33 pounds down

Options
rzp18on2frxn.jpeg

It was and is extremely hard to do this every single day. I was at my heaviest 4 months ago at 200 pounds and now I sit at 166lbs. 5”8. This is a battle day in and day out, I still feel guilt when I have “treat” meals but I realize sometimes my metabolism needs it. I had lost about 25 lbs in 2020 but it was extremely unhealthy mentally and physically as well. This time I hope to make it a sustainable journey.

Replies

• PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT! It's a battle, if you let it be a battle. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I have learned over the years that I have to allow myself that cheat day (sometimes I have been known to have 2 cheat days).. Usually we go out for pizza and garlic bread with cheese once a week. I try to make my snacks fruit, sometimes "ants on a log" (celery, peanut butter and raisins), or yogurt with dry roasted peanuts. These things seem to keep me satified longer. Blueberries are a good choice for the last snack of the day. For me, that tends to be closer to bedtime, so not heavy at all.
    In 2008 I lost 82#, by doing it just this way. The hardest for me back then, was eating at a restaurant, but now days there are so many healthier options out there. Just remember "portion control". If you let this stress you are having control your life you need to have a heart to heart with yourself and not be hard on yourself. If you are going to eat heavier, I'd suggest doing it earlier in the day, that way it has more time to work off. Everyone's system is different. If you are being too strict, you will lose interest. That's a killer right there. If I mess up (on a non-cheat day), I know I can get back on track the next day. To me, this is a life's journey with all the mountains to climb and valley's to skate down into. Take it one day at a time. Eventually you'll get a better mindset and this will get easier, becoming "a way of life". Do you walk or exercise? If you enjoy walking, I recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVD's. They are great (and fun) when you can't get outside to walk. Exercise of some kind is that added boost to weight loss. Can it be done without it, of course, but it sure helps, and is so good for every part of you! I used to have a treadmill (it died from overuse, LOL). So many people say how boring it is. I can't say that. I put on a headset with some good hip hop (and I'm an old gal) and I'd "dance-walk" on the treadmill. Made the time go by so fast...Boy, I'm sorry, I'm writing a book here. Just my ideas as I type...Best wishes for much success on your journey...
  • Jumpropegirl5467
    Jumpropegirl5467 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    PAnn1 wrote: »
    You are doing GREAT! It's a battle, if you let it be a battle. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I have learned over the years that I have to allow myself that cheat day (sometimes I have been known to have 2 cheat days).. Usually we go out for pizza and garlic bread with cheese once a week. I try to make my snacks fruit, sometimes "ants on a log" (celery, peanut butter and raisins), or yogurt with dry roasted peanuts. These things seem to keep me satified longer. Blueberries are a good choice for the last snack of the day. For me, that tends to be closer to bedtime, so not heavy at all.
    In 2008 I lost 82#, by doing it just this way. The hardest for me back then, was eating at a restaurant, but now days there are so many healthier options out there. Just remember "portion control". If you let this stress you are having control your life you need to have a heart to heart with yourself and not be hard on yourself. If you are going to eat heavier, I'd suggest doing it earlier in the day, that way it has more time to work off. Everyone's system is different. If you are being too strict, you will lose interest. That's a killer right there. If I mess up (on a non-cheat day), I know I can get back on track the next day. To me, this is a life's journey with all the mountains to climb and valley's to skate down into. Take it one day at a time. Eventually you'll get a better mindset and this will get easier, becoming "a way of life". Do you walk or exercise? If you enjoy walking, I recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVD's. They are great (and fun) when you can't get outside to walk. Exercise of some kind is that added boost to weight loss. Can it be done without it, of course, but it sure helps, and is so good for every part of you! I used to have a treadmill (it died from overuse, LOL). So many people say how boring it is. I can't say that. I put on a headset with some good hip hop (and I'm an old gal) and I'd "dance-walk" on the treadmill. Made the time go by so fast...Boy, I'm sorry, I'm writing a book here. Just my ideas as I type...Best wishes for much success on your journey...

Thank you for all of your insight. My mom and I have constantly been up and down in weight together, we live together and for a long time were very codependent. She always told me to be vigilant and I take that with me. With that said, I do struggle with feelings of guilt at times after a cheat meal but I am certainly working towards that, and having a good and healthy relationship with food. I really appreciate your input. And to answer your question, I do exercise and I enjoy it very much.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss. I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 164. I'm glad to see how good you look! And hope I'll look good, too, very soon.
  • Jumpropegirl5467
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your loss. I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 164. I'm glad to see how good you look! And hope I'll look good, too, very soon.

I bet you look wonderful now ! Good luck with your goal, you got this !!! And thank you !

• dogwalker157
    dogwalker157 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • Bluzturk
    Bluzturk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, great job the hardest thing is getting started once you start to see results you'll find it a little easier to stay within your calories. Keep up the good work!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    This great progress. I'm 5ft7 and started at 203 2months ago. I'm down to 179 now and hoping to reach 160 by Xmas which may be a bit too ambitious but I you look great, well done
  • Jumpropegirl5467
    Options
    This great progress. I'm 5ft7 and started at 203 2months ago. I'm down to 179 now and hoping to reach 160 by Xmas which may be a bit too ambitious but I you look great, well done

Thank you, and great job as well!! I think it’s great to give yourself a goal, however putting a strict timeline and not hitting that mark can sometimes be discouraging, I suggest consistency which you must be nailing to be down from 203, weight loss is kind of all over the place at times, so be patient and forgiving, I’m still at 166 and don’t know when I’ll make it to my goal of 163 but I know I will see it eventually. Good luck !!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!