13»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Anxiety89 wrote: »
    AnnF99 wrote: »
    Several cups of coffee help me from hunger, and apples are also good at dulling hunger

Thank you!!! I love coffee with cream and sweetener I trying to find a substitute! For cream. I never thought about apples! Thanks!!

Well applause to you for still being here, and coming back to the thread, too!!!

Instead of cream, try fat free half and half, at 20 cal/30gr.

Or go to Amazon and look for a Ninja hand frother.

u4e80aqqixf5.jpeg

A quarter cup of skim milk, pumped vigorously for a few seconds and then microwaved for about 25 seconds, makes 1/2 to 3/4c thick, long-lasting foam. It costs under $20.

Also check out Jordan’s Skinny Syrups. They come in 101 flavors. There’s even a Skinny “Sauce” which is great drizzled on top of the heated foam, or used as a pancake syrup.

Another trick is to brew your coffee with cinnamon. It lends a sweet flavor to your coffee. I’m a huge fan of Frontier Coop Vietnamese Cinnamon. It’s got a lot more flavor than the Ceylon cinnamons.

And finally, just as an aside, are you hydrating? Your brain can mistake dehydration signals as hunger signals. In other words, you’re not hungry, you’re thirsty. Drink a glass of water and water 10-15 minutes to see if the hunger persists. That may be all it takes.
  • springlering62
    Options
    frhaberl wrote: »
    [*] Give your body time to adjust to changes. I can definitely say that tears have been shed on multiple occasions as I anticipated that my current change was not going to be sustainable and I would never lose any weight and would die an early death and not be able to fit in a coffin...... Only to find a week later that I was loving life and losing weight and couldn't imagine undoing that change.

OMG. You win MFP today!!!! 😂😂😂

• Anxiety89
    Anxiety89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AnnF99 wrote: »
    Several cups of coffee help me from hunger, and apples are also good at dulling hunger

Thank you!!! I love coffee with cream and sweetener I trying to find a substitute! For cream. I never thought about apples! Thanks!!

Well applause to you for still being here, and coming back to the thread, too!!!

Instead of cream, try fat free half and half, at 20 cal/30gr.

Or go to Amazon and look for a Ninja hand frother.

u4e80aqqixf5.jpeg

A quarter cup of skim milk, pumped vigorously for a few seconds and then microwaved for about 25 seconds, makes 1/2 to 3/4c thick, long-lasting foam. It costs under $20.

Also check out Jordan’s Skinny Syrups. They come in 101 flavors. There’s even a Skinny “Sauce” which is great drizzled on top of the heated foam, or used as a pancake syrup.

Another trick is to brew your coffee with cinnamon. It lends a sweet flavor to your coffee. I’m a huge fan of Frontier Coop Vietnamese Cinnamon. It’s got a lot more flavor than the Ceylon cinnamons.

And finally, just as an aside, are you hydrating? Your brain can mistake dehydration signals as hunger signals. In other words, you’re not hungry, you’re thirsty. Drink a glass of water and water 10-15 minutes to see if the hunger persists. That may be all it takes.

Oh my gosh thank you! Those are awesome tips. I'll look for those items and try out the suggested coffee!

Unfortunately I am horrible at hydrating. I literally go a couple days and just forget to drink. Its a bad trait but I'm working on it :)

• Anxiety89
    Anxiety89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Two pounds in less than two weeks is more than double your goal, so step back and think about that.

A quick look at your diary shows that most days you are coming in FAR BELOW your goal. That would explain the higher-than-expected weight loss, and it also can explain some of the hunger. It also looks like there's not a lot of vegetables in there. Vegetables are usually low-calorie and higher fiber and can help fill you up. Daily vegetable intake the past week looks like:
    • Five grape tomatoes
    • Five grape tomatoes and some broccoli florets (although it was a nice sized serving of broccoli!)
    • None, unless you count hashbrowns
    • Some bell pepper
    • Some broccoli
    • Bell pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini (this looks a little better, and you were still under your calorie goal)
    • Nothing (but one banana)

If you can find a way to eat more fresh vegetables, you might find they fill you up and help keep your calories down.

Your average calorie intake is 163 calories below your goal. If your goal is set correctly, and I'm not sure if it is, you should try to hit it on average over several days. If you consistently eat less than your goal, it's as if you had a lower goal. It's a tough balance, and it takes a while to dial it in. Keep tracking honestly and accurately, then you can use the results compared to what you expect to revise your goal.

You can do this. Don't be in a rush. Your weight gain didn't happen in a month, and you won't get to your goal quickly and still have a healthy diet.

The main thing is to stick to it, and if you do have a day when things go off the rails, don't let it bother you. Just move on and then keep sticking to it.

Thanks very much. This is amazingly helpful and I appreciate it.

I need to get more veggies and things to eat, I have been eating terrible for so long that I'm now having to buy things I didn't usually buy.

It's funny how ill feed my children healthy balanced meals yet feed myself garbage, haha.

I keep eating under my goal because I fear I'm logging incorrectly or my scale might be so I just eat a little under to make up for any mistakes
  • springlering62
    Options
    …It's funny how ill feed my children healthy balanced meals yet feed myself garbage, haha.

This^^^^^^

At some point we stop valuing ourselves in our anxiety to be the best mom, wife, housekeeper, employee etc.

It wasn’t til I retired and had time heavy on my hands that it occurred to me to make myself my full time job.

I sincerely wish I’d had that epiphany 30+ years ago. It didn’t - and still doesn’t- matter if there were leaves on the carpet, or a dish in the sink.

Although, if I’m honest, now I look at keeping up with stuff like that as a NEAT calorie bonus. 😬
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,912 Member
    Options
    …It's funny how ill feed my children healthy balanced meals yet feed myself garbage, haha.

This^^^^^^

At some point we stop valuing ourselves in our anxiety to be the best mom, wife, housekeeper, employee etc.

There can also be the "I deserve a little treat because . . . " trap, at least there was for me. There wasn't much time/energy for that extra thought process of "mostly, I deserve to eat in a way that makes me feel truly good, not just momentarily gratified". Short term thinking overrode long-term, pretty much.
    It wasn’t til I retired and had time heavy on my hands that it occurred to me to make myself my full time job.

I sincerely wish I’d had that epiphany 30+ years ago. It didn’t - and still doesn’t- matter if there were leaves on the carpet, or a dish in the sink.

Although, if I’m honest, now I look at keeping up with stuff like that as a NEAT calorie bonus. 😬

@Anxiety89, for what it's worth, I love that coffee milk-frother device, too: Simple luxury.

Others have given great advice.

I'll sort of summarize/add by saying that if you do focus a little more on adding veggies/fruits, feeding yourself more of those and the kinds of healthy foods your prioritize for your children, you may also find that eating that way helps you feel more full, more often.

Though I don't think any food that contributes something to nutrition is actually "garbage", it's true that quite a few people find that so-called whole foods are more filling than more highly-processed ones. As a bonus, you'll also be creating a good adult model for your kids.

Best wishes!
  • westgab95
    westgab95 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey 😊 just curious if you're drinking enough water through out the day and in between meals? This really helps because usually hunger can be mistaken for dehydration. Don't get me wrong though I know it's hard work. If you haven't already buy yourself a decent water bottle and keep it handy 💚