Is it ok to eat chocolate daily if under on calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Totally totally fine! I always make sure i have enough calories each day for a Curly Wurly! It's the only thing that keeps me going :wink:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The secret to getting rid of the weight and keeping it off is very simple - enjoy life!

You'll never lose weight and keep it off is you are miserable and the key I have found is to find foods that you like, acknowledge their caolific value and then eat sensible, balanced amounts. This means you don't get into the nasty cycle of BAD foods and GOOD foods which usually ends up with folk binging on all the foods at the volumes that led them to being overweight in the first place.

Admittedly, I haven't had any chocolate or sweets for 5 weeks because I'm on a pledge, but know that long term I will include them in my life because I'm not going to let them beat me.

You've lost an impressive 13lbs in a few weeks and that's brilliant, so you know what you are doing is right.

ANd even eating chocolate a bedtime isn't wrong becasue your body actually burns lots of calories while you are sleeping :happy:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Don't have that in the uk. Unfortunately I'm not a lover of dark chocolate! Which sucks after reading all this lol x
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    You sponsor the chocolate and I'll sponsor the wine...

On a serious note yes absolutely
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. You can actually eat whatever you want and still lose weight, as long as you maintain caloric deficit. Although you should focus on whole foods, treats aren't going to set you back. I personally i'm partial to ice cream.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    I think the comment that people have made about it being "wrong" is that your body needs good nutrition, and more protein and other nutrients if you are exercising, so if you burn 500-1000 cals, eat your daily allowance of food, andthen those 500-1000 exercise cals each day in cake, chocolate or alcohol, then you're not getting extra nutrients from those calories, instead they are "empty calories". I don't see any harm in a small treat every day, especially since you're eating food cooked from scratch for your meals and not going with pre-processed, as long as you aren't eating 500 cals worth every day!
    This makes a lot of sense. I eat normally 115-125 cals of it a day rest is good nutrition! X
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Always start dinner with a bang!
    ice002large.jpg

Only if it fits your calories......
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    Oh I'm so with you! I have to have some kind of small treat (usually a 100 calorie ice cream bar) at the end of every day. I stay under in my intake goals too.

I think it is wise of you (and me!) to know what you need to do in order to be successful LONG TERM. Because that is what counts in the end right? I say keep on doing what you are doing. You are doing a great job! Congrats on your weight loss so far.
    Except yesterday my one day off in 3 months I haven't binged once! I think having the chocolate is key, I was a big binger before. I was just worried initially that this was wrong too x
  • newzgirl
    Options
    I make homemade trail mix, which includes dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate covered soy nuts. My portions are very small (about 150 calories each) but I have this every day around 2 p.m. My mix includes a number of other yummy ingredients and it is my one treat of the day. I could not live without it!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    I believe if you are burning more than you are consuming, no matter what it is, you can lose weight. I am a chocolate junkie too! I have it every single day, many days, I eat it more than once.
    Well it obviously works coz u look amazing in that dress honey! X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    Totally totally fine! I always make sure i have enough calories each day for a Curly Wurly! It's the only thing that keeps me going :wink:
    Ha ha I love the curly whirlys lol. Zara
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    If you're losing and you're under...I say absolutely. You might try finding a dark chocolate with a lower cocoa content (like around 60-70%). Dark Chocolate and wine are loaded with anti-oxidants. Even if you don't like it all the time, you might try substituting it once or twice a week. Or not....you're losing between 2 and 4 lbs a week...keep doing what's working!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    Always start dinner with a bang!
    ice002large.jpg

Only if it fits your calories......
    Omg the torso and ice cream look freaking gorgeous lol. With a torso like that your opinion is certainly a very good one! Phew! Lol
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    If you're losing and you're under...I say absolutely. You might try finding a dark chocolate with a lower cocoa content (like around 60-70%). Dark Chocolate and wine are loaded with anti-oxidants. Even if you don't like it all the time, you might try substituting it once or twice a week. Or not....you're losing between 2 and 4 lbs a week...keep doing what's working!
    I will defo try that! Thanks!
  • frankie2637
    frankie2637 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If I deprived myself from chocolate totally I would end up binging on it, so if I have calories left I will eat a small kitkat or bag of maltesers. That way I get my chocolate fix and its easier to maintain. I'm still losing weight so for me, its all good. My adivce, go on and treat yourself