at the risk of getting flamed, pardon the pun...

Options
2Bgoddess
2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
I am curious. Many MFPers still like to enjoy a few (or more than a few) drinks, but those calories add up. Just putting it out there, if it is the buzz you are after, but you don't want the calories, what about another means of "altering your reality"? *cough cough*

A friend of mine, ya that's it, a friend, decided that

1. alcohol is very expensive
2. has a lot of calories
3. very hard on your kidneys
4. hangover!

a certain green alternative, MJ met her criteria.

1. not very expensive (if you don't use it much, you don't need too much)
2. no calories
3. not as hard on your lungs as several cigarettes (which at a party you are probably going to inhale in second hand smoke)
4. no hang over

Now, I know that someone will bring up the subject of the "munchies". But that doesn't happen to everyone. and someone may say "it's addictive". again, that doesn't happen to everyone either. but you can still bring up those points, totally feel free to discuss.
Oh, i went and read all the message board rules and regulations. I don't THINK this post violates them. apologies in advance if it does.

Replies

• LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you on all points :)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am curious. Many MFPers still like to enjoy a few (or more than a few) drinks, but those calories add up. Just putting it out there, if it is the buzz you are after, but you don't want the calories, what about another means of "altering your reality"? *cough cough*

A friend of mine, ya that's it, a friend, decided that

1. alcohol is very expensive
    2. has a lot of calories
    3. very hard on your kidneys
    4. hangover!

a certain green alternative, MJ met her criteria.

1. not very expensive (if you don't use it much, you don't need too much)
    2. no calories
    3. not as hard on your lungs as several cigarettes (which at a party you are probably going to inhale in second hand smoke)
    4. no hang over

Now, I know that someone will bring up the subject of the "munchies". But that doesn't happen to everyone. and someone may say "it's addictive". again, that doesn't happen to everyone either. but you can still bring up those points, totally feel free to discuss.
    Oh, i went and read all the message board rules and regulations. I don't THINK this post violates them. apologies in advance if it does.
    Actually it does violate forum rules...
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    REALLY??? Lets go smoke some crack too! I heard that makes you real skinny!!
  • 2Bgoddess
    Options
    can you tell me which rule? i reread them...
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Weed's legal here in Californication xD Well...medicinally...
  • LizC26
    Options
    Nah..I just read the rules and she's good....It says you can't post something that violates the law...but that means the acutal post itself...Like a threat or something....There's nothing in there about posting about doing something illegal....And it's legal in 16 states... :)
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
  • LizC26
    Options
    http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

^^^^
    16 States you can legally possess and consume....

6 more pending legislation.....
  • 2Bgoddess
    Options

and there's the flames! I get ya. I wasn't suggesting smoking pot in order to get skinny. I was hypothesizing. wondering which was the lesser of the two evils.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I just hate the way it makes me feel. A nice glass of red wine works better for me. Plus have you ever talked to someone that gets high a lot? Painful.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    But seriously..who compares pot to crack? :smokin:
  • runslikeagirl
    Options

and there's the flames! I get ya. I wasn't suggesting smoking pot in order to get skinny. I was hypothesizing. wondering which was the lesser of the two evils.

Why do you want to alter your reality so bad?? I get a runners high after I run. That BURNS calories!!!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    All it does to me is make me cough that is about it. Preferr a drink or a few not because it is legal or better for me but because I do. But heck you bring yours, i will bring mine and that is called a party :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Plus have you ever talked to someone that gets high a lot? Painful.

Not always.
  • runslikeagirl
    Options
    But seriously..who compares pot to crack? :smokin:

I wasn't cormparing the two. I was trying to point out the absurity of this post!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well I don't mean to spoil your fun. . But I don't find encouraging drug use to be appropriate on any sense and certainly not here on MFP! Have a nice night~
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Marijuana smoke is much worse for your lungs than cigarette smoke, from the studies I've read.

Furthermore, marijuana is illegal, whereas alcohol isn't, as long as you're of legal age, which I am. Sooooo....I stick to wine.

The calories suck, though.
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As someone who had smoked for nearly 15 years, and has maintained an athletic body for most of those years, I will say it is probably a viable alternative to drinking. I will also say that the stigma of it robbing your motivation and making you lazy is true as well. If you're a casual user (1-2 times weekly), then really there is no big deal, but if it becomes a daily routine then you may find your progress slipping fast. --

Additionally if you are an avid runner, or athlete, then there is a true tangible negative by product on your cardiovascular even in casual use.

As for the smoking crack comment, well that person is obviously very sheltered and has no relative perception on the topic. I run all the time, and would be happy to hit a track with whomever (now again I don't currently smoke, but did for quite a while)

Final summation: If you are looking for a certain buzz, and it's only casual use as an alternative to going out for multiple beers or drinks, then I say go for what makes you happy.
  • runslikeagirl
    Options
    As someone who has smoked for nearly 15 years, and has maintained an athletic body for most of those years, I will say it's possible. I will also say that the stigma of it robbing your motivation and making you lazy is true as well. If you're a casual user (1-2 times weekly), then really there is no big deal, but if it becomes a daily routine then you may find your progress slipping fast. --

Additionally if you are an avid runner, or athlete, then there is a true tangible negative by product on your cardiovascular even in casual use.

As for the smoking crack comment, well that person is obviously very sheltered and has no relative perception on the topic.

Final summation: for casual use as an alternative to going out for multiple beers or drinks, then I say go for it.

Pipes not papers.

I was joking...
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As for the smoking crack comment, well that person is obviously very sheltered and has no relative perception on the topic.

Final summation: for casual use as an alternative to going out for multiple beers or drinks, then I say go for it.

I was joking...

Sorry, I shouldn't have made that a personal comment towards you. It's just such an outlandish comparasion that I have always thought was narrow minded. Again my apologies, as you were just stating your thoughts on the matter. We're allowed to disagree... heck that's one of the best things about being an American.
This discussion has been closed.