my accountability thread Day one

Options

Replies

• Marla86336
    Marla86336 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good morning my slimming friends!
    Weigh in Wednesday for me: down 3#. Just a couple more pounds to my goal weight. Then on to the challenge of maintenance. I believe intermittant fasting, counting calories, walking and trampoline workouts have been my secret weapons. I feel so good. I think I'm dealing with a some body dysmorphia. When I look in the mirror, I still look fat! But I know by looking at my stats: BMI, weight charts etc. that I am no longer fat! Hopefully, everything will eventually come together.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! Just checking in. @greg...you crack me up as I am the same way ...sometimes eating like it is my last meal! You did it and did not gain weight! You got a lucky break there! I feel as if I need to treat myself sometimes but sometimes like you I go hog wild! I will be going to Smokey Mountains next week. Hope to do lots of hiking! Take care you all and have a wonderful weekend. You got this!
  • MamaBear5445
    MamaBear5445 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just checking in too, I have been exercising nearly every day, it's officially part of my daily routine.
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Even though I haven't been posting on MFP in a few weeks this thread is always in the back of my mind.
    It helps to know that other people have the same issues as I have. Like thinking I could make Christmas cookies and freeze them and not get into them! Hubby and I ran a 10k race yesterday and did really good but then he wanted me to make a recipe he saw for Apple Pie Monkey Bread. I ate way too much. If insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results then I'm insane, thinking I could just have one or maybe two pieces! Crazy how we just don't stop eating when we know we should.
    Since I've been increasing my running, I've been on maintenance calories and so far, I'm doing ok. My weight was so very high today because I had Monkey Bread for dinner, but I know it will work its way back down as I do not want to eat anything but vegies and protein today.
    I hope Everyone has a Marvelous Day!
  • Sdun1112002
    Sdun1112002 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    TxTiffani wrote: »
    I, too, have relapsed many times. I’ve successfully lost 20-30lbs 3 different times and have managed to gain it back with a little interest each time😬 I am determined to lose it and learn to maintain the loss!

If you bank a little extra calories during the week you might see that being a little freer on the weekend doesn’t effect your weekly caloric average too much. Do you ever look at the weekly caloric average?

I usually have a more difficult time on the weekend because of the lack of structure and my family distracting me! Lol this weekend so far I have only had one cheat meal. I’m hoping to see a good result this Monday. Exercise has been lacking this weekend.
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I weigh in everyday but my "official" weigh in is Friday. So, Friday is usually mine and hubby's cheat day.
    BUT I still have to be careful to calculate the calories because I can easily ruin a whole week of low calorie eating in one day. It is so helpful to know we are not in this struggle alone. I am grateful that I have time and truly enjoy exercising, running mostly!
    Have a Great Day!
  • Marla86336
    Options
    Good morning! Weigh-in Wednesday: No change. That's ok since I've been increasing my calories as I get closer to maintenance. I look forward to checking in every Wednesday. I won't be checking in next week as I will be travelling. However, I will be back the following week.
    I hope everyone is doing well and experiencing improved health as the pounds get eliminated.
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good Friday Morning!
    What does everyone have planned for the weekend? Today was weigh in and although I gained, I was ready for it because I ate a whole bag of popcorn last night. It is something I have been wanting and it was worth it. I'm running one of my favorite 5k races tomorrow so I will allow myself extra carbs and calories today. I've been listening to a book on tape, Outlive, that Sarah recommended. So far it has some good points, mainly be proactive like we are all doing, by just being here. Don't wait until you have a disease. I have had high cholesterol since they started checking it and am now questioning if I should take statins. If anyone has info on the subject, please share your source. My blood pressure and blood sugar are excellent. The 4th chronic disease they talk about is dementia.
    Have a Nice Weekend!
  • MamaBear5445
    Options
    Well done everyone, I love this thread for some accountability.

Stepped on the scale this morning, was 149.0, haven't been this for years. I am very happy with my progress of slowly changing my lifestyle for the healthier.
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hi All! Checking in and glad to hear you are all doing well. @MamaBear...great job! Slow and steady wins the race! @ Beverly....oh i so hear what you mean about the monkey bread and popcorn. I was away for a few days this week camping and did not eat healthy at all. We did hiking and i was feeling so tired and lethargic. Beverly...I hear what you mean about insanity is doing the same thing over and over. It is so hard with food. Well I am back to eating healthy again. We are remodeling our kitchen and it so HARD to eat healthy. I have no sink, stove top or oven. I have two more weeks for it to be complete and I am going to really enjoy getting back to cooking. I never realized how much I missed it. I know it will be worth the wait. I don't have a whole lot going on this weekend which is nice. It is going to be so beautiful here so yard work and am doing some volunteer work as well. Beverly good luck on your 5K...Oh boy do I miss running.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Joining to keep myself accountable - trying to get back in some kind of groove. 62 yo f trying to regain some health.
  • SweetHeart299
    SweetHeart299 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday morning everyone! I see by the thread everyone is persevering and doing well. It has been a while since connecting with this group, but the surgery threw me off course. I am now back into the groove….tracking my calories, trying to exercise everyday (walking or doing easy exercises on the bed or sitting) I weighed in again this morning and it is the 2nd week in a row that I have had a loss..

Welcome Cory, this is a great group. Way to go Mama Bear; hope you did well in your run Beverly; Sarah redoing a kitchen is stressful but hopefully it will not cause you to stress eat…I can
    relate; I think it is wonderful Marla that you are close to your goal and thinking about maintaining.

The journey is not an easy road but it is good that we are not alone travelling it🤗
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Mama Bear! Oh Wow, doesn't it feel so good. Congratulations on your commitment.
    Cory, Welcome! I haven't been consistent in posting to this group, but it is always in the back
    of my mind and that helps when I want to grab a "bad" snack!
    Sweetheart, Yes, I love that we are not alone. It helps me get off my pity pot!!!
    Sarah, oh my, your kitchen. That sounds like a mess, well mine was about 6 years ago, but yes it was worth it in the end. I grill outside a lot, hubby doesn't bc I enjoy being outside so much. Once when our electric went out I even put some bisquick biscuits in foil and baked them on the grill. They ended up being pretty good.
    I am maintaining my weight, although it is a little higher than I had hoped it would be. We ran a 10k race one Saturday and then a 5k race the following Saturday. I came in 2nd in my age group in the 10k and first in the 5k (only bc that one fast runner didn't run!!!) Anyway, I know I will eat a lot of calories before a race and then after I don't plan to eat a lot but I usually feel like I earned it!!!

Day by day, what you think and what you do is who you become. #EliudKipchoge.
  • MamaBear5445
    Options
    Well done @BeverlyW1108 ! That is amazing. I've been jogging a few times a week with my elementary schooler for cross Country training (1.5km...), and I am looking forward to hopefully attain being able to run 5km! You are inspiring!
  • Marla86336
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Missed checking in last week because we were driving xcountry. We packed our food in a cooler so we weren't tempted to eat in a restaurant in order to avoid people and eat healthy.
    Today was weigh-in Wednesday and I was down 1.5#. Only 2.3# left to reach my goal weight. Maybe I'll be there by the end of the month?
    I've read through all the comments that I missed. I'd say we are all doing well.
    I appreciate this little group of 'losers'. I think of you often during the week.
    Until next week...or sooner.
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hi All! I have been MIA recently. So sorry..but still on my journey and have my ups and downs. Mostly ups thank goodness.
    @Marla....great job on being down 1.5....those last few pounds are the very hardest. I have been trying to lost these lasts 5 pounds for months now. I am really hoping to get them down by Christmas because that is how I gained them last time! Oh well....it's all good.
    We are getting our kitchen remodeled and I have all new appliances and I am so excited to cook GOOD food. We have not really been able to cook for several weeks and its been hard.
    Hoping you are all doing well. Have a great Saturday!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good Morning! It's a New Week and I plan on making the most of it! We went out of town this weekend and I ate way too many calories. I'm ready to get back to eating low cal and not feeling sluggish. I'm trying crocheting to help keep my thoughts away from the kitchen. So far, it's not helping!!!
    It's good hearing from all of you, Sarah, Marla, Mama Bear and Sweatheart.
    Going for a run this morning, weather should be nice!
    Have a Nice Day!
  • MamaBear5445
    Options
    Nice to hear from you all, keep up the accountability!

I have been doing less home workouts than I would like, just because I've been too busy. I've upped my calories to maintain current weight for a while. Hopefully this upcoming week I can get back to having a few more minutes in the day to do some workouts at home!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Hello Friends!
    Tuesday is looking good! I have my meals planned today and since I'm not running tomorrow, I can have a salad for lunch! If I'm running the next day it seems to be too much fiber(tmi). I'm looking forward to a salad!
    I hope you all stay healthy and happy today.

Remember: Discipline is Self Love
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Hump Day! The weekend is coming and I'm going to stay on track during the week and weekend!
    Today is my birthday so instead of cake hubby is going to buy me a sweater to wear on Thanksgiving!

Today: Stay Focused