Do you sleep with one pillow or multiple pillows?

Options

Do you sleep with one pillow or multiple pillows? 26 votes

One!
42% 11 votes
Multiple!!
57% 15 votes

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Total Princess and the Pea here. Stoopit dear European down that MUST be properly fluffed and placed IN ORDER amongst lesser down.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Five!

1. Head
    2. knees
    3. Keep Kindle from falling off left side of the bed
    4. Keep Kindle from falling off right side of the bed
    5. Small pillow to prop Kindle up

I sleep on my side, but if I want the cat on my lap or to use the heating pad on my back, I start off on my back. In that case, I have a massage knee thingy topped by a pillow under my knees.

I thought about spending the night elsewhere last weekend but given I'd need one whole suitcase just for my pillows, I decided to commute. :lol:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    There are 6 in the bed. There's a reading wedge and a memory foam half bolster (i.e., semi-circular cross-section) on one side of the bed for sitting up sometimes. The other 4 are one regular fiber-stuffed pillow for under or between my knees, and the other 3 I alternate under my head/neck occasionally (usually just one per night, but sometimes more). For a while it seems like one is best, but then my neck starts getting stiff and I feel better if I switch. Those are a small memory foam bolster, a regular feather pillow (not very thick), and one of those U-shaped travel pillows that's fiber-stuffed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    And it has to be pretty flat. If a pillow is too fluffy, it hurts my next the next morning.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah... I totally forgot about the knee pillow. That's the only one allowed to be foam.
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have one pillow. I recently changed to a special type of pillow since my neck goes out of alignment pretty easily. Love it.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    Two times 2 because I have a wide bed. I preferably need pillows that are oddly specific 80x40cm. The lower one is a bit harder for neck support, the upper one more fluffy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    There are 6 in the bed. There's a reading wedge and a memory foam half bolster (i.e., semi-circular cross-section) on one side of the bed for sitting up sometimes. The other 4 are one regular fiber-stuffed pillow for under or between my knees, and the other 3 I alternate under my head/neck occasionally (usually just one per night, but sometimes more). For a while it seems like one is best, but then my neck starts getting stiff and I feel better if I switch. Those are a small memory foam bolster, a regular feather pillow (not very thick), and one of those U-shaped travel pillows that's fiber-stuffed.

Oh, I forgot about my own 6th pillow, which is for sitting up occasionally. It lives between the side of the bed and the wall towards the bottom of the bed.

Erm, make that 7(?), because I have a body pillow blocking space between my bed and the wall at the top of the bed.

It really stinks to lose a Kindle over the side of the bed and have to retrieve it to read myself back to sleep!
  • karenmorgan946517
    karenmorgan946517 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    At 5’2” I found half pillows or a toddlers pillow ends neck pain. All those years buying expensive pillows to stop neck pain! When I was a teen I often used a stuffed alligator as a pillow and figured I should try something similar.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Depends on definition of pillow. I use a traditional pillow to raise my head, and have a wedge to raise my entire torso by 15 degrees. This has greatly cut down on my snoring, and all but eliminated acid reflux episodes. Not sure if you consider it a pillow or not.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Technically I sleep on multiple pillows, I suppose. I have one memory foam pillow I sleep on and one down pillow with a "cooling" fabric pillow case next to me that I grab if I get hot. I'm pretty religious about sleep hygiene and only use my bed for sleep, so bedding is pretty minimal.