Anyone else with calorie goal of 1200-1300? Short people club lol

Options
2»

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I’m about 140 now and would like to lose about 5 pounds. My BMI is 145 ( the higher range). I figure weight loss is slow and I will keep trucking on. Especially since the holidays are around the corner.
  • watchmeshine82
    watchmeshine82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    fabgeekmom wrote: »
    I’m about 140 now and would like to lose about 5 pounds. My BMI is 145 ( the higher range). I figure weight loss is slow and I will keep trucking on. Especially since the holidays are around the corner.

I think you meant to say your BMI is 25 at 145 pounds? How it's written is confusing :-) I've also been losing weight slowly (4-5 lbs a month) but feel as though I'm getting impatient now the closer I get to my goal. For me, this journey started at 328 pounds and I'm at 179-181 pounds now. My BMI needs to be at a 28-32 for eligibility for plastic surgery (150-175 pounds) and I'm trying to be on the lower end of that range before I get skin removed as I was told I'll get more ideal results that way.

At this point, I'm hoping I can get a procedure early next year -- my thighs and chest area/upper arms have massive amounts of loose hanging skin in spite of the slow loss because I carried a lot of my weight in those places. I was told I'll need to do my bottom half and my top half at different times. It will be a relief to no longer have itchy skin rashes and skin hanging off of me.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    Yes, that’s what I meant. Good luck with your procedures.
  • frhaberl
    frhaberl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    this journey started at 328 pounds and I'm at 179-181 pounds now. My BMI needs to be at a 28-32 for eligibility for plastic surgery (150-175 pounds) and I'm trying to be on the lower end of that range before I get skin removed as I was told I'll get more ideal results that way.

At this point, I'm hoping I can get a procedure early next year -- my thighs and chest area/upper arms have massive amounts of loose hanging skin in spite of the slow loss because I carried a lot of my weight in those places. I was told I'll need to do my bottom half and my top half at different times. It will be a relief to no longer have itchy skin rashes and skin hanging off of me.

Wow! Your journey is inspiring. I'll admit that I've started some light research into skin removal, specifically panniculectomy. I've still got about a year ahead of me to get to my target weight (if all goes to plan) and I'm reading that many places want you to be at a stable weight for 12-18 months, so it's pretty far down the road for me.

I finally had someone ask me "have you been trying to lose weight?" (Other than my MIL, who is my biggest fan and seems to notice every pound I lose). I know a lot of people are hesitant to comment on people's weight, so I'll chalk it up to that. I wanted to say "Trying to lose weight is an understatement. I've been giving blood, sweat and tears to lose weight for the past 5 months. Thanks for finally noticing!" I know a lot of people are hesitant to comment on people's weight, so I'll chalk it up to that and take the win.
  • Stuv46
    Stuv46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I’m 54 yo, 5’0” and the app tells me my caloric intake is 1200.

It’s become harder for me to lose weight with menopause and a hip injury. 😢 I’m so jealous of my husband and teenaged son who can eat anything and still stay slim!
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @Stuv46 That’s hard when you have an injury. Are you able to do chair exercises? There are plenty on YouTube. Any activity is helpful. I’ve been down that road, too. I’m lucky in that I have access wan indoor pool at the recreation center. I swim 3 days a week.
  • fattylivis
    fattylivis Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A 5’1 woman, weighing approx 170 lbs looking for accountability friends to ride this rocky road
  • Skylightsauc
    Skylightsauc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and want to lose 50 pounds. I'm also over the hill so that makes it harder. I did it at age 50, but the weight has slowly crept back. I'm feeling less mobile lately and can't even keep up with friends my own age. Probably my last chance to get healthy and enjoy life.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @Skylightsauc You can do this! Just get started. One mea, snack, one day at a time.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Exactly 1200 on Friday!(according to mfp, atleast😋)

Coffee☕️ 317
    Home - Coffee With Cream & Sugar - Coffee, Sugar and Cream, 2 cup 144
    Pecans, raw, 0.25 cup 173

Afternoon-288
    Homemade - half Omelette With Mushrooms, Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, 2 eggs 68
    Grits - Homemade Plain Grits, 1 cup 220

snacks-280
    Sunflower seeds, unsalted, 0.25 cup, without shell 210
    Toll House - Chocolate Chips, 0.5 fluid ounce 70

Evening-315
    Fish Tacos - Shrimp Tacos, 2 taco 315

Totals 1,200
    Your Daily Goal 1,200
    Remaining 0