Oral surgery and not enough calories eaten.

Options
Today I went to the dentist and had a tooth removed. The only problem is I'm stuck on an liquid diet that's not allowing me to intake my daily calories. What should I do? Because if I exercise and complete my food diary I'll be eating few calories.

Replies

• lucylou9701
    Options
    smoooooothies!!!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes with fruit blended in :) theyre nice and cold and D'Lish! :tongue:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ yeah. your blender is your friend for the next few days
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Relax and take care of yourself... but don't worry about how many calories you eat or don't eat for a few days. It'll be fine, you won't get malnourished or go into starvation mode in a couple of days. Probably shouldn't do strenuous exercise either, if you just had oral surgery.

When I had gum surgery, the recovery took a long while. I ate soft things like scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes for a couple of weeks, until I could eat regular food again.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    smoothies
    milk
    coffees with sweetener (starbucks-y type drinks)

you may not be at goal of your macronutrients while you heal, but there are lots of options to drink up your calorie goal :)
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oof, liquid diets are the worst! Hopefully this is only for a couple days! In the meantime, concentrate on recovering. I wouldn't worry too much about eating too few calories since this is only temporary :).
  • pudgy0602
    Options
    Sounds good!!!! Never thought about smoothies, its well worth a try! Thanks!!!!!!
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Eat soups, have smoothies.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it unless you're on that liquid diet for like a week or more... then try protein shakes and meal replacements if you're really concerned but a few days won't hurt to be under. It is only bad if you are always under I think.
  • pudgy0602
    Options
    Thanks!!!! Because I was stuck thinking how am I gonna do this. I'm doing so good eating right and exercising, I was in panic mode.