Cracked the code

Options
A few weeks ago I made a post saying I give up on chicken breast. But today...ive cracked the code. I found some recipes using Greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil and spices.

Man oh man! Chicken came out so tender and flavorful.

I'm so happy I don't even know what to do.

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    Now do it in an air fryer….
  • cdennis9154
    cdennis9154 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Now do it in an air fryer….

I'm assuming it's good ???? The first batch I did in the oven at 360. I was going to try the airfryer too. Thanks for the tip.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My daughter always hated chicken breast because it was dry, until I started making it in an insta-pot (pressure cooking). I throw a splash of oil in the pot set on saute and make some onions & garlic brown, season up her chicken breasts and put it in, pour in the liquid (usually broth w/some seasonings), add any veggies she might want on top in a steamer basket, and set it to pressure cook for a few minutes. Comes out super juicy-tender, and is very versatile since you can shake it up with the kind of seasonings & veggies you use.

Although air fryers are great too. She will eat my air fried chicken tenders using low-carb "breading".

I tell you my instant pot & air fryer changed my life... I could live without my oven before I live without those two things, I use one or the other (or both) every night. Makes cooking fool-proof, easy-peasy.
  • mpwalker9791
    mpwalker9791 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found marinating it in spinach artichoke tzatziki (plain tzatziki works too) and half a lemon. Then toss it in a cast iron skillet to cook. Its seriously good as it is, even better if you toss it on low carb flat bread with some romaine and a little more of the tzatziki and you have a chicken gyro. Even my pickiest step kid loves it and he only like hot chicken wings lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Thanks for the update. I was rooting for you to find a preparation method that worked for you :smiley:

If you like spice and want to kick it up a notch, try mixing 1-3 teaspoons of Thai red chili paste with the yogurt and baking the same way.
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Hooray! Thanks for the update. I was rooting for you to find a preparation method that worked for you :smiley:

If you like spice and want to kick it up a notch, try mixing 1-3 teaspoons of Thai red chili paste with the yogurt and baking the same way.

Lol. Thanks for the support and advice. I'll def try that the next time I prepare that. I definitely feel it can be an added Staple. I still hate them honestly but I can tolerate them lol.
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    I found marinating it in spinach artichoke tzatziki (plain tzatziki works too) and half a lemon. Then toss it in a cast iron skillet to cook. Its seriously good as it is, even better if you toss it on low carb flat bread with some romaine and a little more of the tzatziki and you have a chicken gyro. Even my pickiest step kid loves it and he only like hot chicken wings lol

Thanks for these tips!
    What's your low carb flat bread of choice?
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    My daughter always hated chicken breast because it was dry, until I started making it in an insta-pot (pressure cooking). I throw a splash of oil in the pot set on saute and make some onions & garlic brown, season up her chicken breasts and put it in, pour in the liquid (usually broth w/some seasonings), add any veggies she might want on top in a steamer basket, and set it to pressure cook for a few minutes. Comes out super juicy-tender, and is very versatile since you can shake it up with the kind of seasonings & veggies you use.

Although air fryers are great too. She will eat my air fried chicken tenders using low-carb "breading".

I tell you my instant pot & air fryer changed my life... I could live without my oven before I live without those two things, I use one or the other (or both) every night. Makes cooking fool-proof, easy-peasy.

I will try this method as well. The more recipes I have in my arsenal the better.
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If you think you might like chicken shawarma, chicken curry (Indian), and/or chicken tikka masala, maybe I’ll start a “favourite chicken recipes” thread in the Recipes category, though there might be one already.
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    If you think you might like chicken shawarma, chicken curry (Indian), and/or chicken tikka masala, maybe I’ll start a “favourite chicken recipes” thread in the Recipes category, though there might be one already.

I would love to try them !
  • Midasgal
    Midasgal Posts: 10 Member
    Options

this sounds DELICIOUS
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Okay, I started it! Will come back tomorrow to type in my other faves.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900167/favourite-chicken-recipes/p1?new=1
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

Okay, I started it! Will come back tomorrow to type in my other faves.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900167/favourite-chicken-recipes/p1?new=1

I posted on that thread, and changed my mind about what I was going to do with chicken tonight :lol: