What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Sunny and near record warmth this afternoon. 84 degrees at the start of our ride. Three of us went 21 miles at a 17mph pace. The foliage is starting to really change. Hoping for a few more rides before the leaves are down.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    More rowing in bow of the double, maybe 1k farther than usual. Lovely day, flat water, and colors starting to change here, too.
  • kbrown1527
    kbrown1527 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I’m currently doing a Beachbody program called Liift More— it’s a combination of weight training and hiit exercises. I do that 5x a week and run anywhere between 3-7mi a day depending on the weather and how much time I have. Yesterday was back/triceps/hiit and today is glutes/hamstrings and then walking a 5.5mi loop with my kids this evening.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x12
    Machine Fly 3x12
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 4x12
    Machine Curl <superset> Machine Pushdown 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec
  • quinsea
    quinsea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today was leg day! I use the Alive by Whitney program and it’s amazing

Front barbel squats
    B stance hip thrusts
    Bulgarian split squats
    RDLs superset with sumo squat
    Finished with squat to back lunges
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Strength day yesterday. 45 minutes of full body work with trainer in am, then yoga practice at night.
  • xmzqgmq2xh
    xmzqgmq2xh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My workout today was 45 minutes on treadmill
    Another 45 minutes working on my chest and back
  • laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today I was pushed for time due to work, so yesterday all I could manage was a pilates bar workout and today I did a core/glute pilates workout. Been getting my steps in as much as possible too.

Was meant to work tomorrow but it's been cancelled so will take the opportunity to get to the gym.
  • AnnPT77
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Still rowingRowingRowing, bow of the double, pretty easy pace since we were trying to keep an eye on the single that was out with us.

Water and air are getting cooler, plus there was a light but sharp breeze first thing. The rower platitude for racing singles is "it's not IF you flip, it's WHEN you flip". Cold is dangerous, and in the double we can help single rowers if they do so. (Racing singles are about 12" (30.5cm) wide at the waterline, 26 feet (8m) long . . . tippy. :D

It was a beautiful morning, though cool, and the row felt especially relaxed (good) and smooth for some reason today. In rowing, it's important to relax all the parts that aren't contributing to the work, so this was good.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Took a spin class this morning, the first one I've done in over a year. It kicked my butt. I needed that.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Full body workout in the gym this morning, my usual split of 4 lower body/4 core/4 arm exercises. All the machines had been moved around in the gym so I was very confused for a while!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Monday
    Climbing. A training session. I was terrible, but the session was fun

Wednesday
    A new yoga place has opened near me, so I did an hour.

Thursday
    Climbing. It was fun; I was in form. I got a load of new projects. I also got a 6b+ graded one, which is quite rare for me at this gym. It was an utterly terrifying slab.

Saturday
    Climbing. Another very good session, with a mixture of successes on scary slab an thought overhangs. Some of them were grade v4, but I think they were easier than that.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Sunday is meant to be horse riding day but pony is still a bit lame so we did 40 minutes of long lining instead. Then I went to the gym, warmed up with elliptical and then did a combo of machines and weights. Tried to focus more on core and arms today as will be cycling partway to work the next two days so thought I'd give lower body a rest.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Cycled partway to and from work today approx 10k total.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    More rowing, bow of the quad for me, sharp breeze and temps in the 40F (maybe 5-6C). Kept the pace moderate, newer rower in the boat still learning some basic technique. We did some technical drills for things that were needing it.

I was in a quad rowing shell on Saturday, but as a coxswain for the club's Fall color row. The only workout was lungs/vocal cords, because we don't have a cox box (amplification system for coxswain's calls). Gotta yell, sitting at one end of a 44-foot (13.4m) boat, so all 4 rowers can hear. (No, we don't say "stroke, stroke, stroke' :D . Like not ever.)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical, one hour, hills - 812 calories

Lifting:
    Bench Press 5x5 (Last set 10 reps)
    Cable Row 5x5

Left elbow's sore, and my schedule is still wonky, but should return to normal in just a couple weeks. So I'm laying off lifting for a couple weeks, only getting a bare minimum amount to maintain where I'm at.