What food have you had to entirely forgo?

Options
13»

Replies

• Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    MovinNow wrote: »
    @Fattyohfat Thanks for this!

…my recipe for a pizza quesadilla, comes in under 300 calories

1 serving sliced turkey pepperoni like 16 slices 70 calories
    1 serving reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese 80 calories
    1 serving jarred pizza sauce I use Yo Mama's 30 calories
    1 low carb tortilla I use the Mission™ brand. This one has 70 calories and is about 7" across

Make you pizza on the tortilla and put in a cast iron skillet sprayed with Pam™ over medium low heat. Once you see the cheese start to melt fold over on itself, and let it cook. flipping back and forth until you get the color on the crust you want. You can change the toppings around if you like. I sometimes use less pepperoni and add in things like olives, or onions and peppers. I use the lower heat because it can go from perfect to oops very fast if the heats to high.

You're welcome. I hope you try it, and like it. Thanks for the compliment!
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. It’s just empty calories and when out it’s rarely just 1. So i ditched it.
  • HungryCatapillar23
    Options
    Refined Sugar .. you get used to not having it after a week I also have minimal natural sugars too, it’s more a of a treat when I do have something 😋
  • magicfoodfluff
    magicfoodfluff Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    For the most part beef since it gives me the poops.
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 117 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    For Hummus you could try eating it with celery sticks, baby carrots, or sliced bell peppers instead of the crackers. Just substituting out the Ritz would save a ton of calories.

I can't keep snack crackers, party mix, or popcorn in the house because my body doesn't know when to stop eating those and I can easily eat an entire bag without realising. Chex Mix, Cheez-Its, and Skinny Pop are some of the worst offenders for me, my body just never gets a satiety signal from these and they're so delicious and addictive. There's nearly no nutritional value in these so I just don't keep them around anymore.