What is your favorite recreational activity?

Options
So what is your favorite activity or sport and how did you get started doing it?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch. I always loved playing pick up basketball with friends, and have played 13 year of football starting at age 11 and stopped when I was 27, 28 (missed a few seasons in between).

I would have to go with working out (weights). I started working out in grade 10 as an under sized football player, and I had to work harder in the gym to compete with the larger guys. Even years after not playing anymore I still love strength training.

What is you story?
  • martina123321
    Options
    Mine is swimming, I absolutely love being in the water, I love love, love it. I don't know why I love it so much just really get a buzz from swimming. :)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    These days I pretty much primarily play soccer. When I was younger I played football and wrestled. I even had a short stint as a professional wrestler. I also enjoy sparring. If I was ten years younger I'd consider getting into mixed martial arts.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Paintball and club rugby.
  • smccarron1
    smccarron1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Road Cycling and Field Hockey!! :glasses:
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    hiking, working out, I play a mean horseshoe game too!
  • JanaBethSLP
    Options
    Softball! I have played since I was 7 years old. I used to play women's ball and have played co-ed ball for about 6 years now. I love it because it's something my husband and I can do and enjoy together. :)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I played kickball when I was younger, was excellent at that, however after moving to a new area could never find a kickball team. I was never much into sports but I did work out a lot in highschool, sometimes twice a day. I dont' remember being super fit though, probably cause my diet sucked. Now I love biking, hiking, jogging, and I want to join an adult kickball league in the spring.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Woohoo Field Hockey!

I got into hockey because the prissy girls all played volleyball but the field hockey girls were hilarious. That and we did half our practices with the boys soccer team AND did all of out traveling with them. Well, that and I got to play a game where I had a nice big stick. Full back. Loved it. I never really stopped.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

I remember from another post you said people say you look like Sandra Bullock and I can totally see the resemblance but to me you are a spitting image of my cousin Ashley.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Sex then Sleep..want more of both..haha.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I grew up at a bowling alley on Friday nights while my parents bowled. They got me started on youth leagues when I was about 10 or so and I did that for a few years. Then I became good friends with a girl who had the same sort of childhood and we began bowling on the adult leagues together. I've been doing that 33 weeks a year for the past 5 years.

One of my bowling teamates and best friends started an adult volleyball team with a doctor she works for and a few of our friends. That starts up again this week and it will be my 4th season on the league. Lots of fun!
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Friday's.........:wink:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hiking and geocaching. There are 2 city parks and 1 state forest within 15 min of my house, and 3 state parks, 2 rails to trails and a national forest within 1.5 hrs drive. HIking almost seems mandatory.

And I've recently started cornholing. Not a lot of exercise, but very fun.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    I love hiking! I live in Utah, and it's so diverse here. We have the forest mountains in the north, and there is a lot of wildlife!!! Almost every time we go we see elk, moose and deer. Down south we have the gorgeous red rock! It's sooo fun climbing all over the sandstone, it's like natures playground!!!
  • smccarron1
    smccarron1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I remember from another post you said people say you look like Sandra Bullock and I can totally see the resemblance but to me you are a spitting image of my cousin Ashley.

Haha! I always look like someone people know! Never fails :0) :tongue:
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I really liked playing men's street hockey. That was a blast. And tennis is always a favorite. I can't wait until I lose all this weight and can buy another tennis skirt.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Paintball, sex and krav maga
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Kickball right now! Some of my friends found out about a league and we signed up for the season. It's lots of fun - kinda like how you used to do when you were a kid and just played kickball together - except it's adults now and we have added beer!!!