Stranded on a desert island--what 5 things would you bring?

Options
13»

Replies

• ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Duct tape
    Airplane fuel
    Airplane
    Mechanic
    Pilot
  • Humadog21
    Humadog21 Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    1. Knife
    2. Ferro Rod
    3. Metal Pot
    4. Poncho
    5. Sunglasses😎
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,832 Member
    Options
    Massage oil
    Sven the masseur
    Barry White records
    That one drawer
    A towel
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited October 2023
    Options
    There’s an interesting thing going on in this thread. Some people equip them selves to survive. Some people equip themselves to escape. And some people equip themselves to enjoy their time on the island

ETA: I usually like to let people see the parallel lines for themselves because it’s more interesting that way, but it has recently come to my attention that what seems obvious to me doesn’t always seem obvious to other people. So.

Is it possible there are some comparisons to real life in these answers? Do people approach life in three methods: survive, escape, enjoy? And do the answers given reflect how a person actually approaches their own life?

In my case, I do not think the answers reflect my approach to life. I seem to have given mostly enjoyment answers. I don’t think I approach life that way, but I kind of wish I did.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Duct tape
    Airplane fuel
    Airplane
    Mechanic
    Pilot

😂 I see what you did there
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    There’s an interesting thing going on in this thread. Some people equip them selves to survive. Some people equip themselves to escape. And some people equip themselves to enjoy their time on the island

ETA: I usually like to let people see the parallel lines for themselves because it’s more interesting that way, but it has recently come to my attention that what seems obvious to me doesn’t always seem obvious to other people. So.

Is it possible there are some comparisons to real life in these answers? Do people approach life in three methods: survive, escape, enjoy? And do the answers given reflect how a person actually approaches their own life?

In my case, I do not think the answers reflect my approach to life. I seem to have given mostly enjoyment answers. I don’t think I approach life that way, but I kind of wish I did.

I probably wouldn’t of even noticed the different approaches had you not mentioned it. It is interesting to think about. I definitely think that survival was on my mind with my first answer.
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options

I like your analogy on how people may view this.

For me, survival is key and the first thing that I would be concerned with. I am a problem solver by nature, logical, and pragmatic. I frequently operate in this mode in real life, but sometimes I wish I could just "enjoy" life as it comes and not be consumed with fixing it.
  • Cajunbby93
    Cajunbby93 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A dessert island and stranded.
    1. A pole tent:
    2. A yeti type XL water jug.
    3. Multi tool
    4. Lighter
    5. White cloths.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

I like your analogy on how people may view this.

For me, survival is key and the first thing that I would be concerned with. I am a problem solver by nature, logical, and pragmatic. I frequently operate in this mode in real life, but sometimes I wish I could just "enjoy" life as it comes and not be consumed with fixing it.

I think I was a fixer, then a coper, then a survivor. Then I think I went through an escaper phase. Idk exactly what or who I am anymore but I’m excited to find out.
  • Humadog21
    Options
    1. My dog max (Boxer)
    2. Spear for fishing
    3. Woobie
    4. Lighter
    5. Max’s Ball
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Humadog21 wrote: »
    1. My dog max (Boxer)
    2. Spear for fishing
    3. Woobie
    4. Lighter
    5. Max’s Ball

Woobie? In my slang that’s a kind of hair tie. I bet that’s not what you mean though.
  • Humadog21
    Options
    1. My dog max (Boxer)
    2. Spear for fishing
    3. Woobie
    4. Lighter
    5. Max’s Ball

Woobie? In my slang that’s a kind of hair tie. I bet that’s not what you mean though.

No. Haha a “Woobie” is slang for an Army issued blanket. They are amazing. Very warm and don’t collect sand or dirt. Never heard it of a Woobie hair tie, that’s funny.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    1. My dog max (Boxer)
    2. Spear for fishing
    3. Woobie
    4. Lighter
    5. Max’s Ball

No. Haha a “Woobie” is slang for an Army issued blanket. They are amazing. Very warm and don’t collect sand or dirt. Never heard it of a Woobie hair tie, that’s funny.

Oh phew! Thank you. I almost resorted to google. 😁

The hair tie thing might be specific to just me & my friends.