Great American Beer Festival - You going?

Options
infamousmk
infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
Seriously, I'd probably be ripped and at goal weight if it wasn't for my love of beer. Anyway, I'm volunteering during each day, and I hope to try a few things I can't get my hands on in Denver. I'm basically really excited.

If you don't know, GABF is the largest beer festival in the country, held in Denver, Colorado in the fall each year.

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I wish! Sounds awesome!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My husband and I talk about going but we haven't been yet. Denver is a bit of a drive from Southern AZ but I'm sure the festival would be well worth the trip. :)

We are, however, going to the Great Tucson Beer Festival in 2 weeks. We've attended every year since 1998 and we always have a great time.
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to go, maybe next year!!!!!!! Like you I would be ripped and at my goal weight as well if it wasnt for beer! I've cut back a lot, but on the weekends I love to go to the local brweries and have some beer. Totally messes me up! Hope you have a good time out there. BTW i'm jealous haha :drinker:
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    I wish. We always look for local breweries when we are traveling. Found an interesting one in Maine that made blueberry beer!! Surprisingly good.
  • Bullly
    Bullly Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love my beer. Would love to go but it's a bit far
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on going next year, but couldn't get my act together in time to get tickets this year. Have fun and have several beers for me! :)
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When is it? I will be in Denver Oct. 16-19
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    I have a ticket for Saturday, but am not sure if I am going anymore...
  • infamousmk
    Options

Oh no, why not?!
  • infamousmk
    Options
    When is it? I will be in Denver Oct. 16-19

Sept 29-Oct 1. Whatcha coming to Denver for?
  • infamousmk
    Options
    I wish. We always look for local breweries when we are traveling. Found an interesting one in Maine that made blueberry beer!! Surprisingly good.

Oh ... did it have a dog on the label?! I can't remember the name to save my life right now, but I think I've had it and it was awesome.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options

Oh no, why not?!

It's also homecoming weekend at my old college. Can't do both because I have to choice one or the other, still contemplating...It would definitely be better for my diet if I skipped GABF! This will be my 3rd year if I go, always a good time!
  • infamousmk
    Options

Oh no, why not?!

It's also homecoming weekend at my old college. Can't do both because I have to choice one or the other, still contemplating...It would definitely be better for my diet if I skipped GABF! This will be my 3rd year if I go, always a good time!

Dang - that's a tough choice!!!! If you don't end up going, let me know, as I'm sure I know someone that would buy your ticket. BOO.. I want you to go to GABF because it's awesome. LOL.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I will def be there! Saturday afternoon session.

I'm in your boat. If it weren't for my love of beer I would probably be down at my GW. I actually lost about 20 of my 28 lbs during lent when I gave up drinking all alcohol on the weekdays.
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LOL this made me laugh this morning! because we are stationed in Germany and this weekend... OKTOBERFEST! Woot! sorry diet your on hold saturday! i have every intention of drinking up my calories! :)
  • infamousmk
    Options
    OOOhh.. I have a CW in Germany right now - I know she's loving Oktoberfest!

sh0ck - have fun!! I think Sat afternoon will be the session I use my comp ticket for.
  • superflyrbi
    Options

Hosting some training at a local supplier of our products.
    Too bad I'm going to miss it. But I think I'm going to lay off the beer for a few weeks (until Blizzcon) The ungodly amount of beer I drink on the weekends offsets all my good behavior during the week (pretty sad when the top of my most used list-snacks is beer. lol). If it works, I may do it again in Nov & Dec.
  • infamousmk
    Options

Hosting some training at a local supplier of our products.
    Too bad I'm going to miss it. But I think I'm going to lay off the beer for a few weeks (until Blizzcon) The ungodly amount of beer I drink on the weekends offsets all my good behavior during the week (pretty sad when the top of my most used list-snacks is beer. lol). If it works, I may do it again in Nov & Dec.

Maybe I'm a jerk, but I don't think you can come to Denver and NOT drink beer. We're like craft beer mecca. Either way, I wish you luck! You know I'm laying off the stuff soon too.
  • superflyrbi
    Options

Maybe I'm a jerk, but I don't think you can come to Denver and NOT drink beer. We're like craft beer mecca. Either way, I wish you luck! You know I'm laying off the stuff soon too.

Not a jerk at all. It's kind of pissing me off that I decided to do this and the guy that I'll be there with loves beer too. But, I gotta do what I gotta do. I guess it's a "keep your eyes on the goal" kind of thing.
  • infamousmk
    Options

Not a jerk at all. It's kind of pissing me off that I decided to do this and the guy that I'll be there with loves beer too. But, I gotta do what I gotta do. I guess it's a "keep your eyes on the goal" kind of thing.

That's tough!! I hope you can stick to your goals!! If you can't, let me know, because I can recommend some really great locals spots. But, I do hope you can stick with it!