Slimmin' Down in Maine

Options
Hi!

My name is Jessy! I just found My Fitness Pal through a homeschooling blog of all things! I'm a SAHM of 3 wonderful kids who are my inspiration in everything! (And some day soon I hope to be able to keep up with them! :wink: )

We like near mountains and lakes in Maine and LOVE our natural surroundings. We love state parks, long walks in the woods, swimming, and being outside with our CHICKENS. :laugh: It's a quietly busy life!

I'm hoping to lose 139 pounds so that my kids and I can hike some mountains! Wish me luck! :happy:

Replies

• Malloryrae1211
    Malloryrae1211 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you'll love it! I'm from Maine as well, Bangor area. Good luck!!
  • rogerm213
    rogerm213 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good luck from another Mainiac down in the Portland area.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i <3 Acadia Ntnl Park & Cadillac Mountain!! ;) My in-laws live in Waterville. =)
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not too far away here in New Hampshire. You can do it!
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow! :noway: Is there a Maine message board? :laugh: I didn't expect so many of you! How awesome!

And we LOVE Acadia National Park! Right now our favorite walk is around Jordan Pond. We don't get there often though. 4+ hour drive (one way)!
  • mbrewster2010
    Options
    Good Luck Jesse!! I am a mother of 4 girls and trying to do the samething as u. I want to loose 60lbs by June because I have 1 daughter graduating from college, and 1 daughter graduating from high school. I want to get in better shape and live a healthy life. I also have just quit smoking cigerattes after 6yrs. Wish me luck in my journey:):) Mendy
  • JessyLovesJCS
    Options
    We're actually pretty close to the NH border! White Mountains! LOVE that area! Beautiful!:bigsmile:

All the best, Mendy! It's not easy, is it? I'm hoping this will help me keep on track...although I should probably go get some new scales. (Current weight from the doctor's office.) I LOVE my scales though! I'm 75 pounds lighter! :wink:
  • Emalyn
    Options
    Awesome, I'm from Maine too! Trying to lose 35-40 pounds. :) I was homeschooled, actually! That's so funny that you found MFP through a homeschooling site. I live in Southern Maine in the valley...surrounded by woods and bears and deer and raccoons and coyotes and moose. :P I absolutely adore it here. I love Acadia as well, I go up there a lot (about 3 hours away) because I have relatives that live about 5 minutes from the park!

We would love to have chickens at our house, but with all the coyotes and foxes it's pretty much impossible. :(
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wow- well not from Maine, Maryland, but I did homeschool two through to college and am on my last one!! I love this site and find people to be so encouraging here. Good luck with that goal- it's an awesome one. Feel free to add this MD' er to your list :)
  • Love2Run330
    Love2Run330 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and love, love, love running the Cove in Portland. If you don't already, give it a try. It's a runners dream!
  • Love2Run330
    Options
    P.S. My photo is a picture of the sunset at the Cove! : )
  • Love2Run330
    Options
    Good Luck Jessy!! I'm new here, too. The community appears to be very supportive and upbeat. You'll do great! Take one day at a time and the rest will follow. : )
  • rogerm213
    rogerm213 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and love, love, love running the Cove in Portland. If you don't already, give it a try. It's a runners dream!

I am sure we have passed each other many times on Back Cove. I am usually out there myself 4 or 5 days each week. I love to run there.
  • chloeelebeir
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • JessyLovesJCS
    Options
    We have lots of animals around our house too! We watched a porcupine climb a pine on our property a few days ago! LOL I haven't seen foxes though. A lynx a mile or so away though. Chickens have a completely fenced in area, even the "roof" and it's near the ROAD rather than the woods.

Me?! Run?! :laugh:

Now my son who's 6 LOVES to run! He went to track camp in July and on his 2nd day ran a 12 minute mile on a 95 degree day. I might WALK it in 25 minutes! :wink: He want to join Track and Field in the spring.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I tracked my first day, eating as I usually do. Not quite as bad as I thought - 220 calories over and some number of carbs. And didn't exercise (unless you count vacuuming, cleaning out the van, sweeping, folding laundry...)
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but i thought i'd jump in to say I am in Maine too!

Central Maine for me, in the woods for sure :)
  • longleggedgiraffe
    Options
    I live in Newport where are you from?
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Maine here as well - lots of Mainers!!