tastes better

Options
Hey fellow MFP'ers :) I have recently noticed that my healthier lifestyle has drastically changed my tastes in food. Has anyone else encountered this? I prefer lighter oil based dressings made from scratch over my old standard of ranch and blue cheese. I cannot eat ice cream the way that I used to 1 small cup is about all I can handle before getting uncomfortable. Buttery and greasy fried food that you get when you are at a restaurant literally makes me sick.

Every time I go out to eat and eat the way I used to (i.e. finish the whole plate) I am ill for hours into the night.

As for beverages, I don't prefer anything over water anymore. OCCASIONALLY I will have a diet coke and love it, but that used to be a daily occurrence.

I LOVE to eat out, but its so hard on my stomach, every time I go A LITTLE overboard. what are your thoughts about calling ahead to order food prepared so that I won't be paying for it all night long?

I'm much happier and healthier than I ever have been in my life, and I enjoy food even more that I did when I was eating a lot more of it, I think since my relationship with food is healthier now. I find that I am enjoying cleaner fresher and healthier flavors that I would just mow through before LOL!! But I want to keep enjoying food and I'm starting to be scared of it! LOL any ideas?

THANKS~ :)

Replies

• Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes I have noticed that my old 'favorites' arent as good as they used to be. I guess thats the differnce between being on a short term diet and making a lifestyle change. I have heard others say the same thing.
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! It is funny to me that so long ago the thought of eating 1400 calories was torture...some days I don't get that high. The junk food that I used to consume on stress eating binges...no more!

Isn't it an amazing feeling?
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes I totally agree with you. It is amazing and I feel the same- my husband and I used to eat out 3-4 nights a week including drinks- several of them- how I didn't weigh more than I did is still a mystery to me.

I love the ability to go out and control what I eat and how much, and to let loose if I feel like it- but to make up for it the next day- it truly is all about balance.

For me, the trick is never getting beyond the "feeling good" part of where you are. I know if I do enough days in a row of the "bad" stuff, it's a slippery slope.

Enjoy your new control - I know I do too!