Looking for a thread regarding: decluttering

Options
PAPYRUS3
PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
Hi
There use to be a thread that was titled something like 'Decluttering your house...' There are some really old ones that I've found, but not the one I frequented 3-4 months ago.

Does anyone out there know about this thread?

Replies

• maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't know about it but let me know if you find it or want to start a new one. We will probably ly move I. The next year and decluttering is on my to do list
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    It's official then.

I have decided that my space inhabits 'stuff'...stuff that I've been keeping 'cause I've been stuck in that 'one day I might use/wear/start' thing.

I hate opening my closets and seeing all these things.

My space is nice and neat - uncluttered really. But all my closets/storage rooms etc., are filled with those unused items.

It's draining!

I've started. It was overwhelming but empowering too. Psychologically it makes one want to treat yourself better too (diet/exercise, etc., )

I've heard it is important to give yourself a 'timeline' or one could be sucked into 'downsizing' for the next 20 years and have it infiltrate your life..

Are you planning on moving to a smaller space - the same - larger? Kind of sounds like you 'just' want to make the move easier.
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I downsized a lot a couple of years ago from a 4000 Sq ft house to 1300 Sq ft. I don't think we will downsize more. We might even get a bigger house. I just want less stuff.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    HOME› SUCCESS STORIES

Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    HOME› SUCCESS STORIES

Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

This is probably the thread you were talking about. I have it in my bookmarks. I'll try bumping it, so maybe it will be easier to find.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I think I remember that one too but couldn't find it either. I'd be happy to join into a new one though! I'm doing some decluttering again as well. I notice that this and weight loss and health all go together for me. It's like - I get rid of toxic influences everywhere at once.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,841 Member
    Options
    Interested
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    Someone just posted on the one I was initially looking for. Here it is:https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/47724830#Comment_47724830

...so I'll be frequenting that one more..