my husband thinks I am getting addicted to loosing weight, w

Options
I am 30 years old, and I started dieting on 08/ 23/ 2010 with HCG, I was a size 24 and 277 lbs, I Just finished my third round of HCG and I am 182 lbs and a size 10. I want to keep going till I am at least 130 lbs and I should be a size 6-8, I am 5'4 but have a large build and come from a muscular family.

I can start the 4 round of HCG in about 2 weeks, he wasn't me to wait and exercise for about 6 months. But I read online if I lower my BMI, now it is 31, to around 20 to 25 my skin will be able to adjust easier to m y new size.

He is also concerned that I am getting addicted to loosing weight because I keep going even though I am a size 10 pant.
I don't think I am, I just know that it is possible now and I don't want to stop till I reach my goal because this is very hard and I don't know if I am going to have the motivation later on.

please tell me if you think I am being unreasonable?

Just as a note: my husband is a wonderful man who really expresses concern and would support me no matter what, so please don't bad mouth him. ty

Replies

• SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    what is HCG?
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you have a healthy goal weight in mind. If your doctor is on board with your plan, then go for it.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I think he's probably right to be concerned. HCG isn't really a healthy way to lose weight. I agree with eating and exercising.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I think you are questing to hit a healthy weight. You are currently not at a healthy weight. I think that is the most important thing. No I don't think you are addicted to losing weight, I think that you are getting healthier, and that is the most important thing.

Granted I don't know what HCG is... I am just speaking about weight loss in general.
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't know what HCG is, either.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I would try the 6 months of diet and exercise.... Do it the natural way. But that's just me.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Beats crack.
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Being 40 - I say keep going its easier since you are younger than if you wait!! We are talking of the winter months coming up, by summer he will appreciate you in your new bikini!!!

Will he exercise with you? Maybe he just wants or need some more of your time.
    Men get a little insecure especially since he has noticed how you look and I am sure he worries about others looking....sounds to me like he just wants time with you
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my weight using MFP. I don't think you are being unreasonable. I wouldn't soley rely on the BMI charts, but Im 5'9 and 150ish and still in the middle upper end of healthy. So with you at 5'4 and 182 if you feel you want lose more, and still be healhy, go for it.

I do think he has a valid point about exercising and getting healthy w/o the HCG. I don't know a lot about that diet, but have heard of it.

I would talk with you family dr and see what he/she has to say. Take hubby with you.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I can send you a copy of the information for HCG like the booklet and stuff if you want to see if it would work for you. I am not a seller. let me know if you want it.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I think your goal is absolutely reasonable. Have you given any thought to just diet and exercise though? I know you have had success with HCG but maybe doing it a healthier way for that last 50 pounds would actually teach you how to maintain your goal once you get there? Learning healthy food choices and daily exercises and actually applying them to your daily life are vital in maintaining overall health in the long term. Good luck!!
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the normal diet and exercise. It's what most of us on here are doing, and succeeding at. Lose the fad diets, shots, pills, etc.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I don't know what HCG is, either.

HCG is the pregancy hormone that people use to lose weight (kind of like a weightloss pill)

I agree with the poster that suggest taking time off the HCG and try plain diet and exercise... it works for so many!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think he's probably right to be concerned. HCG isn't really a healthy way to lose weight. I agree with eating and exercising.

I agree. I think you should try the exercise and maintain or lose more on your own. It will still be there in six months.

IMHO
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Out of personal experience, the hcg diet is very bad for you. Only being allowed 500 calories a day is horrible. You could have long term effects from this. Doing that to your body can cause some seriouse side effects including liver and kidney problems. I think your hubby is valid with his concern, and if you incorporate exercise along with a healthy lifestyle change, you will reach your goal. Good luck sweets, and maybe you should talk with your Doctor about the hcg diet, after all they are the experts.
  • emilyajones
    Options
    Just had to google what HCG was, but I dont think your unreasonable. Its a healthy goal and as long as your doctor (as someone said before me) is okay with it, then go for it!
    Your right with ploughing on with your plan as youve indentified a possible weakness in yourself that you may not have the motivation (as people often do!) to continue with the last little bit of weight loss later after achieving so much :)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    maybe doing it a healthier way for that last 50 pounds would actually teach you how to maintain your goal once you get there? Learning healthy food choices and daily exercises and actually applying them to your daily life are vital in maintaining overall health in the long term.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    BTW I am 5'4" too and I think your goal is right in line, I just think you might want to take it easy on the hormones to get there.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    What is HCG? Sounds like you have healthy goals so I would not be concerned.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    HCG is artificial pregnancy hormones combined with a VERY VERY low calorie diet. It is not healthy.

VLCD's have their place for morbidly obese people, but now that you're getting closer to your target range, you should not be on it any longer. They can damage your heart (some people just drop dead), destroy your metabolism, etc.