Tracking Food

Options
How do you track your food if you do not eat all items in a frozen meal?
Tagged:

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    adunson229 wrote: »

Depends on what it was. Vegetables? Don't worry about it. Meat or grains... looks up and estimate how many calories the uneaten amount of grain or meat would be, then make the meal size just small enough to reduce it by that many calories.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I suppose you could try taking the portion you didn't eat, measure it, look it up to estimate the nutrition, & subtract from the calories/macros.

Like let's say you left the compartment of corn, weight the corn, then calculate the calories/carbs/fat/etc. in that size serving of corn, and deduct the numbers from the total on the package.

There is probably no perfect way unless you know exactly how they prepared the item you're not eating (like if it's a veggie medly in a sauce, you would need to know the sauce ingredients & types of veggies) and it could get really fussy counting it. But you may be able to get a general idea.

Probably better to err on the side of caution, too.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean...if you are asking how to track food that isn't pre-packaged then the answer is that you weigh/measure it and log that.

If you cannot weigh/measure, then you simply have to make your best estimate.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    adunson229 wrote: »

Basically take your best guess. I'd probably just log the whole thing.