how do you make yourself feel attractive?

Options
Sometimes I have days where I feel ugly and I feel like my body is repulsive and fat is just sitting all over my stomach in an obvious way. (Okay I might have tried on a dress that was a size too small today, it was white and it was tight and it did not make me feel good.) So, WHEN DO YOU FEEL HOT/PRETTY/SEXY/HANDSOME and what are some things you do to feel that way when you don't.

Despite mistakes made in the dressing room today, I feel pretty in a (well fitting) dress and heels on a saturday night.
I also have very flattering lighting and a HUGE mirror in my room and on days when I feel good I like to just kind of check myself out when I've only got my underwear on, standing and tensing has amazing effects.

So what does everyone else do? Hoping to generate ideas between each other to use on those days where you feel like you'll never look nice.

Replies

• Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I feel the best about myself right after I work out. For some reason I feel like I could take over the world!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I feel the best about myself right after I work out. For some reason I feel like I could take over the world!

This.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    put on some fun bling. None of my jewelry is worth anything, but they're interesting and make me feel great. I love my pretties.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I flex my arms in front of a mirror. When I see my visibly toned triceps, I feel good (and feel motivated to working on making my other muscles visible).
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It's not what I do. It is when we are out grocery shopping, or taking the boys to the park, or something else mundane, and I see the way my husband looks at me. Like I am the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. And he didn't even notice me in high school.

That makes me feel attractive.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I feel my best when either just coming in from working out, laying in the sun or putting on a new make up fondation....basically anything that makes me look "glowy". As for my body....I steer clear of flowy tops ...they make me feel huge.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I feel my best after working out as well, if the workout was good. Otherwise, I have horrible body image due to my weight.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hang out with uglier people.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

They must be really ugly people.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I put on a pretty dress, fix my hair, and put on some make-up. Been playing around with smokey eyes lately and I love it. I found a video and have been trying the technique in different colors. I went by to see my dad and step-mom on Sunday after church. I walked in the door and my step-mom took a step back and gasped "You are so beautiful." Made my day!!!
  • sweat2live
    Options
    Even after a 154lb weightloss, I usually still see myself as needing a lot more work. I feel best about myself after my workout when I'm tired and spent, but charged up and realizing that I have have the privilege to work out. I could be dead, should have been. Having a new lease on life changes a lot about how I look at myself.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options

They must be really ugly people.

the concept, you grasped it. well done you.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Watch Biggest Loser.....no totally kidding. Actually I hit the gym....does wonders
  • micheeks
    micheeks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel sexy after I've worked out and I'm sweating like crazy. To me its my way to say I've worked hard and I feel wonderful afterwards. Then when I step into a cute dress and pumps its on from there. I've never been one to wear alot of dresses because of my thick legs but I recieve alot of compliments from men and women that I look good. :-)
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    hahahaha one about ugly people and biggest loser, hilarious. all of the others are really good too, specially the exercise ones- nothing like endorphins to make you feel grandiose haha.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I feel best about myself after my workout when I'm tired and spent, but charged up and realizing that I have have the privilege to work out. I could be dead, should have been. Having a new lease on life changes a lot about how I look at myself.

YESSSS. THIS. I've lost a lot of people over the years, and just lost my closest aunt to cancer last year. Every time I push my body and it responds, I thank GOD I can still do that. Every day if I want to.

CONGRATULATIONS on 145 down -- that's AMAZING.

I try to take a look at myself in the mirror after a shower, and really take in what I see. I used to AVOID the mirror, or only glance in it for a second to make sure my hair wasn't sticking straight up, and then BOLT. I'm trying to take my time now and appreciate what I've done, and how far I've come -- with not only the diet and exercise, but my spirit, too. Turning 40 last year has made me more comfortable in my skin.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I feel best when I wear black - it's more slimming for me!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I feel sexy after I've worked out and I'm sweating like crazy. To me its my way to say I've worked hard and I feel wonderful afterwards.

THIS TOO! Who are those women who think sweating is UNCOOL??? Puddles of sweat on the floor and having to peel off the workout clothes afterwards -- now THAT'S sexy.
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I feel attractive when my boobs look good in a shirt. Weird I know... but my breasts are my best asset! I also feel good when i do my hair up nice and put on a tasteful amount of make up.

DH is kind of inept in the complement department but sometimes he does let me know when I'm wearing something he thinks looks hot. I like to know he thinks I'm hot. When I know he thinks I look good I feel like the sexiest woman in the world.

<3