Meet ups

Options
SlimSadieG
SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
Have any MFPs ever met up with other MFPs in REAL LIFE?!

Just intrigued...

Replies

• NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Ha! I was just thinking about this last night!! Curious to see the responses...
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I believe it happens all the time.
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Haven't meet anyone in my area yet, I live in Reading. Would be willing to though for people within the area.
  • MaryMary1984
    Options
    I think it would make sense if people live in the same area! although it would almost feel like platonic internet dating!
  • Pickedlast4gym
    Options
    I joined with a friend.....we see each other at the gym.....I am thinking other people in my area are doing this!
  • martina123321
    Options
    I think it would make sense if people live in the same area! although it would almost feel like platonic internet dating!

I agree......... I was also thinking about this last night lol :)
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Any other site I would say it was crazy, dangerous even but... the fact that everyone wants to get fit and probably go to a certain gym to meet up and work out makes it seem perfectly normal! (let someone know your going tho.... lol)

Oh and I do know some ppl who have met up from here. I havent tho!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I would deffo meet up with like minded ladies who wanted to come and meet at my local gym It would be good for motivation x
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Several and they all have been awesome. :smile:
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi there,

Was also wondering the same as would be fun and add even more to our motivation. Not sure how we would go about it though?

Angy
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I've met up with 2 ladies on this site. And I have plans to meet many more of my friends from here.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I know a few, but only those I knew previously
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    I've met Puckermann last week but he deactivated his account recently.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Several and they all have been awesome. :smile:

Everyone meets Carl... even me.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    There are a few that I easily could and would meet up with. Then there are one or two little farther away that I would really like to meet and hopefully will someday!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Not yet but id like to. A few of my friends have and they all enjoyed it
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I haven't met anyone yet but would like to ! :flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont think to many on my list live near me,and i dont travle much. But the next time anyone has the urge to vist the sprawling metropolis that is Forney TX I'll be here lol
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I kind of like the anonymity on here, I can say things I wouldn't say in front of my friends "on the outside", and am glad that none of them are here, or if they are they don't know who I am. But I'm quite a private person when it comes to my health and emotions, maybe that's just me though, it's definitely a product of where I was brought up.

I wouldn't be against meeting up with my mfp friends though if the opportunity arose! :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I haven't met up with anybody here but I've been on many other forums where we've had meetups. I loved it!

We should have one in Austin, Texas!!!!