30 Day Shred.

Options
Hey all,

I was considering trying the 30 day shred but I just watched a clip and I don't think I could do it with all of my ailments. I have a bad neck that is sensitive to any kind of strain, basically I get headaches and ringing in my ears almost instantly. I sprained it when I was 5 so ever since then it's been an annoyance. I also have carpal tunnel in both wrists, when I even attempt a push up I'd say the pain is a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. My knees ache but they usually aren't too bad unless I really beat them up.

Should I not even bother with the 30DS?

Replies

• jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I suggest you consult with your doctor as their advice would be the best.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i have really severe neck pain as well it does suck with that (have you ever gone to a chiropractor?) as for the wrists if you really want to do it would wall push ups be easier for you?
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    to be blunt (not mean) just do it i have a bad knee and i am darn right fat and i can do it.... stop the excuses and just do it u can do what u put ur mind to. :flowerforyou: just blunt not tryin to be rude....
  • hopebuck
    Options
    I say don't bother.... it's not worth an injury or pain of any kind. There are lots of other things you can do, but i'd worry about getting hurt with 30DS. Good luck!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser has other Low Impact workouts. Easier on injuries and not as strenuous as the Shred
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Train, don't strain. There are tons of exercises that are just as good for you but won't aggravate injuries. The point of exercise is to feel better and get healthy, not cause pain and injury.
  • Missfitjeb
    Options
    I just can't see doing something that I'm not going to enjoy at all because everything hurts. It's disheartening to be 24 and have these kinds of problems that could potentially prevent me from doing things I'd really like to try. Wall push ups might be easier since the pressure on my wrists would be less. Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts everyone.