• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

It’s venison chili time - with a lb of hot pork sausage of course - and idc what no one says it’s still chili even with beans

I was bamboozled for the first time (that I know of and that they succeeded) into eating venison last night. Trying to eat the “lesser of evil” options at someone else’s house. And the sausage looked innocent enough. I didn’t find out until much later. This man takes the whole process seriously and does it all himself. I was happy to know that I could if I had to. I won’t willingly again. Personal choice. But if something ever goes down I will let someone feed it to me.

Is this an everywhere thing or regional? People here LOVE to make venison and wait for you to eat it to tell you. They watch you like a psychopath.

I’ve never heard of anyone doing that with venison lol - as most tend to like it -

I had that done to me although I knew it was game meat.
    Venison is a big NO for me.
    Buffalo is a NO for me.
    Quail, ok I’ll eat quail, they taste like chicken.
    It’s best without the buckshot though.
    😀

Quail aren’t bad - but all dark meat - I cooked up 5 birds that a lady i work with raises and liked them - my family did not lol

We raised some quails we got from 4-H one time. Some predator got them though. It was back before I knew what I was really doing with birds.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited November 2023
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    Working on sketching a mandala for class.
    RcfeFnK.jpg

It’s so precise, and so beautiful

Swim little Fishies
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,331 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

It’s venison chili time - with a lb of hot pork sausage of course - and idc what no one says it’s still chili even with beans

I was bamboozled for the first time (that I know of and that they succeeded) into eating venison last night. Trying to eat the “lesser of evil” options at someone else’s house. And the sausage looked innocent enough. I didn’t find out until much later. This man takes the whole process seriously and does it all himself. I was happy to know that I could if I had to. I won’t willingly again. Personal choice. But if something ever goes down I will let someone feed it to me.

Is this an everywhere thing or regional? People here LOVE to make venison and wait for you to eat it to tell you. They watch you like a psychopath.

I’ve never heard of anyone doing that with venison lol - as most tend to like it -

Buffalo is a NO for me.
    😀
    I love venison. But the deer around here eat like cows - from people's gardens, cornfields and apple orchards. The meat is very lean, has no hormones and there's no gamey taste
    I agree with you
    I’ve had deer meat from my current largely agrarian location and I’ve had deer meat from the Catskills area and the meat here is much better. I still can’t say I’m a huge fan but in a nice chili as long as nobody’s trying to fool me and especially if it’s made by a handsome man… I’d eat that.

Oh especially if it's made by a handsome man...
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    r97ozhrucv0q.jpeg

Buffalo is a NO for me.
    😀
    I love venison. But the deer around here eat like cows - from people's gardens, cornfields and apple orchards. The meat is very lean, has no hormones and there's no gamey taste
    I agree with you
    I’ve had deer meat from my current largely agrarian location and I’ve had deer meat from the Catskills area and the meat here is much better. I still can’t say I’m a huge fan but in a nice chili as long as nobody’s trying to fool me and especially if it’s made by a handsome man… I’d eat that.

Call me 😉
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    RcfeFnK.jpg

Swim little Fishies

Thank you. I can see where I can improve but I have to paint it with gouache after so that’s going to take a lot of time. He assigned a minimum of 4 textures and 4 patterns. Here’s where I am now so far.

MDeMD0L.jpg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    RcfeFnK.jpg

Swim little Fishies

Thank you. I can see where I can improve but I have to paint it with gouache after so that’s going to take a lot of time. He assigned a minimum of 4 textures and 4 patterns. Here’s where I am now so far.

MDeMD0L.jpg

I could get lost in this. Is it as meditative to create as it is to look at?
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,190 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    RcfeFnK.jpg

Swim little Fishies

MDeMD0L.jpg

I could get lost in this. Is it as meditative to create as it is to look at?

I think once the square is done and you have an idea of the radial design, then it’s meditative. There is something really calming about the repeating of lines and pattern.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,213 Member
    Options
    Making venison burgers 😎
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Making venison burgers 😎
    I’d eat that
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    Making venison burgers 😎

Break out the werchestshire!
  • HungryCatapillar23
    Options
    Cooling down after Pilates 🧘🏻‍♀️ a couple of minutes then dumbbells workout 🏋🏻‍♀️
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Making venison burgers 😎

Break out the werchestshire!

https://voca.ro/1ebnsNo09udN
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Cooling down after Pilates 🧘🏻‍♀️ a couple of minutes then dumbbells workout 🏋🏻‍♀️

Get it girl
  • HungryCatapillar23
    HungryCatapillar23 Posts: 66 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Making venison burgers 😎
    I’d eat that

I’m more of a sausage person myself 😋 I’m on zero fat though 🥹
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,213 Member
    Options
    Making venison burgers 😎