100 Day Challenge #17 September 23, 2023 through December 31, 2023

Options

Replies

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jenny from the Bronx, NY - 58 years old, 5' 6", and struggled my whole life with food. I was already at my top weight and then gained another 20 pounds during the pandemic that I keep gaining and losing. I'm working hard to get back to a weight that's not super skinny but something I can maintain and feel good at - for me that's about 175. Let's see how far I can get by the New Year! :)

Day 01-09/23: 212.0 - Did a burpeegirl workout and yoga stretch focusing on the low back - does anyone use the Down Dog app? It's amazing & one of the few pay things ($60 US per year) I feel is totally worth it! I actually only use the yoga app - you can input the time you want, they have all sorts of different types & intensities, you can even choose the type of music and the level of voice to music, then a real person leads you through a routine that's different every time. It comes with multiple other apps - HIIT, Barre, and a meditation app as well where you can customize in the same way. I only use the restorative/gentle yoga and even then feel it's totally worth it, I love the woman's calming voice. Not to sound like a commercial but I really love it and thought I'd share. :)

Day 02-09/24: 211.2 - So yesterday's weight was a bump up from the day before which was 211.6 - good to know that was fake! Did a longer more abs focused BG workout and yoga stretch. Today is Day 7 for me getting my act back together, and feeling so much better inside & out. Digestion (and related activites :# ) are much better, mood is stable...good to be back on my "meds" (exercise & healthy eating!)

Day 03-09/25: 209.8 - Booyah! I love when I move into a new decade...though it was a big drop, we'll see if it holds up tomorrow! Did BG walking/toning workout today plus yoga stretch. The consistent exercise/stretching over the past week has made my back feel much better, it was so sore at the beginning of last week - I think it finally started letting go of the inflammation which is good news on the scale!

Day 04-09/26: 210.0 - So it seems I am not quite free of this decade just yet! But I'll get there. :) Just finished BG cardio & yoga stretch, feeling good and onto another day!

Day 05-09/27-xxxxx-

Day 06-09/28-xxxxx-

Day 07-09/29-xxxxx-

WEEK 1 LOSS OR GAIN:
    Accumulated Loss or Gain:
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,563 Member
    Options
    @geminimoon73

Yes, I have tried a few of those videos.
    There are so many great videos available on YouTube.
    I think that the key is to find some that engage us, that we enjoy and even look forward to.

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Interesting article ... What happens to your body if you exercise but don't eat well
    Even if your workouts are keeping you thin, health experts say it's virtually impossible to outrun a bad diet.
    Watch out for the habit to burn off what you eat ... visceral fat is less noticeable because it wraps around your organs.

“It’s not good or bad food; it’s just fuel,” she said. “When you look at it from an addition standpoint instead of a restriction standpoint, it’s a healthier approach to fueling yourself.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/25/health/bad-diet-exercise-wellness/index.html#:

Really great article!! I hope that everyone can find the time to read that one!

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Thank you for keeping us going @deepwoodslady !!
    Hi everyone.
    I am Dawn. 5'2", 63 years old as of September 20th.
    My BMI and stuff like that shows my optimum healthy weight should be between 110 and 118.

I have made a decision to limit restaurant food to 6 times per year since I seem to gain a few pounds each time which could take 3-6 months to get back off from one visit.
    Rolling total so far: 4 out of the 6

Day 01-09/23 - 143.2, up 0.4 from the previous day, final weigh-in for that 100. It was a travel day so I didn't post in here until now. It was raining, so it was a very lovely drive albeit long since there were a few construction stoppages. I stopped at a small hike to a waterfall : - )
    Day 02-09/24 - 143.8 - Ouch. I did 20 minutes of Fitness Marshall before hitting the road, but had done 65+ minutes of it each day that I was in the Shushwap. Other than the small hike to the waterfall I sat in the car for 9 hours. Taking a couple of days off at home before going back to work. I may (probably will before the temps drop too low and I am too busy working 2 jobs) do some garden harvest and possibly some cooking.
    Day 03-09/25 - 143.2 - Had an awesome day at home even though I had woken up thinking that I was still in the Motel bed. Only one hour of time difference, but I am still "off" a bit as I got used to the PST. I had really great Fitness Marshall workouts, 3 or 4 songs at a time. This set me up to be limber enough to get outside. I got so much done in the yard yesterday, but nothing in the house lol. Maybe I can get to some unpacking today. I did make a full rice cooker last night and will measure that into containers for the freezer this morning now that it has cooled. So nice to not have to go anywhere today. I did need a few grocery items, but ordered them from Walmart shipping to arrive today. Kind of laying low since if anyone sees me from either place that I work they will want me to come in and I am not ready for that : - )

Day 04-09/26 - 143.8 - Bad sleep, I awoke at 2am with a sharp pain/cramp going from my ankle all of the way up my leg. I have suffered leg cramps before and keep a heating pad beside my bed for that. Not sure I have ever had one quite like that. I wondered if it had anything to do with the Cortisone shot in my ankle 10 days ago. Got more done in the yard today. I opened up one of the coverings on one of the pepper beds to harvest it all and it really looks like it could grow a bit more. I know that I shouldn't wait too much longer. The onions in there looked ready for sure. I will take a peek at the other one today. I can pull the tomatoes at any time and let them ripen in a box, but I feel like more of them will ripen on the vine (tastier) if I can extend a little. The tomatoes that ripen in the box are what I cook my Jambalaya and stuff with, not eat in sandwiches.

Day 05-09/27-xxxxx-

Day 06-09/28-xxxxx-

Day 07-09/29-xxxxx-

Week 1 Goal: 139.8 - this will be my goal each week until I hit it
    Week 1 actual weight

Mini 21 day Challenge
    Legs straight up (draining) with arm weights exercises, 4-6-ish minutes.
    Round 1, June 25.23 start: 12.5" start, 11.75" end.
    Round 2: 11.75" start, 11.5" Even though my weight is higher, my batwings are getting smaller?
    I have a mole, so it is easy to measure in exactly the same place.
    Round 3: 11.5" - Wow, a whole inch off of my upper arm since beginning this!!
    Round 4: 11.0" start 11.5- So pleased!!
    Round 5: September 18 - October 08

Going to keep this up. 4-5 minutes is easy to fit into a schedule. Positive new habit.

Day 01 - Sept 18 – 5:42 of 20 reps of the 3: skull crushers, biceps, chest presses
    Day 02 - Sept 19 – 6:48 of the 3
    Day 03 - Sept 20 – 7:38 of the 3
    Day 04 - Sept 21 – 6:48 - My elbows were sore in bed last night, could be any of the 3 exercises. I might try to skip it for tonight. I will copy paste this over to the new 100 as well.
    Day 05 - Sept 22 – Skipped, on purpose
    Day 06 - Sept 23 – 9:51 of the 3
    Day 07 - Sept 24 – 8:13 of the 3 - felt so great to put my legs up straight
    Day 08 - Sept 25 – 8:15 of the 3
    Day 09 - Sept 26 –
    Day 10 - Sept 27 –
    Day 11 - Sept 28 –
    Day 12 - Sept 29 –
    Day 13 - Sept 30 –
    Day 14 - Oct 01 –
    Day 15 - Oct 02 –
    Day 16 - Oct 03–
    Day 17 - Oct 04 –
    Day 18 - Oct 05 –
    Day 19 - Oct 06 –
    Day 20 - Oct 07 –
    Day 21 - Oct 08 –

Start weight of this 100:
    Previous: 144.4, one before that: 143.4, and the one before that 142.2

60th birthday weight: 141.1, 61st birthday weight: 131.1, 62nd birthday weight 138.1, 63rd birthday weight: 142.8
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,854 Member
    Options

Day 04-09/26-xxxxx- 71.5 kg. Went to an Art Exhibition opening and demolished a plate of sandwiches. I am not safe in the presence of bread.

@tinathescreamer You are preaching to the choir Sister. LOL. Love me some bread but with diabetics (especially those who need to lose weight) it's a no-no. My biggest challenge by far......
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    https://youtu.be/iok-dkEfNtg?si=p0oW5q7Og2Fx7SPs

Have any of you ever done Leslie Sansone’s Walk at Home videos? I love her older videos with just her or with the original group of people. Going to start back with them tomorrow with the 1 mile video, it’s less than 20 minutes. It’s like a light to medium aerobic but less jarring. I do skip doing the “kick backs” as my knees get sore from that.

She’s great, motivating & not annoying. Even if you are just able to do the warm up & fast forward to the cool down it’s a start.

@geminimoon73 - I have many of Leslie Samson's Walk at Home videos. But not viewed them in years since I no longer have a DVD player. Loved her active walks especially on rainy days. Might try to pull them back out.
    Is there a way to transfer my DVDs to a file on my computer? Curious minds trying to solve a problem.

@Lilylady3k It's been a long time for me too with Leslie, but I used to find them on Youtube and do them from my PC screen. You also may be able to cast them to your TV if you have a smart TV or you may be able to just straight pull them up on the smart TV from youtube.
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    Interesting article ... What happens to your body if you exercise but don't eat well
    Even if your workouts are keeping you thin, health experts say it's virtually impossible to outrun a bad diet.
    Watch out for the habit to burn off what you eat ... visceral fat is less noticeable because it wraps around your organs.

“It’s not good or bad food; it’s just fuel,” she said. “When you look at it from an addition standpoint instead of a restriction standpoint, it’s a healthier approach to fueling yourself.”

@Lilylady3k I can't wait to check this out!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the contributions and sharing. We are truly sharing each other's journeys and there is always so much more to learn! This is wonderful
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    100 Days of Weighing In ^^^^^ Sept 23, 2023 thru Dec 31, 2023
    My Name is Donna, Age 63. I am 5’5” tall & I live in Northern Michigan USA

145320379.png

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Previous Rounds Tally & Thoughts:
    This shows the ending weights of each round:
    Round #1 --- 199,8
    Round #2 --- 186.8
    Round #3 --- 195.6
    Round #4 --- 211.0
    Round #5 --- 211.3
    Round #6 --- 205.4
    Round #7 --- 207.6
    Round #8 --- 195.2
    Round #9 --- 185.2
    Round #10—195.2
    Round #11---200.8
    Round #12---200.4
    Round #13---196.2
    Round #14---191.2
    Round #15---194.0
    Round #16---188.0

Thoughts at the start of this challenge:

1. I am down 23.3 pounds from my highest ending weight during these challenges (#5)
    2. I up 2.8 pounds from my lowest ending weight (#9)
    3. I am still down 11.8 pounds from the first challenge (#1)
    4. I am still ahead of the game and these challenges are working for me. It is up & down and slower than I would like but it’s generally working. I’ve got to continue to dedicate myself and put in the work. When I do, clearly the results are much better.

“We will encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” ~Maya Angelou
    Goal This Round: 176.0 (12 lbs)
    Starting Weight from End of Last Challenge: : 188.0
    Challenge Ending Weight: xxxxx

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

Day 01-09/23-187.8-(Trend weight 190.6)

Day 02-09/24-DNW-(Trend weight DNW)

Day 03-09/25-188.8-(Trend weight 190.4) Well $#!% It was only a few (well maybe a bit more than a few) cookies and it was day before yesterday and still, I am up a full pound. I know, I know, sometimes it shows up a couple of days later but wow. I’ve really increased my exercise in the past couple of days so I also wonder if it’s a bit of fluid retention. Also, I noticed in logging that my sodium has been up mainly from things like cottage cheese and tomato juice. It’s shocking how much sodium is in cottage cheese! The good news is that my trend weight is continuing to go down, my fat percentages continue to drop and I can physically feel the difference in my body shape and size. I will measure soon. Just keep going Donna. Keep Going. It’s not linear. (And STAY AWAY from your grandson’s JUNK).

Day 04-09/26-187.6-(Trend weight 190.1) It was a very good food day yesterday. I took it a bit easy on the exercise because I hadn’t felt very well the night before with my glucose being normal but feeling so low to me (I’m not used to it being in the “normal” range). I did get on the exercise bike but just strolled leisurely, nothing intense. I find at times, especially when watching my carbs, that I have a hard time getting in enough calories. Even though healthy fat foods are higher in calories, this is still the case. I worked hard to tweak my MFP food logging and fit in what I needed. The goal is to keep it more on the healthy side, and not just anything to make the numbers work. I don’t want my metabolism to slow down so it’s important that I get the calories as correct as possible. I’m still experimenting with the zig-zag for the weight loss. So far it’s going okay. The NSV for today is that my clothing is fitting like it’s supposed to, I’m not squeezed in or poured into the new lower sizes I’ve changed into over the past year. I need to start measuring again. Maybe I’ll start at the beginning of the month or thereabouts.

Day 05-09/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 06-09/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 07-09/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 1 LOSS OR GAIN:

Strength Training Mini Challenge Round 5:
    I will continue to work on batwing arms and flabby thighs. I will also try to engage in some floor/standing/chair exercising to tighten stomach area especially. I will try to add in some aerobic exercise like walking or dancing or the exercise bike AT LEAST 5 days a week. This is not my dream, it is my pledge to myself.

Day 01 - Sept 18 – 8 min with 5 lb weights, 25 min of aerobic dance, 75 min of walking in the school halls track, 15 min of regular floor exercises.
    Day 02 - Sept 19 – 5 min with 5 lb weights. Travel day for dental cleanings. Shopping day too. Not as many steps as I had hoped though.
    Day 03 - Sept 20 – 5 min with 5 lb weights. 115 min of walking at 2.5 mph. I closed all my circles on my fitbit easily (for once).
    Day 04 - Sept 21 – 5 min with 5 lb weights. 47 min on exercise bike including HIIT. Iso knee therapy x 3.
    Day 05 - Sept 22 – 8 min with 5 lb weights. 20 min of floor exercises. 31 min on exercise bike. Iso knee therapy x 2.
    Day 06 - Sept 23 – 7 min with 5 lb weights, 15 min of floor exercises, 16 min on exercise bike, 31 min of aerobic dancing, Iso knee x 2.
    Day 07 - Sept 24 – 6 min with 5 lb weights, 15 min of floor exercises, 32 min on exercise bike including HIIT, 32 min of aerobic dancing, Iso knee x 3.
    Day 08 - Sept 25 – 5 min with 5 lb weights, 31 minutes of exercise bike. A slight recovery day.
    Day 09 - Sept 26 –
    Day 10 - Sept 27 –
    Day 11 - Sept 28 –
    Day 12 - Sept 29 –
    Day 13 - Sept 30 –
    Day 14 - Oct 01 –
    Day 15 - Oct 02 –
    Day 16 - Oct 03–
    Day 17 - Oct 04 –
    Day 18 - Oct 05 –
    Day 19 - Oct 06 –
    Day 20 - Oct 07 –
    Day 21 - Oct 08 –

Future Weeks to Come
    Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

Day 08-09/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 09-10/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 10-10/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 11-10/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 12-10/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 13-10/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 14-10/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 2 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 15-10/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 16-10/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 17-10/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 18-10/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 19-10/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 20-10/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 21-10/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 3 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 22-10/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 23-10/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 24-10/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 25-10/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 26-10/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 27-10/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 28-10/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 4 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 29-10/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 30-10/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 31-10/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 32-10/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 33-10/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 34-10/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 35-10/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 5 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 36-10/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 37-10/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 38-10/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 39-10/31-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 40-11/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 41-11/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 42-11/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 6 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 43-11/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 44-11/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 45-11/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 46-11/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 47-11/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 48-11/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 49-11/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 7 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 50-11/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Halfway Progress Report: …..Pounds Lost so Far:

Day 51-11/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 52-11/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 53-11/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 54-11/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 55-11/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 56-11/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 8 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 57-11/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 58-11/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 59-11/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 60-11/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 61-11/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 62-11/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 63-11/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 9 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 64-11/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 65-11/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 66-11/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 67-11/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 68-11/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 69-11/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 70-12/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 10 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 71-12/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 72-12/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 73-12/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 74-12/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 75-12/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 76-12/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 77-12/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 11 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 78-12/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 79-12/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 80-12/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 81-12/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 82-12/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 83-12/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 84-12/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 12 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 85-12/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 86-12/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 87-12/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 88-12/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 89-12/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 90-12/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 91-12/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 13 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 92-12/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 93-12/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 94-12/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 95-12/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 96-12/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 97-12/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 98-12/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 14 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 99-12/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 100-12/31…..(Final Weigh- In)-xxxxx-(trend weight xxxxx)

• ptitejeanne
    ptitejeanne Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jeanne. 👋😀
    I'm 47, 5' 4". I live in Canada 🇨🇦

This is my second round of 100!
    My 1st round just finished yesterday
    and I lost 7.8 pounds.
    No specific goal for me here.
    I need to move and lose weight
    any amount is a win for me!!!!
    Before this challenge my weight
    would yo-yo real bad! So this is
    working for me!!

Day 01-09/23 : 158.6
    Day 02-09/24: 159.4
    Day 03-09/25: 159.8
    Day 04-09/26: 158.6
    Day 05-09/27:
    Day 06-09/28:
    Day 07-09/29:

WEEK 1 LOSS OR GAIN:
  • deepwoodslady
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Lilylady3K

Thanks for sharing this great article. I especially liked the last two paragraphs! Here is the link again for others:

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I want to lose at least 4.9 kg in this round.
    Day 1 86.7 kg 2x45 min walks
    Day 2 86.0 45 min walk
    Day 3 85.9 2x45 min walks
    --- Tracking my intake from now on, aiming for 6,000 kJ, posting total overeating above that number
    Day 4 85.9 45 minute walk
    Day 5 86.5

• geminimoon73
    geminimoon73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k Yes! The bread thing is hard. I e been eating Ezekiel low sodium sesame toast in the morning with the big slicer tomatoes I grew but I’ve done zero bread before & am considering it again but then don’t know what else is so low calorie & vegan for breakfast.

I ate protein & fruit today. Honestly didn’t have much of an appetite today from work stress. I succeeded at not buying chips as I drove past one grocery store & four minit marts on the way home…small successes lol. 😂 But it was hard. I wanted to crunchy saltiness of it.

My chunky monkey dog is participating our 100 day challenge too. So far she’s not impressed with the smaller treat bites. 🐩
  • tinathescreamer
    tinathescreamer Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady tbh I think it wasn't just the bread - they had lots of yummy filling like chicken and cucumber, ham and tomato, salmon .... oh, and the mayo added a lot to the calories! Maybe I should have just picked out the fillings and taken the bread home for the birds? But I'm proud of myself for avoiding all the cookies and juice and wine.
  • tinathescreamer
    tinathescreamer Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Back again! I went from 79 kg to 71.5 kg in the last Challenge. Planning to get down to 67 kg (147.4lb) in the next 100 days.
    Day 01-09/23-xxxxx- 71.5 kg. Received news this morning that a family member in Ireland has had a heart attack. It was partly her fault because she heard of my weight loss success and tried to go on a crazy sort of almost religious diet with nothing but raw fruit and walking 18,000 steps a day. At 62 years old! Luckily she is recovering well, but it makes me more careful about sticking to a slow, sustainable rate. The tortoise always beats the hare.

Day 02-09/24-xxxxx- 72 kg. Unsure of my BMI because I used to be 5' 10" (177.8 cm) but now I've lost, maybe an inch? Or Two? I'll tentatively say 175 cm. So 23.5 BMI. PRetty good, but I'd like to, ideally, 22. But will settle for 22.5.

Day 03-09/25-xxxxx- 72 kg. Found a whole $NZ3.00 (USD1.80) out walking today. Wish it was like that everyday!

Day 04-09/26-xxxxx- 71.5 kg. Went to an Art Exhibition opening and demolished a plate of sandwiches. I am not safe in the presence of bread.

Day 05-09/27-xxxxx- 72.1 kg. Whatever has happened! Could it be something I ate last night?

Day 06-09/28-xxxxx-

Day 07-09/29-xxxxx-

WEEK 1 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 08-09/30-xxxxx-

Day 09-10/01-xxxxx-

Day 10-10/02-xxxxx-

Day 11-10/03-xxxxx-

Day 12-10/04-xxxxx-

Day 13-10/05-xxxxx-

Day 14-10/06-xxxxx-

WEEK 2 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 15-10/07-xxxxx-

Day 16-10/08-xxxxx-

Day 17-10/09-xxxxx-

Day 18-10/10-xxxxx-

Day 19-10/11-xxxxx-

Day 20-10/12-xxxxx-

Day 21-10/13-xxxxx-

WEEK 3 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 22-10/14-xxxxx-

Day 23-10/15-xxxxx-

Day 24-10/16-xxxxx-

Day 25-10/17-xxxxx-

Day 26-10/18-xxxxx-

Day 27-10/19-xxxxx-

Day 28-10/20-xxxxx-

WEEK 4 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 29-10/21-xxxxx-

Day 30-10/22-xxxxx-

Day 31-10/23-xxxxx-

Day 32-10/24-xxxxx-

Day 33-10/25-xxxxx-

Day 34-10/26-xxxxx-

Day 35-10/27-xxxxx-

WEEK 5 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 36-10/28-xxxxx-

Day 37-10/29-xxxxx-

Day 38-10/30-xxxxx-

Day 39-10/31-xxxxx-

Day 40-11/01-xxxxx-

Day 41-11/02-xxxxx-

Day 42-11/03-xxxxx-

WEEK 6 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 43-11/04-xxxxx-

Day 44-11/05-xxxxx-

Day 45-11/06-xxxxx-

Day 46-11/07-xxxxx-

Day 47-11/08-xxxxx-

Day 48-11/09-xxxxx-

Day 49-11/10-xxxxx-

WEEK 7 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 50-11/11-xxxxx-

Halfway Progress Report: …..Pounds Lost so Far:

Day 51-11/12-xxxxx-

Day 52-11/13-xxxxx-

Day 53-11/14-xxxxx-

Day 54-11/15-xxxxx-

Day 55-11/16-xxxxx-

Day 56-11/17-xxxxx-

WEEK 8 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 57-11/18-xxxxx-

Day 58-11/19-xxxxx-

Day 59-11/20-xxxxx-

Day 60-11/21-xxxxx-

Day 61-11/22-xxxxx-

Day 62-11/23-xxxxx-

Day 63-11/24-xxxxx-

WEEK 9 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 64-11/25-xxxxx-

Day 65-11/26-xxxxx-

Day 66-11/27-xxxxx-

Day 67-11/28-xxxxx-

Day 68-11/29-xxxxx-

Day 69-11/30-xxxxx-

Day 70-12/01-xxxxx-

WEEK 10 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 71-12/02-xxxxx-

Day 72-12/03-xxxxx-

Day 73-12/04-xxxxx-

Day 74-12/05-xxxxx-

Day 75-12/06-xxxxx-

Day 76-12/07-xxxxx-

Day 77-12/08-xxxxx-

WEEK 11 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 78-12/09-xxxxx-

Day 79-12/10-xxxxx-

Day 80-12/11-xxxxx-

Day 81-12/12-xxxxx-

Day 82-12/13-xxxxx-

Day 83-12/14-xxxxx-

Day 84-12/15-xxxxx-

WEEK 12 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 85-12/16-xxxxx-

Day 86-12/17-xxxxx-

Day 87-12/18-xxxxx-

Day 88-12/19-xxxxx-

Day 89-12/20-xxxxx-

Day 90-12/21-xxxxx-

Day 91-12/22-xxxxx-

WEEK 13 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 92-12/23-xxxxx-

Day 93-12/24-xxxxx-

Day 94-12/25-xxxxx-

Day 95-12/26-xxxxx-

Day 96-12/27-xxxxx-

Day 97-12/28-xxxxx-

Day 98-12/29-xxxxx-

WEEK 14 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 99-12/30-xxxxx-

Day 100-12/31…..(Final Weigh- In)-xxxxx-
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Day / Weight Daily Weigh In / Trend Weight / Comments report day of steps & activity with notes from the day before

Tracking: W=walk miles, SF=strong & fit strength class 1 hr, B=bike minutes, S=swim laps, A=water/agua ounces, J=tracked/journaled all my food cal/net carbs, V=vitamin, AF=alcohol Free

Day 01: 09/23 - 231.7 / 231.8
    Day 02: 09/24 - 232.4 / 231.8 - V, W .5 mile
    Day 03: 09/25 - 231.1 / 231.7 - Biked 20 min, 5 min strength w/ 5 lb weights, S&F form video. A 80oz, J V AF. Getting back into better habits!
    Day 04: 09/26 - 230.2 / 231.4 - Biked 20 min, 5 min strength w/ 5 lb weights, A 80 oz, J V AF.
    Day 05: 09/27 - 229.3 / 230.7 -
    Day 06: 09/28 -
    Day 07: 09/29 -

1st week goal weight: < 230

The scale is once again back under 230 ... now to get the trend there as well!!! The goal will be not to let it bounce back up above 230 like it did in July and Aug ... I hate backtracking and losing the pounds I've lost a million times before. But it is my life and I need to not let that get to me as much as just work what I know works and don't slip up. Or if I slip up let it be a one day slide ... not a week, month or year!!

In the green 2 days in a row! Now to pull together a string of them throughout the rest of this month and through October.
    Getting back into the habit of journaling has been great. WHY? Because it makes me think before putting something in my mouth. Do I want DH's cookies ... yes but I've not touched them. Do I want the French bread ... yes but I've let that too go. I did give myself a very small treat. ONE and only 1 mini dark chocolate Reeses peanut butter cup last night when I skipped the nice bottle of wine DH was pouring.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @DarinGettingHawtin2013

Glad that you are joining us : - )
    What is Pikman? (guess that I could go and google that : - ))
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    https://youtu.be/iok-dkEfNtg?si=p0oW5q7Og2Fx7SPs

Have any of you ever done Leslie Sansone’s Walk at Home videos? I love her older videos with just her or with the original group of people. Going to start back with them tomorrow with the 1 mile video, it’s less than 20 minutes. It’s like a light to medium aerobic but less jarring. I do skip doing the “kick backs” as my knees get sore from that.

She’s great, motivating & not annoying. Even if you are just able to do the warm up & fast forward to the cool down it’s a start.

@geminimoon73 - I have many of Leslie Samson's Walk at Home videos. But not viewed them in years since I no longer have a DVD player. Loved her active walks especially on rainy days. Might try to pull them back out.
    Is there a way to transfer my DVDs to a file on my computer? Curious minds trying to solve a problem.

@Lilylady3k It's been a long time for me too with Leslie, but I used to find them on Youtube and do them from my PC screen. You also may be able to cast them to your TV if you have a smart TV or you may be able to just straight pull them up on the smart TV from youtube.

@Lilylady3k
    DVDs will play in Blu-Ray players (not the other way around) and in computers that have drives. I think that is is possible to somehow save it as a file like MP4 or WMV?
    My Blu-Ray player allows me to watch YouTube on my non-smart TV. I didn't know this for a long time lol.

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @deepwoodslady

Maybe you can "borrow" calories from another day to get up to that 1,000

Or, 15 Almonds = 100 calories, or an Avocado = 240 calories (might be more filling)