exactly. How is this not the default answer?

Kotzebue, AK, has 24 hours of functional daylight on June 21st. It's hoppin' with activity.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,104 Member
    Options
    Summertime all day erryday - I’m a firm believer Christmas should be on July 4th as it would be way better. I otherwise bah humbug that chit. But understand to some it’s the most wonderful time of year just for me it is not -

Fav holiday? If you forced me to say, I guess Christmas. But without the presents.
    That’s why I prefer Thanksgiving. All the nice, all the food, none of the gift giving

I do like the coziness of the season and simple Christmas decor. I just HATE the stress of buying to buy. I love giving things if I know it’s truly something someone wants or needs. Otherwise it’s stressful to me. Blah.

(Also….Turkey? I think people around me are making it all wrong. And myself too. Do you all really love Turkey?)
    I feel the same about the gifts. I love giving and receiving gifts for no reason

I think people overcook it. Plus it’s very easy to overcook it when it’s such a big bird. Plus plus the dark meat takes longer than the white meat which makes it difficult to cook

This is why, when we celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas at home, I make the same meal but I just substitute chicken for turkey
    Sign me up. Same with ground…I’ve found the ground chicken to be way better. (Even though the use by dates are sus)

But you're still alive! So it all worked out 😂
    Well it’s currently the 10th. I have the other package that says “Sept 12th”. If I can make sure my affairs are in order (the whole “mfp legacy page/cloud destroyer” I’m looking for) I might still give it a whirl.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

But you're still alive! So it all worked out 😂
    Well it’s currently the 10th. I have the other package that says “Sept 12th”. If I can make sure my affairs are in order (the whole “mfp legacy page/cloud destroyer” I’m looking for) I might still
    give it a whirl.

I gotchu on the legacy page - I’ll just need access to everything I’m deleting- cause science 😉

• goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Rural northern Ontario girl.
    Fall is the best time of year because look at this view.

Favorite holiday is Christmas.32v5qzneovsd.jpg
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    Rural northern Ontario girl.
    Fall is the best time of year because look at this view.

Favorite holiday is Christmas.32v5qzneovsd.jpg

Fall in Ontario really is the most beautiful time of year.

I should add I also like winter. When it's snowing and you are cozy inside your warm house with some hot chocolate, it's sooooo quiet when snow is falling, outdoor winter activities are fun. Niagara falls is beautiful in the winter when the mist has frozen on all the trees and railings.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    San Diego girl here!!!

I've set up some SD support. Some bolts love too. Join in!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144146-2023-team-san-diego-fitness
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    Options
    Sept to Jan is my fav time of the yr! Fall and winter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    In NM, I love the fall. September and October are the best. The weather is perfect right now with sunny skies and highs around 80* with cool, crisp mornings. Not a big fan of winter, but Christmas is my favorite holiday...other than that, winter can suck it. Thankfully, ours are pretty short...really just December and January. Spring here is annoying because it can be gorgeous, but we also have many, many, many days with excessive wind and dust storms. I have a love/hate with summer. On one hand, I have a pool and I love just hanging out in the water and it's also camping season...but I don't really like excessive heat and summer is also my super busy time at work so it can sometimes be difficult to just take in the whole summer vibe.