Web login works but can't log in to Android App

I've got an ongoing issue which I've raised with tech support but frankly they have been terrible thus far and don't seem to understand the issue I'm experiencing.

I am able to log in with my credentials via the MFP website without any issues, however when using the same details I'm unable to log in via the Android App on my Pixel 6 Pro running Android 14.

I've tested that the app to make sure there is nothing fundamentally wrong using an old account with a different email and that lets me log in via the app ok, but my main (current) account just won't go past the 'please wait' spinning wheel after I enter my credentials no matter how long I wait.

I have previously been able to use the app with my main account, but after an issue of exercises not syncing correctly with Android (14) Health Connect resulting in multiple duplicate entries meaning it was showing as many as 40k remaining calories on some days I was told to unlink it from Health Connect clear the App cache, delete it, restart my phone and then reinstall it, and since then it's not worked again.

Any help greatly appreciated as MFPs technical support are proving entirely ineffective at dealing with my issue.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,468 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Hi @AngelTwoFive72, sorry for the trouble you've experienced. No users in the forums are going to be able to help you with this, unfortunately.

That said, i've looked into your case and have taken the liberty of escalating your concerns so that you can get some help promptly. Please be on the lookout for an email from support.

Answers

• AngelTwoFive72
    AngelTwoFive72 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for your help, I'll await further contact from support on this and hopefully a resolution can be found to my issue as currently I'm paying for a premium membership that I just can't use and this has been ongoing for a number of days.

Fingers crossed.
  • AngelTwoFive72
    AngelTwoFive72 Posts: 3 Member
    Contacted support as suggested, sent lots of information back as requested, now told the ticket will be closed as it's been escalated to 'Level 2' support who "won't respond unless they need more information or have a fix", so I'm left with an account I can no longer use via the mobile (Android) App, despite it working fine via a browser.

Asked if there was a way to raise a formal complaint, or to get a refund on the remaining Premium Subscription given I can no longer use the service. No response.

Amazing customer service, well done MyFitnessPal for leaving me absolutely no further forward and now not willing to even engage with me.
  • VelaarFelps
    VelaarFelps Posts: 2 Member
    It looks like I'm having the exact same issue. So not isolated. Can you share your ticket number so I can refer to it?
  • ignaciolagosruiz
    ignaciolagosruiz Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 11
    100% not isolated. I am having the same issue across all my android devices.
    web and iOS seems to work.

I pay for premium and haven't been able to use the app since October 2023.

Dear @durden, allow me to say: What the *kitten*?
    I have sent a ticket quite some time ago: 4558007

cheers
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,468 MFP Staff
    Dear @durden, allow me to say: What the *kitten*?
    I have sent a ticket quite some time ago: 4558007

cheers

It looks like you created a ticket today and got a response already. Please refer to your support ticket for any further questions.
  • onehawgrider
    onehawgrider Posts: 1 Member
    I am experiencing the exact same problem as AngelTwofive72. I have previously been able to use the app. But started having issues with it not syncing my exercises correctly with Android (14) Health Connect. I unlinked it from Health Connect, cleared the App cache, uninstalled MFP, restarted my phone and then reinstalled it. Since then, it's not worked again. It won't go past the 'please wait' spinning wheel after I enter my credentials no matter how long I wait. I can and have been accessing my account from my desktop PC. Has there been in progress on solving this issue?
  • mrphilliply
    mrphilliply Posts: 1 Member
    Same issue here - cannot use app only web browser

Have tried uninstall / reinstall multiple times, phone on/off, offloading app - cannot get passed the “loading” wheel on the app. After about 2 hours the sign up / login buttons appear but the whole screen is frozen. Close the app, start again and doesn’t work.

Any advice what to try to fix this? Thank you
  • tdemmer83
    tdemmer83 Posts: 1 Member
    Not able to access the app at all. Am only able to access via the web. Have deleted and reinstalled the app twice. Changed password twice. Still can’t get into the app. Has anyone solved this issue?
  • leeshuification
    leeshuification Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same problem as of 2 days ago (08-08-2024). I contacted support, they told me to try resetting the password again, but it still doesn't work.
  • cwdrm
    cwdrm Posts: 1 Member
    also have this issue
  • kasi5630
    kasi5630 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same issue on Pixel 8pro.
    Deleted caches, uninstalled the app, changed password, even created a new account and still doesn't let me login...
  • Topaypaye
    Topaypaye Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, I had the same problem since yesterday, nothing worked, then this morning I uninstalled everything, rebooted, reinstalled, then thinking about it, since it's a server problem, I tried to connect via VPN to a US server, and bingo! I was able to reconnect via the app! I'm on iOS. Everything works again, I then disabled the VPN, and the application continues to work. I think the problem is just at the login level. You should not disconnect as much as possible.
    I hope this will work for others!
  • TheArizn
    TheArizn Posts: 1 Member
    If you have a garmin connect app, and have it connected you can bypass this by clicking on the modal inside the connect app.