Hello!

Jared62170
Jared62170 Posts: 21 Member
edited October 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Guillaume, 34yr old and I'm from north of France.
I came here because the French part of the forum is not as active as the English one.

My goal is to loose 35lb, I'm currently 216 lb (for 5'11). I've been using the app for long time but my weight is still doing the rollercoaster. I manage to follow the app, loose weight, feels hunger, completely loose control and gain weight again and repeat.

I recenlty discovered the forum existence and I found an interesting post about calories provided by the application are underestimated. So it explained a part of the hunger feeling. I search a little, calculate again my TDEE and BMR, met a dietician and I'm back to loose this weight definitely. I'm motivated to start again and avoiding the past mistakes.

I've set a 300kcal deficit (2400kcal) to start and started weighting everything I'm eating. The plan is to loose approximately 1lb per week. As you can see, the tendency curve over the years is going the wrong way :mrgreen:
7mvx700h1xg2.png

I've started to calculate everything since last week and I will have a lot of metrics to share later. I hope I can also share my knowlegde and give some motivation and advise to other members.

Let's start this new journey :smiley:

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,504 Member
    Jared62170 wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Guillaume...Let's start this new journey :smiley:

You are a wealth of information. I am glad you are here. Your English is 100% better than my French. You will do very well here.

--Chris
  • Jared62170

You are a wealth of information. I am glad you are here. Your English is 100% better than my French. You will do very well here.

--Chris

Hello Chris, thanks for the welcome.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,504 Member

--Chris

Hello Chris, thanks for the welcome.

Sure,

Tell us more, what are you hoping to do here on MFP? Will you support others on the site, or mostly doing you own thing? Either way, good luck.
  • Jared62170
    Sure,

Tell us more, what are you hoping to do here on MFP? Will you support others on the site, or mostly doing you own thing? Either way, good luck.

My goal is to do both, share my personal results, exchange with others in case of questions and help others within my knowledge.