100 Day Challenge #17 September 23, 2023 through December 31, 2023

Options

Replies

• Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m Lynn, 76, 5’2”, from B.C., Canada. Just printed the previous 100 Day challenge and titling it “Diary of a Backslide”. This’ll be my 2nd 100 day challenge ..

Day 01-09/23- 171.4 Met Clare at Lac des Roche; slow 2 ½ hr paddle yesterday. Struggled a bit carrying kayaks back up to cars. Need to work on rebuilding climbing strength and ‘getting my breath back’. Spent a lot of time on phone with DS1 and his triangle of people.

Day 02-09/24: 173.4 Kinda bummed about my wt but probably a ‘catch up’ from the cake etc on Thursday. Made a BD supper complete with carrot cake but friend canceled at last minute; pleaded covid contact. Purchased stair stepper. Did short workout on bike and stepper but cut short because of darkness.

Day 03-09/25: 173.4, kinda slipped into “I don’t give a da**” mood yesterday. Paying for it today.

Day 04-09/26: 173.2

Day 05-09/27: 171.8 .. feeling hopeful that I’ll soon get out of the 170’s. later: Once again late evening snacking zero’d out this loss. *sigh* Really need to get a handle on that habit.
    90 minute hike on gasline w/Cindy.

Day 06-09/28: 173. Regretting last nite’s snacking. Happy with not feeling hip etc stiffness or discomfort after yesterday’s hike.
    Today I will: 10 water ( 12) ,
    30 min circuit workout ( treadmill, bike & stepper; quads on fire!),
    max of 23 WW pts (24) .
    Hubby is going to bake sourdough bread this afternoon so Please Lord, Give me Strength! Thinking of rearranging my afternoon so I’m out of the house.

Day 07-09/29: 171.8 Had the crazy idea of joining my GF camping .. was excited but doubts began creeping in around 4am. Checked the weather for the area and rain this afternoon, nighttime low of 1degree C. Cancelled.
    Today I will: 10 water, 10
    30 min deliberate exercise, 26 min. free weights & stretching
    max of 23 WW pts.; went over ☹

Week one goal: 170.?
    Week 1 actual wt: 171.8 Not thrilled but it is what it is.

Week 2:

Day 08-09/30: 173.4 Daily goal: 10+ water __ ; <23WW pts: __ ; Exercise __ ;

Day 09-10/01:

Day 10-10/02:

Day 11-10/03:

Day 12-10/04:

Day 13-10/05:

Day 14-10/06:

Week 2 Goal:: 169.?
    Weel 2 Actual Wt
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jenny from the Bronx, NY - 58 years old, 5' 6"…

Hi @jennysweet58
    Aka Jenny form the Block 😉
    Everyday I see your post
    I instantly smile and hear J-Lo singing…
    https://youtu.be/Il_0nRSeEes?si=_UHtepJ4lW3GMks6

Just like in the movies,
    a soundtrack when you come in hihi

Ha! Glad I can add a little music to your day :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy

Just a few thoughts/ideas on your leg cramps that seem to be persisting.

1. I know you are lifting them to drain them and that it feels very good. I just want to make sure you are not doing too much of that all at once since you are not a heart patient and you may not be retaining as much as you think. However, with that said, you ARE on your feet for an incredible amount of time each day. Maybe breaking the draining up to about 2 minutes at a time a couple of time per day is something you could try.

2. Are you perhaps low on sodium/salt? I would watch your diary and see if that may be the case. That has happened to me many times and a pinch of himalayan salt or sea salt shortly before bed helped me.

3. When I was a Postal worker many years ago we were told by management to take a one pill supplement of calcuium, magnesium, zinc for leg and foot cramps as it was very common for us to suffer with the cramping since we were on our feet so much. Wow, it really did help.

4. Keep your eyes peeled for swelling in any part of your leg. It could be a sign of a blood clot.
    If the pains are in both legs it is probably not a clot, if only in one leg, that is not a good sign.
    You would need to have it checked right away for a clot. Of course, having had the shot in just one confuses the situation, but if it persists I would go to an ER so that they can assess it. It is better safe than sorry.

Just a few ideas because I hate to see you suffer or in pain, especially when it is affecting other important things like sleep.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Donna!
    Maybe you remember 2 or 3 years ago I was getting leg cramps in the night, googled, and began eating 1/2 a banana each day and they went away. I fell off of that regimen. I was talking to some regular customers at the restaurant yesterday and that came up. I went and bought some bananas after work so I will try to get myself back into that habit. Natural cures aren't quick like a pill, but it did work for me before. I do also take Magnesium before bed each night.
    As for the leg draining, it really feels fantastic since I work on my feet each day, my legs really pulse when I have them up, so no doubt I have lots of blood pooling from my daily work.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Lilylady3k

Ah, ribs!! I am keeping them to once each 100, and we just started this one lol. I have 3 racks in the freezer for when I am ready to have my rib day : - )

I did a huge harvest on Thursday night for fear of a hard freeze. I mean, I have been eating peppers and tomatoes and onions (along with beans, sugar snap peas, herbs) for more than a month, but they would turn to mush if I left them out (covered) and the temps dropped too low.
    One box of green tomatoes that will ripen that way, but those are not like sandwich quality, they will be used in the cooking spree of Jambalaya, chili etc. in a month from now when they are all red. 3 huge bowls of beautiful peppers. I will keep eating them raw for now, but those will need to get cored and seeded and put in the freezer for future cooking. I have red, yellow, and white onions.
    Beets, carrots, and the remaining potatoes will be fine for another month or so, but thinking that it is getting close to the time to get my garlic planted for next August's harvest. Once my Maple tree sheds its leaves is when I do it, because I put 4 inches of leaves over top of the garlic bed after planting.

Haha, of course I will attach some photos!

55rrco9ptid5.jpg

Stuff is protected on my covered front porch for now...

oc9ykztmtbw4.jpg

Under the canopy before harvest:
    zrgoam2w5jjn.jpg

Some real beauties under there to save (yes, of course there is dirt under my nails lol)
    oztgr06ywsir.jpg

Yum!
    kf0rerr4sxhd.jpg

I would have liked to wait another 2 weeks for the tomatoes to ripen further on the vines, but they would be unusable if I waited I think. I have about 20 beautifully ripe ones to eat each day in a sandwich, and these will be my cooking ones once they ripen in the box:

p7vvc3atukii.jpg

• dawnbgethealthy
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Lynn__W

Would that have been tent camping? Frigid lol.

Yes, it was 3c here on Thursday morning, I got terrified for my food for the year so didn't bid on the Thursday night job, came right home after the restaurant and worked almost until dark digging onions and harvesting those things that won't survive the cold. It was 20c at 3:15pm, but I didn't want to risk it.

You sure are adventurous in your lifestyle!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Thank you for keeping us going @deepwoodslady !!
    Hi everyone.
    I am Dawn. 5'2" (used to be 5'3"), 63 years old as of September 20th.
    My BMI and stuff like that shows my optimum healthy weight should be between 110 and 118.

I have made a decision to limit restaurant food to 6 times per year since I seem to gain a few pounds each time which could take 3-6 months to get back off from one visit.
    Rolling total so far: 4 out of the 6

Week 1 Goal: 139.8 - this will be my goal each week until I hit it
    Week 1 actual weight - 142.0 - Started the week at 143.2

Day 08-09/30 - 142.2 - I don't have any jobs at all booked for today. It is raining and 6c so I won't even be going hiking. I did laundry this morning and little else so far. Kind of not used to having free time without outdoor activity. I will for sure get a bunch of Fitness Marshall songs in here and there. I usually burn 400+ calories each day on my pedometre from working, but it appears that I won't be working today, feels weird after having worked 7 days a week almost the entire summer starting in May. I think that I don't know how to relax? Today is Truth and Reconcilliation Day in Canada, so many of my normal radio shows that I listen to are pre-empted today. I do have a mini Prosecco and some Camebert lol, but we'll see about that in the afternoon.

Day 09-10/01-xxxxx-

Day 10-10/02-xxxxx-

Day 11-10/03-xxxxx-

Day 12-10/04-xxxxx-

Day 13-10/05-xxxxx-

Day 14-10/06-xxxxx-

Week 2 Goal: 139.8 - this will be my goal each week until I hit it
    Week 2 actual weight -

Mini 21 day Challenge
    Legs straight up (draining) with arm weights exercises, 4-6-ish minutes.
    Round 1, June 25.23 start: 12.5" start, 11.75" end.
    Round 2: 11.75" start, 11.5" Even though my weight is higher, my batwings are getting smaller?
    I have a mole, so it is easy to measure in exactly the same place.
    Round 3: 11.5" - Wow, a whole inch off of my upper arm since beginning this!!
    Round 4: 11.0" start 11.5- So pleased!!
    Round 5: September 18 - October 08

Going to keep this up. 4-5 minutes is easy to fit into a schedule. Positive new habit.

Day 01 - Sept 18 – 5:42 of 20 reps of the 3: skull crushers, biceps, chest presses
    Day 02 - Sept 19 – 6:48 of the 3
    Day 03 - Sept 20 – 7:38 of the 3
    Day 04 - Sept 21 – 6:48 - My elbows were sore in bed last night, could be any of the 3 exercises. I might try to skip it for tonight. I will copy paste this over to the new 100 as well.
    Day 05 - Sept 22 – Skipped, on purpose
    Day 06 - Sept 23 – 9:51 of the 3
    Day 07 - Sept 24 – 8:13 of the 3 - felt so great to put my legs up straight
    Day 08 - Sept 25 – 8:15 of the 3
    Day 09 - Sept 26 – 7:36 of the 3
    Day 10 - Sept 27 – 9:04 of the 3
    Day 11 - Sept 28 – 8:20 of the 3 - I just start the stopwatch when I begin. Conscious of trying to keep it slower for better results as @Lilylady3k suggested.
    Day 12 - Sept 29 – 7:17 of the 3
    Day 13 - Sept 30 –
    Day 14 - Oct 01 –
    Day 15 - Oct 02 –
    Day 16 - Oct 03–
    Day 17 - Oct 04 –
    Day 18 - Oct 05 –
    Day 19 - Oct 06 –
    Day 20 - Oct 07 –
    Day 21 - Oct 08 –

Start weight of this 100:
    Previous: 144.4, one before that: 143.4, and the one before that 142.2

60th birthday weight: 141.1, 61st birthday weight: 131.1, 62nd birthday weight 138.1, 63rd birthday weight: 142.8
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,224 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy

Just a few thoughts/ideas on your leg cramps that seem to be persisting.

1. I know you are lifting them to drain them and that it feels very good. I just want to make sure you are not doing too much of that all at once since you are not a heart patient and you may not be retaining as much as you think. However, with that said, you ARE on your feet for an incredible amount of time each day. Maybe breaking the draining up to about 2 minutes at a time a couple of time per day is something you could try.

2. Are you perhaps low on sodium/salt? I would watch your diary and see if that may be the case. That has happened to me many times and a pinch of himalayan salt or sea salt shortly before bed helped me.

3. When I was a Postal worker many years ago we were told by management to take a one pill supplement of calcuium, magnesium, zinc for leg and foot cramps as it was very common for us to suffer with the cramping since we were on our feet so much. Wow, it really did help.

4. Keep your eyes peeled for swelling in any part of your leg. It could be a sign of a blood clot.
    If the pains are in both legs it is probably not a clot, if only in one leg, that is not a good sign.
    You would need to have it checked right away for a clot. Of course, having had the shot in just one confuses the situation, but if it persists I would go to an ER so that they can assess it. It is better safe than sorry.

Just a few ideas because I hate to see you suffer or in pain, especially when it is affecting other important things like sleep.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Donna!
    Maybe you remember 2 or 3 years ago I was getting leg cramps in the night, googled, and began eating 1/2 a banana each day and they went away. I fell off of that regimen. I was talking to some regular customers at the restaurant yesterday and that came up. I went and bought some bananas after work so I will try to get myself back into that habit. Natural cures aren't quick like a pill, but it did work for me before. I do also take Magnesium before bed each night.
    As for the leg draining, it really feels fantastic since I work on my feet each day, my legs really pulse when I have them up, so no doubt I have lots of blood pooling from my daily work.

@dawnbgethealthy Yes, the potassium could really help especially when it has worked in the past. Keep us posted!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    100 Days of Weighing In ^^^^^ Sept 23, 2023 thru Dec 31, 2023
    My Name is Donna, Age 63. I am 5’5” tall & I live in Northern Michigan USA
    “We will encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” ~Maya Angelou

Goal This Round: 176.0 (12 lbs)
    Starting Weight from End of Last Challenge: : 188.0
    Challenge Ending Weight: xxxxx

145320379.png

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Thoughts at the start of this challenge:

1. I am down 23.3 pounds from my highest ending weight during these challenges (#5)
    2. I up 2.8 pounds from my lowest ending weight (#9)
    3. I am still down 11.8 pounds from the first challenge (#1)
    4. I am still ahead of the game and these challenges are working for me. It is up & down and slower than I would like but it’s generally working. I’ve got to continue to dedicate myself and put in the work. When I do, clearly the results are much better.

Previous Rounds Tally :
    This shows the ending weights of each round:
    Round #1 --- 199,8
    Round #2 --- 186.8
    Round #3 --- 195.6
    Round #4 --- 211.0
    Round #5 --- 211.3
    Round #6 --- 205.4
    Round #7 --- 207.6
    Round #8 --- 195.2
    Round #9 --- 185.2
    Round #10—195.2
    Round #11---200.8
    Round #12---200.4
    Round #13---196.2
    Round #14---191.2
    Round #15---194.0
    Round #16---188.0

Previous Weeks
    Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

Day 01-09/23-187.8-(Trend weight 190.6)

Day 02-09/24-DNW-(Trend weight DNW)

Day 03-09/25-188.8-(Trend weight 190.4)

Day 04-09/26-187.6-(Trend weight 190.1)

Day 05-09/27-187.6-(Trend weight 189.8)

Day 06-09/28-188.4-(Trend weight 189.7)
    Day 07-09/29-188.6-(Trend weight 189.6) I was way under calorie but way over carbs. Just not the right food combinations for my macros and it was such a busy day that I didn’t have time to keep tweaking. I wondered what this would mean for the scale. Weight up a tad, trend weight down a tad. Up early this morning for the school bus with DGS. Today I take him in for a haircut as we prep for school pics next week. I love the time I get to spend with him although I always dread the early mornings/lack of sleep on Fridays. Gotta push water today. I realized I’ve not had more than 4 or 6 oz per day for the past couple of days which may have contributed to the explained uptick day before yesterday that I’m still fighting.

WEEK 1 LOSS OR GAIN: 0.6 GAIN (Already starting this round playing Catch-Up.
    Accumulated Loss or Gain: 0.6 GAIN

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

Day 08-09/30-188.2-(Trend weight 189.5) I am shocked and pleased at the scale reading today after having a horrid snack last night. I hope it doesn’t catch up to me in the coming days. I’m going to work really hard to stay ahead of it. I changed the day to a higher calorie zig-zag day before closing out, which means that today I will have to tighten my belt. I really want to get to the mid 180’s soon. I’m sure last night was self-sabotage since it was the end of the month and the end of some of my monthly challenges (final weigh-in).

Day 09-10/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 10-10/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 11-10/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 12-10/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 13-10/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 14-10/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 2 LOSS OR GAIN:
    Accumulated Loss or Gain:

Strength Training Mini Challenge Round 5:
    I will continue to work on batwing arms and flabby thighs. I will also try to engage in some floor/standing/chair exercising to tighten stomach area especially. I will try to add in some aerobic exercise like walking or dancing or the exercise bike AT LEAST 5 days a week. This is not my dream, it is my pledge to myself.

Day 01 - Sept 18 – 8 min with 5 lb weights, 25 min of aerobic dance, 75 min of walking in the school halls track, 15 min of regular floor exercises.
    Day 02 - Sept 19 – 5 min with 5 lb weights. Travel day for dental cleanings. Shopping day too. Not as many steps as I had hoped though.
    Day 03 - Sept 20 – 5 min with 5 lb weights. 115 min of walking at 2.5 mph. I closed all my circles on my fitbit easily (for once).
    Day 04 - Sept 21 – 5 min with 5 lb weights. 47 min on exercise bike including HIIT. Iso knee therapy x 3.
    Day 05 - Sept 22 – 8 min with 5 lb weights. 20 min of floor exercises. 31 min on exercise bike. Iso knee therapy x 2.
    Day 06 - Sept 23 – 7 min with 5 lb weights, 15 min of floor exercises, 16 min on exercise bike, 31 min of aerobic dancing, Iso knee x 2.
    Day 07 - Sept 24 – 6 min with 5 lb weights, 15 min of floor exercises, 32 min on exercise bike including HIIT, 32 min of aerobic dancing, Iso knee x 3.
    Day 08 - Sept 25 – 5 min with 5 lb weights, 31 minutes of exercise bike. A slight recovery day.
    Day 09 - Sept 26 – 5 min with 5 lb weights, 50 minutes of aerobic dancing, Iso knee therapy x 1.
    Day 10 - Sept 27 – 7 min with 5 lb weights, 46 min on exercise bike including HIIT, Iso knee therapy x 3.
    Day 11 - Sept 28 – 5 min with 5 lb weights, 15 min of general floor exercising. Busy day.
    Day 12 - Sept 29 – 5 min with resistance band loop, 15 min of general floor exercising, 15 min of aerobic dance. Iso knee therapy x3.
    Day 13 - Sept 30 –
    Day 14 - Oct 01 –
    Day 15 - Oct 02 –
    Day 16 - Oct 03–
    Day 17 - Oct 04 –
    Day 18 - Oct 05 –
    Day 19 - Oct 06 –
    Day 20 - Oct 07 –
    Day 21 - Oct 08 –

Future Weeks to Come

Day 15-10/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 16-10/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 17-10/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 18-10/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 19-10/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 20-10/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 21-10/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 3 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 22-10/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 23-10/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 24-10/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 25-10/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 26-10/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 27-10/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 28-10/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 4 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 29-10/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 30-10/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 31-10/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 32-10/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 33-10/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 34-10/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 35-10/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 5 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 36-10/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 37-10/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 38-10/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 39-10/31-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 40-11/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 41-11/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 42-11/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 6 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 43-11/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 44-11/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 45-11/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 46-11/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 47-11/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 48-11/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 49-11/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 7 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 50-11/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Halfway Progress Report: …..Pounds Lost so Far:

Day 51-11/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 52-11/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 53-11/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 54-11/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 55-11/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 56-11/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 8 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 57-11/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 58-11/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 59-11/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 60-11/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 61-11/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 62-11/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 63-11/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 9 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 64-11/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 65-11/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 66-11/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 67-11/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 68-11/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 69-11/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 70-12/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 10 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 71-12/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 72-12/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 73-12/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 74-12/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 75-12/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 76-12/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 77-12/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 11 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 78-12/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 79-12/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 80-12/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 81-12/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 82-12/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 83-12/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 84-12/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 12 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 85-12/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 86-12/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 87-12/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 88-12/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 89-12/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 90-12/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 91-12/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 13 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 92-12/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 93-12/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 94-12/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 95-12/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 96-12/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 97-12/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 98-12/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 14 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 99-12/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 100-12/31…..(Final Weigh- In)-xxxxx-(trend weight xxxxx)

• ptitejeanne
    ptitejeanne Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jeanne. 👋😀
    I'm 47, 5' 4". I live in Canada 🇨🇦

This is my second round of 100!
    My 1st round just finished yesterday
    and I lost 7.8 pounds.
    No specific goal for me here.
    I need to move and lose weight
    any amount is a win for me!!!!
    Before this challenge my weight
    would yo-yo real bad! So this is
    working for me!!

Day 01-09/23 : 158.6
    Day 02-09/24: 159.4
    Day 03-09/25: 159.8
    Day 04-09/26: 158.6
    Day 05-09/27: 159.4
    Day 06-09/28: 160.2
    Day 07-09/29: 159.6

WEEK 1 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 08-09/30: 161.4
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @dawnbgethealthy !
    I'm in!
    73 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Heaviest: 192.2
    Round GW: 148.0
    UGW: 145.0
    Day 01 - 09/23 - 148.9 at 7:50 a.m. ...5.87 miles in 111 mins then both Grandsons Duty for a while
    Day 02 - 09/24 - 148.9 at 8:00 a.m. ...zero...zero...zero
    Day 03 - 09/25 - 149.5 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/my trainer
    Day 04 - 09/26 - 148.8 at 5:30 a.m. ...3.48 miles in 64 mins then Grandson Duty
    Day 05 - 09/27 - 150.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/my trainer
    Day 06 - 09/28 - 149.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...3.49 miles in 64 mins then Grandson Duty
    Day 07 - 09/29 - 150.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/my trainer
    WEEK 1 LOSS OR GAIN: +1.1
    Day 08 - 09/30 -
    Day 09 - 10/01 -
    Day 10 - 10/02 -
    Day 11 - 10/03 -
    Day 12 - 10/04 -
    Day 13 - 10/05 -
    Day 14 - 10/06 -
    WEEK 2 LOSS OR GAIN:
    Chris
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    Just popping in to share the easiest possible recipe! You can hardly call it a recipe, really. I was craving some cauliflower rice mushroom risotto - well more like the idea of one. I had a recipe before that tasted fine - but to create the creaminess it required taking some of the cauliflower /mushroom mixture and making it a puree that you added to the dish. It didn't fool me, ha ha. Other recipes use heavy cream and butter - not for me - or want you to stir and reduce and take a lot of time like real risotto - not for me either, I am too lazy for that! I love Hungry Girl and she had a version that was super easy, but everything was basically boiled in one pot...nah, you gotta at least caramelize the onions right? So here's what I did:

I had picked up some whole portobello mushrooms this morning while food shopping, so I lined a cookie sheet with foil, sprayed with olive oil spray and preheated the oven to 400 degrees. I removed the stems & fins and used a damp paper towel to wipe them down. I put them fin side up on the cookie sheet, gave the tops another spray of olive oil and seasoned with salt & pepper. I baked them for 15 minutes, removed from the oven to turn them over & empty out the liquid, and baked for 5 minutes more. (in retrospect I could have reserved that liquid to add to the "rice" - next time!)

Meanwhile, I took frozen cauliflower rice & frozen chopped broccoli and cooked up 2 cups of each in the microwave. I diced a large onion & cooked it in a big pot with a little olive oil spray until it browned, added 1 tbs of chopped garlic and cooked one minute more. I added the cauliflower & broccoli to the onion along with 1 tsp Italian seasoning, turned off the heat and gave it a good mix along with a little salt & pepper. I divided into 3 portions, put two in the fridge then added a wedge of Laughing Cow cheddar cheese to the third and popped it in the microwave for 2 more mins (it was warm so it didn't take much, but probably making this cold it would need to nuke for maybe 2 minutes first before you add the cheese, then nuke 2 mins more). Gave the mixture a good mix, added 2 tbs of grated peccorino romano cheese, and topped with chopped roasted portobello. Because the LC cheese I had on hand was cheddar, it gave it a kind of mac & cheesy vibe...but I bet the Italian herb & garlic or plain swiss would be great too. But it was SUPER YUM, and very filling. OMG the roasted mushrooms made it! Why do I not roast mushrooms as food prep every week? So darn easy!!

Anyway that is my long-winded tale of creating my own yummy little dish that'll give me 2 more meals during the week, without spending hours doing it! I can easily make this alongside any other more complicated food prep I'm doing. Yay!

@jennysweet58 That sounds delicious! Yum!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - We smoked 2 racks of ribs and I made the decision to only eat 2 ribs. We have at least a rack of ribs left after the 4 of us and the baby ate. I froze half and decided we'll eat the other sometime next week. But the bump in scale is real!

I think bananas is a great way to combat your leg cramps! I too have had success with it in the past.

Plenty of dirt under my nails as well after weeding for hours! Love the pics of your garden's results and the tree in fall color.
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Wow! That's a great haul you had. Do you do any canning?

Also, I was wondering what you meant when you said you hadn't "bid" on a Thursday night job. Just curious.

BTW, I haven't been ignoring your question about what my handymen are up to. I've been meaning to take a few pics. I'll try to take some tomorrow and post them.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    100 Days of Accountability 9/23 - 12/31
    I need to quit losing the same pounds over and over. If you are tired of starting over, STOP giving up.

Female, Age 62, 5’3”
    Challenge Starting Weight: 232 (9/22/2023)
    Challenge Goal: <219
    History & Goals
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in day out.
    Ultimate Lifetime Goal: Weigh Less Each Year Than the Last
    2019 SW: 245 BMI 43.4 (1/2/2019) Lost 15 lbs in 2019 then regained 5
    2020 SW: 235 BMI 41.6 (1/1/2020) Then back up to 241 before refocusing in Aug
    2021 SW: 212 BMI 37.6 (1/1/2021) NOTE: Low 201.1 in August 2021
    2022 SW: 209 BMI 37.0 (1/1/2022)
    2023 SW: 232 BMI 41.1 (1/1/2023)

UGW: 165 BMI 29.2 Overweight NOT Obese
    🎯 Mini Goals & Weight:
    * Get out of the 230s!!!!!!
    * Recover lowest during round #15 226.2
    * Making below 225 stick
    * Into the teens again: <220
    * Less than I started year 2022: <209
    * Prior to Oct 2021 roadtrip damage: <206
    * Onederland: 199
    * Obese stage 1 BMI 34.9: 197
    * 50 lbs lost never to be found: 195

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's

My goal for 2023 is to get into ONEderland and make it stick. Changing my life.
    Plans:
    🔹Find workout routine that works (walk, bike, planks, yoga, swim, strength training, take advantage of retirement to be more active); target walking 100 miles each month
    🔹Drink more water (target min 64-80 oz daily; start with 1 glass before coffee)
    🔹Journal Food Daily (tracking with MFP since 12/28/2018; basically skipped June-Dec 2019; recommit 1/1/2020; skipped out April-July 2020; recommit 8/6/2020; derailed in 2022; recommit 1/3/2023)
    🔹Daily Vitamins (Dr’s orders; need to not ignore)
    🔹Drink less alcohol (3 AF days per week; ~12-16 AF days per month; limit 1-2 glasses per day)

Tracking: W=walk miles, SF=strong & fit strength class 1 hr, B=bike minutes, S=swim laps, A=water/agua ounces, J=tracked/journaled all my food cal/net carbs, V=vitamin, AF=alcohol Free
    Day / Weight Daily Weigh In / Trend Weight / Comments report day of activity

Tracking: W=walk miles, SF=strong & fit strength class 1 hr, B=bike minutes, S=swim laps, A=water/agua ounces, J=tracked/journaled all my food cal/net carbs, V=vitamin, AF=alcohol Free
    Day 01: 09/23 - 231.7 / 231.8
    Day 02: 09/24 - 232.4 / 231.8 - V, W .5 mile
    Day 03: 09/25 - 231.1 / 231.7 - Biked 20 min, 5 min strength w/ 5 lb weights, S&F form video. A 80oz, J V AF. Getting back into better habits!
    Day 04: 09/26 - 230.2 / 231.4 - Biked 20 min, 5 min strength w/ 5 lb weights, A 80 oz, J V AF.
    Day 05: 09/27 - 229.3 / 230.7 - Biked 20 min, 5 min strength w/ 5 lb weights, A 80 oz, J V AF. I got real snacky in the afternoon diving into kettle chips DH eats for lunch. Measured and tracked and moved on. But I can’t do that everyday! Still stayed under my personal targets of 1400 calories and less than 100 net carbs which is working until it doesn't. I know I lost 40+ lbs quickly on Keto in 2020-2021 targeting less than 20 and then 20-50 net carbs but I just don't think that is sustainable in the long run for me ... given that I gained almost all of it back!
    Day 06: 09/28 - 229.0 / 230.1 - W 1.6 mile (no car so walked to and from ESL class I volunteer teach), A 64 oz, J V AF. Still in the green but selected 2 Oreo Thin cookies for an afternoon snack then grabbed a banana so I wouldn’t eat more! These actions took me over my 100 net carb target.
    Day 07: 09/29 - 227.6 / 229.2 - No exercise skipped my S&F class to drive into town to pick up my granddaughter and visit my other one at daycare. A 64 oz, JV. Today I’m chasing my granddaughter as I babysit. Oh and @dawnbgetheathy DH is cooking 2 really large racks of ribs since my son & his family are joining us for dinner. Wishing you could join us! Trying to clean out the freezer and those take up a lot of space!
    Week 1 goal weight: < 230
    Week 1 actual weight: 227.6
    1st Week Weight Loss: 4.4
    Accumulated weight loss: 4.4
    Challenge weight to go: 8.6
    First week back on a real diet and not just playing around / pretending. Journaling kept my calories and net carbs in check for a first time since May earlier this year! Now the challenge will be to keep it up!

Day 08: 09/30 - 228.4 / 228.8 - Biked 20 min, 5 min strength w/ 5 lb weights, A 80 oz, J V. Bump up in weight expected with ribs and wine. Today I’m planning to weed weed weed! And I really want to get out my fall decorations … usually they are out by the first of Sept but with the heat and vacation I missed my normal routines. Also I’m going to get on the bike at some point.
    Day 09: 10/01 - 228.1 / 228.3 - We are getting together with all my kids to celebrate my oldest son’s birthday. DIL is making jambalaya and carrot cake for lunch. My plan is to exercise later today to keep things in check … I’m not passing on the food but portion control will be key!
    Day 10: 10/02 -
    Day 11: 10/03 -
    Day 12: 10/04 -
    Day 13: 10/05 -
    Day 14: 10/06 -

Week 2 goal weight: <227