MOTIVATION & ACCOUNTABILITY

Options

Replies

• desertbloom415
    desertbloom415 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    PoppDillon wrote: »
    Monday weigh in - welcome to daylight savings time! I lost an hour!

Starting weight: 215lb
    Current weight: 208lb
    Short term goal: 200lb
    Goal weight: 175lb

2lb weight loss this week - slow and steady wins the race etc!

Great job - that's really impressive!!
  • 23Bougie
    23Bougie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m still here! Just had company for a few days after a week long trip out of town! Keep rocking it! 🫶🏼
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    I’m having a good week so far. Last couple of weeks I’ve been working on giving up chocolate, which is going really well. Had some white cake with white frosting for a friend’s 80th birthday and it was disgustingly sweet, so I only had a little, threw rest out.
    I also had over 70,000 steps last week. Trying to get at least 10,000 most days.
    Also, this week I’m trying to not eat after 8 pm and have managed that for 2 days in a row.

Your amazing 10k/day track record motivated me to update my smartwatch and link my phone apps so I can track my steps too. I love seeing the steps accumulate on my watch and then feel such satisfaction inputting them on this site. Funny how we're all different at what kind of stuff motivates us; I love that. I've been completely sedentary for rso long that just logging my walks the past 3 days in a row really inspires me. I didn't know that would reflect in my calorie totals on teh food diary here so it's great to see it there everyday since that's the page I usually have up and running constantly. Hopefully it reflects on weigh in day this Friday.
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good day! 😊♥️
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    23Bougie wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a good day! 😊♥️

Thanks and same to you! I had such a good day and think it's because I'm getting a lot out of this thread. I finally put a big dent in emptying my storage space which involves a lot of moving and cleaning so I've gotten a ton of exercise. It feels really good to get it done so thank you all so much. :)
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    Lost another pound so that's a total of 8 lbs lost since finding this group about a month and a half ago. It's kinda dwindling so I'm bummed bc it's been so much help to me. Any recs for other motivation and accountability resources?
  • lorihughett1
    lorihughett1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone . I live in Chicago and just getting started : any feedback on the absolute , easiest tool to track your steps ? Thank you . and is intermittent fasting working better for any one that has tried all other traditional methods of dieting? Txs again !
  • PoppDillon
    PoppDillon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 209lb
    So I put on 1lb - I knew that Monday weigh in was always going to be risky and I can rationalise with the beautiful Greek lunch yesterday but still a little flat.
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    As the person who started this thread I do feel badly that I have not been more successful in staying on track myself! I get so much from seeing others successes and want to keep trying! I hope others will keep chiming in and I will start back this Friday with my weekly weigh ins. Stay strong everyone!
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    Saw this quote: “ Instead of thinking that you’ve blown the day and you’ll get back on track tomorrow, try thinking of a day in quarters. You may have wasted the morning and mid day, But the afternoon and evening offer plenty of potential time for you to get back on track. Fail small, not big.
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    Hi everyone . I live in Chicago and just getting started : any feedback on the absolute , easiest tool to track your steps ? Thank you . and is intermittent fasting working better for any one that has tried all other traditional methods of dieting? Txs again !

Welcome! I'd love to know the easiest steps tracker out there too so if anyone has advice please let us know. I've been doing intermittent fasting since I joined this group and started checking out the community side of MFP. I've lost 8 lbs in about 6 weeks so yes, I think I've had success.
  • desertbloom415
    Options

Also, I LOVE Chicago! Can't wait to visit again.
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    PoppDillon wrote: »
    Current weight: 209lb
    So I put on 1lb - I knew that Monday weigh in was always going to be risky and I can rationalise with the beautiful Greek lunch yesterday but still a little flat.

I had a similar experience - gained a 2 lbs in 2 days but I'm attributing that to weighing in too soon. I've been exercising a lot and staying below 1200 calories so I'm sure that'll be reflected soon when I weigh in again on Friday. I do know I need to work in more fiber so I bought a bunch of broccoli. Luckily I love it so, my fave vegetable.
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    ginadacat wrote: »
    Just checking in here. My starting weight on August 18th was 208 pounds. As of this past Friday I’m at 188.6 pounds. My deficit is at 1400 calories, but most days I’m no where near that. I can usually get in around 1100 calories if I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, but most days I don’t eat breakfast. I’m a picky eater so I think that’s why I have trouble getting enough calories in. I feel like I eat enough food to where I’m full after each meal.

This week I’m trying to walk at least 2 miles a day on my treadmill at 3.0mph. I walked 1.5 miles this afternoon and going to walk at least another mile here before long.

Congratulations on hitting the 20 lb loss - that's amazing! I've been hitting below my 1200 calorie limit too and not feeling hungry or like I don't have enough energy. I've been exercising a lot since last week too so I think I'm getting stronger too.
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    23Bougie wrote: »
    As the person who started this thread I do feel badly that I have not been more successful in staying on track myself! I get so much from seeing others successes and want to keep trying! I hope others will keep chiming in and I will start back this Friday with my weekly weigh ins. Stay strong everyone!

I love this group you started! It's small enough so I remember members and big enough that I get good advice, tips and encouragement from a lot of different people. I also discovered the "quote" button below comments which makes it super easy to respond to people. Thanks again for starting this thread. :)
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    ginadacat wrote: »
    Just checking in here. My starting weight on August 18th was 208 pounds. As of this past Friday I’m at 188.6 pounds. My deficit is at 1400 calories, but most days I’m no where near that. I can usually get in around 1100 calories if I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, but most days I don’t eat breakfast. I’m a picky eater so I think that’s why I have trouble getting enough calories in. I feel like I eat enough food to where I’m full after each meal.

This week I’m trying to walk at least 2 miles a day on my treadmill at 3.0mph. I walked 1.5 miles this afternoon and going to walk at least another mile here before long.

Way to go on your weight loss and walking! I try to double my protein when I can which I find helps get in the calories. (I tend to lose with highly protein!
  • 23Bougie
    Options

I find my Apple Watch to be the easiest!
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    Is anyone interested in being a daily accountability partner (even outside of this app?)