Starting all over again

Hi, I have been off and on this rollercoaster with this app and Sparkpeople at one time. I am wanting to start all over again because I am now at my heaviest weight I have ever been. I am also tired all the time and it seems like all I do is work and sleep. When I try to walk I get winded fast and have pain down my lower back and leg (sciatica I think). I am just wanting to get in shape and lose weight and feel good again. I am 53 and a single mom of an adult child that recently graduated college and is on her own now. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• UpbeatRadish
    UpbeatRadish Posts: 4 Member
    I was on Sparkpeople years ago too. I recently quit OA, and stopped logging on CarbManager, and just a few days ago started MFP. In my fifties, I started getting more conscious of my physical fitness, and mental health, which goes along with it, Now I'm 65. Arthritis is still a problem, but I'm hoping to lose a little more weight and combat it with exercises. It does work, all these solutions. I do about 4000 steps a day. Congratulations on your daughter. We don't have children, just guinea pigs. I lost 20 pounds last year. Still getting over trauma from narcissistic abuse from my family. My husband has PTSD.
  • flemingmv
    flemingmv Posts: 2 Member
    I am trying to get into a daily schedule and get multiple TO DO items set up and work on. My boyfriend lives 8 hours away so winter is usually a no see time, because of weather and work. Thank you, I have 5 cats but used to have guinea pigs when I was grad school, they are cute. I too am becoming more conscious of my physical health lately, my boyfriend is quite a bit younger so our trips involve walking a lot of times. I noticed I am winded, get sore and have to stop more often, so I really want to be able to hike again and be active. Good luck on your journey as well!
  • jullie57
    jullie57 Posts: 7 Member
    I just received an 8 year MFP award, which means that I I have been yo yo dieting for 8 years!. Last year I was put on Prednisone for an autoimmune disorder. Before treatment I got to experience what it was like to be arthritic and have difficulty moving. I know that aging well is up to me.I was very careful until I decided to do Noom. I gained 12 lbs in 10 days on 1400 calories a day. I have a small frame.
    I have decided that the word diet is not something that I say to myself. I need to change my life . I decided to do low carb in April. I lost 30 pounds since.
    I am feeling a bit discouraged because I have hit a plateau for the last month. The reality is that this is going to be my way of life. As a nurse I cared for people who's weight ruled them. I am discouraged about the plateau but I am in a healthy BMI now.
    I am 65. I deserve to live my best life. I just looked back at what I wrote and realized that although I am doing low carb it is still higher carb than when I was losing weight. I am ok. I am eneough. I am doing this for me. I deserve to be able to hike with my dog.
    I hope you know that you deserve yo be cared for too. Be gentle with yourself.