How much bread do you eat?

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread except on cheat days...
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Probably like 2-4 slices per week. I'm not a bread person. Nor pasta and rice either.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 1 to 4 slices of high quality whole grain bread. Usually comes to about 90-110 calories per slice.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I rarely do, despite the fact that it's probably my favourite food. If I do eat it, I usually bake it from scratch so I know exactly what I'm putting in there.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    BertrandBaguetteHondaIndyEdmontonhMhxE7YWgfTl.jpg
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    0 bread here!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would say 0-4 slices/day of wholewheat or multi-grain breads. (usually homemade or made in store)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread daily even once a week at most. I try to get 100% whole grain or multigrain when I can afford to do so but I don't use much bread. The loaf is usually stale or left going bad. But ideally we'd have no wheat gluten. I'm trying to limit it and eventually will be doing a trial month without any. We get the grain products enough through spaghetti, noodles and other stuff we may have going on. I do oatmeal a lot in the morning or I did for a long time and just getting back to eating oats. Going to change it up to steel cut oats that I'll cook overnight in crock pot though.

Some things I already switch to gluten free. We only use corn tortillas for taco nights now and I like to mix up the spaghetti night by using quinoa noodles or sometimes rice or brown rice noodles. For family health issues with digestive stuff and because my daughter bloats out like a balloon after eating wheat products I'm really interested in seeing what gluten free diet would do for us. I want to get a bread machine again so I can make gluten free bread on occasions to buy it is quite costly but then again so can making it..
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ezejkiel is my bread of choice and I will eat Joseph's Oat Bran and Flax pitas (small is 45 calories Large is 60 calories) will 4 or 5 net carbs. I also eat the 2 minute microwave mug bread that's posted on this website which uses no flour only flaxseed meal.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am currently experimenting with no bread, so far I have lost 3.5 pounds and am still eating all of my calories, just making them up with vegetables , fruit , and protein. To me, bread is a weight loss killer, but I guess everyone is different. I will let you know after a month of this if it continues to work
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hardly any.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I pretty much avoid all grains but occasional rice. But that's what works for me.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    No bread.
  • JC1459
    JC1459 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    None
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I almost never eat bread. When I do, it's usually Arnold's 100% Whole White Wheat because my husband is a sandwich eater and like this so it's all we have. I prefer the brown whole mixed grain breads with chunks of bran and/or seeds in it but I got tired of having to throw it out because it got moldy before I ate it. I even tried freezing it, but it's such a pain to unfreeze one or two slices when I wanted it. When I occasionally do want to sandwich I use Flat-out whole grain wraps (maybe 2-3 times a month).
  • CyrusMachin
    CyrusMachin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 slices of wheat bread from Fiber One. Each slice has 100 calories, 16 net carbs and 5 grams of protein.
  • zissou
    Options
    I cut bread and other grains out of my diet and found it much easier to lose weight. I only eat bread now on my cheat days, maybe once a week.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2 servings a month of bread. It is usually fresh yummy bakery bread. If I'm going to eat bread, I'm going to do it right! lol
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Also one who has cut out bread.
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning MFP... How much bread do you eat per day and what kind of bread do you eat? I recently cut out Sara Lee's multigrain 45 cals per slice bread and have Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Sprouted Grain bread everyday. There's times where I have up to 3 slices.. not sure if this is a good thing or not even if I am staying at my calorie goal.

The sprouted grain is better for you than even wheat bread bc of how it is processed and i think it has helped with flattening my stomach a little. They have tortillas too, they are really good to make a breakfast taco.

But how much depends on what your carb goal is.. mine is to stay around 100g so i usually keep it to one piece of bread .. maybe too depending on how much i worked out.

I think you just have to listen to your body though. like if i eat too much carbs i can feel my belly bloat :/