what to add to salad at a mexican food place?

Options
i already KNOW what i am going to get:
chicken salad. no guac, no refried beans, no cheese (and probably no tortilla bowl so i won't be tempted to eat it..!). lots of SALSA though :)

question 1:
is there anything else you'd recommend i ask them to put in my salad to "beef" it up a little bit (specific veggies maybe?) that won't add a lot of calories?

question 2:
is there anything else i can munch on BESIDES tortilla chips during the happy-hour phase? im only planning on 2 drinks plus my chicken salad, and i've allotted the cals for it. but i get munchy with those chips and salsa, and am trying to think if there's something else i can ask for to get that munch without the exponentially increasing calorie count...

thanksssssss! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    i already KNOW what i am going to get:
    chicken salad. no guac, no refried beans, no cheese (and probably no tortilla bowl so i won't be tempted to eat it..!). lots of SALSA though :)

question 1:
    is there anything else you'd recommend i ask them to put in my salad to "beef" it up a little bit (specific veggies maybe?) that won't add a lot of calories?

question 2:
    is there anything else i can munch on BESIDES tortilla chips during the happy-hour phase? im only planning on 2 drinks plus my chicken salad, and i've allotted the cals for it. but i get munchy with those chips and salsa, and am trying to think if there's something else i can ask for to get that munch without the exponentially increasing calorie count...

thanksssssss! :flowerforyou:
  • kmhagerstrom
    Options
    If they have jicama that's low calorie. Fresh tomato or tomatillo salsa but piled on to 2-3 chips. Raw fish or shrimp cerviche is also very low calorie.

Right now, I'm making myself right a taco salad using a few baked blue chips, 1/2 cup rinsed black beans, low fat Mexican cheese, lots of salsa, tons of chredded romaine and Morning Star meal starter soy based meat. With all the hot spice I add, don't even notice its lower calorie fake meat (with fiber too).
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Kmhaggerstrom. What a delima!! I love :heart: mexican food!! :heart: !!! My favorite is chili relleno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue: !! The best of the best !!!!!!, Altho, .."chili colorodo .. and Flautes ...and chimichangas ....and ...and...and ..." :heart: :heart: It is all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please be sure and let me know of all the good info. that you will receive!!! Thank-you.. Fellow mfp'er. . . :heart: neome90 :heart:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: BUMP !!!!:flowerforyou: