100,000 steps in a day

Options
I walked 100,000 steps in a day on 30th September. I did this in memory of my little brother who I lost to pancreatic cancer this summer, and to mark the 1st anniversary since losing my mum last year.

The first half of the walk was fantastic, plenty of energy and some great surroundings and views. The last 30,000 steps were done with aches and blisters and surrounded by bricks and not countryside. Without my motivation for doing it, I might have stopped at around 75,000 but there was no way I was going to give up. I also raised money for "Pancreatic Cancer UK" as I set up a just giving page for my challenge!

If anyone that reads this post looks up the symptoms of pancreatic cancer, I will have achieved even more. It strikes so silently and so fast. In our case, a month was all we had.

7zlg0vwpt9gp.jpg

Replies

• willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WOW. I initially thought the 100,000 in the subject was a typo. So, I followed through to read this post. Amazing. I am happy to see what you did for your departed brother. I hope this awareness can help others.
  • jmulgrew1
    jmulgrew1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I looked up the symptoms. Thank you for that. I am sorry for your lost but am inspired by your walk. How long did it take?
  • prosearose
    prosearose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What an incredible achievement! I'm so sorry for the loss you have suffered, but you have shown them very dear respect and amazing love. I'm sure you have inspired a lot of people in a lot of ways and I'm one of them. Thank you for the love you have shown your family.
  • Zircon3349
    Zircon3349 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You just made my day! What an inspiring story. I am truly humbled by your determination to complete your journey. Keep the faith!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Inspiring story! I'm willing to bet that calorie count is pretty low, though. And now I'm wondering how many steps Forest Gump did on his running streak :p
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I love this, what an incredible feat. If it's not against the rules, could you post the donation link?
    xxronexx wrote: »

If anyone that reads this post looks up the symptoms of pancreatic cancer, I will have achieved even more. It strikes so silently and so fast. In our case, a month was all we had.

7zlg0vwpt9gp.jpg

I looked it up. :)
    I'm so sorry for your loss, no time to comprehend it i'm sure. I lost a friend to cancer this year, there's no words sometimes. x
  • VRTC1960
    VRTC1960 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, I struggle with 10,000 per day - but then I know I have to do it all again tomorrow...

I lost my aunt to pancreatic cancer about 12 years ago, she also was gone within a month of diagnosis. The saddest part for my mom is that both she and her little sister were nurses and KNEW the subtle symptoms that shouldn't be ignored.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!