I need some encouragement and advice!

Options
I am so conflicted. I workout hard almost everyday of the week. I always eat a little over 1200 calories minimum, my max is 1400. I eat more because I exercise 800-1000 calories a day. My problem is that I know I need to eat atleast some of my exercise calories back but it is difficult for me to get into that mindset. For instance today, I worked out and burned 900 calories but I feel stressed out because I need to eat atleast 1300-1400 calories (IF NOT MORE). I know that is only 100-200 calories of my exercise calories that I am eating back and I probably should be eating a little more of it back, but I still feel like it will make me fat. Ugggh I need some encouragement friends. I am so bleh about the stress I am feeling cuz of it... How do you all get passed the mindset of "I am trying to lose weight, and when I exercise I don't feel like eating my exercise calories is a good idea. I feel like it is just hindering the weight loss process" Does anyone have any ideas how to get passed this mindset?

Replies

• mbrewster2010
    Options
    I stay focus on being healthy and staying positive. Look at it as a lifestyle of eating within your calories and exercising like u r doing. I eat the 3 meals a day and 3 snacks a day, every 2-3 hrs and it's working for me. I go to the gym and work out an hr a day. Again stay positive and motivated and u will see the results.:):)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The only way to get past this mindset is to simply do it. If you don't eat, your body may hold on to the fat you're trying to lose anyway to protect itself. In addition, you don't want to get to the point where you're burning muscle instead of fat, because that could happen as well. I'm quite a big guy, and I'm still on a weight loss progression because of the workout calories I consume. Certainly you don't have to consume them all, but try to get at least 50 - 75%% of them in. That's my completely unscientific opinion. Good luck!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Well, I cant see your diary, so any suggestions from that I can't assist with.

Let me say this much without that information....stop stressing. That's a killer on your body no matter what. Additionally, it's not a matter of getting past "I am trying to lose weight, and when I exercise I don't feel like eating my exercise calories is a good idea. I feel like it is just hindering the weight loss process"....it's recognition that your body needs fuel to burn...Try This...take 2 weeks, increase your intake, exercise as you do...let the pudding talk. Heck, take a week...but two will give you more of a basis.
  • jlanz10
    jlanz10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The program works, so you can trust it...If you have a huge calorie deficit every day from not eating some exercise calories back, your metabolism may actually slow down a little...Try it for 2 weeks...If you dont like the results, go back to your old style...Personally, after days in which I feel like Ive eaten alot, I almost always weigh less...It seems crazy, but...
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You have to think like this..like a car for instance...if you have little fuel in your vehicle..are you going to be able to drive far? Just like a car..you need fuel to go the extra distance if you want to get somewhere...and therefore you need fuel for movement in your body..the more fuel you burn the more fuel you will need..as it is..while you sleep you are burning calories..so you need to fuel up during the day... hope this helps!
  • janette130
    janette130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am also scared of eating my exercise calories. I am on a 1250 diet. Most days I stick to the 1250, but a couple/three days a week my body tells me that I'm hungry and I eat a couple hundred of those exercise calories. Your body will let you know, if you listen. With me, it took my body a couple of months to get "in the groove". Also try to concentrate on how you feel - are you losing inches?
    The scale is only a fraction of how we should base our weight loss.

Maybe you should stop weighing for a while. I'm doing this now and I'm much less stressed. I"m definitely losing inches as I can fit into pants I couldn't even get buttoned.
    Good luck to you.