What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

It’s venison chili time - with a lb of hot pork sausage of course - and idc what no one says it’s still chili even with beans
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

It’s venison chili time - with a lb of hot pork sausage of course - and idc what no one says it’s still chili even with beans

Dude! That looks amazing! I have never understood the no beans thing either.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

This looks great. You can cook for me anytime
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

I was bamboozled for the first time (that I know of and that they succeeded) into eating venison last night. Trying to eat the “lesser of evil” options at someone else’s house. And the sausage looked innocent enough. I didn’t find out until much later. This man takes the whole process seriously and does it all himself. I was happy to know that I could if I had to. I won’t willingly again. Personal choice. But if something ever goes down I will let someone feed it to me.

Is this an everywhere thing or regional? People here LOVE to make venison and wait for you to eat it to tell you. They watch you like a psychopath.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,334 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I’m heading into the gym. I am frightened on two counts. One on a purely social anxiety level and two can I keep up. Please send good vibes.

You do you. I hear tell people really don't care what other people are doing in the gym.

Psrtnered workout 😂

WTF, woman?! Don't be on your phone when you're working out. Rude! :p

😂 all done
    wi7evbm3h7dc.jpeg
    My partner & i ran instead of the first option

How did it go?
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I’m heading into the gym. I am frightened on two counts. One on a purely social anxiety level and two can I keep up. Please send good vibes.

You do you. I hear tell people really don't care what other people are doing in the gym.

Psrtnered workout 😂

WTF, woman?! Don't be on your phone when you're working out. Rude! :p

😂 all done
    wi7evbm3h7dc.jpeg
    My partner & i ran instead of the first option

How did it go?
    I kept up fine, but I was right about the social awkwardness. It was a little on the clique-y side just like I kind of remember. That’s OK; there were a few people there that I click with as well.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited November 2023
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

I was bamboozled for the first time (that I know of and that they succeeded) into eating venison last night. Trying to eat the “lesser of evil” options at someone else’s house. And the sausage looked innocent enough. I didn’t find out until much later. This man takes the whole process seriously and does it all himself. I was happy to know that I could if I had to. I won’t willingly again. Personal choice. But if something ever goes down I will let someone feed it to me.

Is this an everywhere thing or regional? People here LOVE to make venison and wait for you to eat it to tell you. They watch you like a psychopath.

I think we can trust cowsfan because he’s 1500 miles away or so I think, and he already told us about the deer flesh.
  • HungryCatapillar23
    Options
    Buying a boat.. or moving to higher ground 🌊 these storms over here are getting worse 🌪️
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

I think we can trust cowsfan because he’s 1500 miles away or so I think, and he already told us about the deer flesh.

Oh I trust him❤️

I just wanna know why it’s so fun for some to be like “Didnyou enjoy that? IT’S VENISON!”
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

Oh I trust him❤️

I just wanna know why it’s so fun for some to be like “Didnyou enjoy that? IT’S VENISON!”
    😅 I’m wondering in what other scenarios that would be OK. Did you like that? It was cocaine! Wait. No. That’s bad too
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

I’ve never heard of anyone doing that with venison lol - as most tend to like it -
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,331 Member
    Options
    Making Birch Benders grain free pancakes because I feel like having breakfast for lunch
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Catching up on tasks and not feeling like I’m just treading water.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Just came in from 90 minutes of raking. I'm exhausted
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,099 Member
    Options
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

I’ve never heard of anyone doing that with venison lol - as most tend to like it -

I had that done to me although I knew it was game meat.
    Venison is a big NO for me.
    Buffalo is a NO for me.
    Quail, ok I’ll eat quail, they taste like chicken.
    It’s best without the buckshot though.
    😀
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2023
    Options
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

Buffalo is a NO for me.
    😀
    I love venison. But the deer around here eat like cows - from people's gardens, cornfields and apple orchards. The meat is very lean, has no hormones and there's no gamey taste
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

Buffalo is a NO for me.
    😀

Quail aren’t bad - but all dark meat - I cooked up 5 birds that a lady i work with raises and liked them - my family did not lol
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited November 2023
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

Buffalo is a NO for me.
    😀
    I love venison. But the deer around here eat like cows - from people's gardens, cornfields and apple orchards. The meat is very lean, has no hormones and there's no gamey taste
    I agree with you
    I’ve had deer meat from my current largely agrarian location and I’ve had deer meat from the Catskills area and the meat here is much better. I still can’t say I’m a huge fan but in a nice chili as long as nobody’s trying to fool me and especially if it’s made by a handsome man… I’d eat that.