Who eats healthy & who eats by the numbers?

Options
2»

Replies

• watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as healthy as I can, yet if I have to eat out I try to fit it in. Everything else is in moderation.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Healthy most of the time, except I drink too much wine (by big brother's standards). I gave up most junk food many years ago and only eat a few select processed foods (such as pizzeria pizza, french fries, cheetoes or restaurant food) as occasional treats. My problem is not quality of food, as I actually prefer the taste healthy food. Portion control and lack of exercise are what always do me in.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    A little of both :). I plan to live this way for a long time, might as well get my numbers under control as well as eat healthy!
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    I eat mostly healthy, but I don't deprive myself of anything.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i think i'm pretty in-between- i try to stick to good foods, but if i want a cookie, i'm having a damn cookie :P
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy most of the time ... don't like fast or junk food; freely admit to being a food snob :laugh: If I'm going to cheat or treat myself it sure as heck won't be jello pudding, chips or a hamburger! I'd rather have a good merlot or a big pile of beef ribs to put me over on numbers.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty good in the weekdays (while at work) so I have no problem there.

In the weekends I'm more relaxed, but still count calories, they're just not as healthy choices!

I also don't deprive myself of anything if I'm going out with friends somewhere etc.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I'm purely calories in/out kinda guy. I still have all the things i used to, i.e. chocolate, crips, chips, soda, etc. Only now i moderate the amounts, exercise 6 days a week, take my multivitamin+minerals and fish oil tablets, and know full well i could happily go on like this forever. That means there's nothing to fall off of!

I'm not trying to get "healthy", just "healthier". Cutting out 90% of the nice stuff isn't worth the 10% improved feeling imo.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Good question! When I eat healthy (which is 80% of the time) I find it hard to meet alllll of my daily calories because I get so full BUT with unhealthy/processed junk I'm unsatisfied and fill up my calorie intake a lot faster....I'll take healthier foods please! It makes me feel better and look better ;)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I try to eat healthily 90% of the time, but really as long as my day is within the calories and all the other macros I'm happy - as I pay close attention to the fat/carbs/protein as well it usually ends up pretty decent anyway, if I ate mainly junk food all day, even within the calories it would leave me low on protein and high on carbs which I wouldn't be happy about.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    If I ate mainly junk food all day, even within the calories it would leave me low on protein and high on carbs which I wouldn't be happy about.

Depends what you call Junk! I dont eat any veg, hardly any fruit, chocolate in most snacks, and im only at half my carb limit, and over my protein.

Sure, that dinner of lean diced beef might have helped the protein....
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I usually eat healthy for the most part, but leave room for a 100-150 calorie snack, usually a Skinny Cow ice cream or something along those lines.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    When I indulge, I still try to make smart choices. I’ll opt for the no sugar added ice cream over the regular kind. I’m always consciously trying to eat healthy..., arg!
  • kimberly130
    Options
    Healthy all the way. I try to eat as best as I can on top of eating w/in my caloric range. I find if i eat more natural foods, im full longer and feel better. If i do eat junk, cake, cookies ect.. i feel so gross and just want more (probably from the sugar spike & crash) I used to eat over 4000 C in junk (mcd's processed ect) and now i freak out if i eat anything bad. Eating healthy is probably my best obsession! lol
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    My meals are usually homemade and pretty healthy but my snacks vary. Sometimes good options like nuts, fruit, veggies, hommus, grainy bread with peanut butter, skim milk, fat free natural yoghurt.... other times more processed like muesli bars, le snak, nestle diet mousse, jerky, choc milk .... and sometimes downright rubbish like lollies (candy), biscuits (cookies), cake etc.
    I also drink alcohol regularly, though I've reduced the amount to one or two drinks a few times a week.

Whatever combination it is, I aim to keep it close to my net calorie allowance each day though I don't get stressed if I'm over here and there. I've lost 21kg eating this way and it works well for my lifestyle and seems like a sustainable pattern of eating that I can keep up. My aim is to keep the less processed, home cooked items as the majority with a bit of the other stuff thrown in here and there.
  • Kel3369
    Kel3369 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to do both. Eat healthy and stay within the number of calories allotted each day. Sometimes its hard to actually eat enough food to make it to that number which is shocking. Once I gave up pop and high calorie foods I found I could eat more food overall. :happy:
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    Healthy eating....with general calorie awareness.
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I try to eat mostly healthy although I'm still a work in progress. When I eat crappy food I find that I consume a bunch of extra calories while not feeling satisfied...which sometimes leads to me eating MORE. With healthier foods I find myself feeling completely satisfied with less of an urge to snack or eat to fill a void.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    A little of both. I try and hit my macronutrient and calorie target each day. I also try to eat lots of vegetables, one piece of fruit a day, 20% by calories vegetarian protein, and filling carbs (low wheat and sugar). But I do fit into my calorie allowance pizza once a week and takeout mexican once a week as a general rule.