250 lbs to go.

Options
Hi, I am 30 yrs old, I weigh 440lbs, I have started this long life journey, I would love to have some encouraging friends to help me along the way ... please feel free to add me.

Replies

• angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! Take one day and one pound at a time and you'll do great.
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    would love to have you as a friend :) i am in the same boat...LOTS to lose!!!!!!!
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You're come to the right place, there's so much encouragement and support here, it's unbelieveable. You can do this!:smile:
  • rluxie
    rluxie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the first step. Feel free to add me and never give up. Whether it's 50 or 250 it's about health. Celebrating you today.
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    U can do this. You've made a great choice, one step at a time!!!!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Just remember "a journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step!"
    No worries about how far you have to go.. We're all in this together! :)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've taken the first step to a new fitter/slimmer you! You'll find lots of support and inspiration from others on MFP. If you'd like to please feel free to send me a friend request.:happy:
  • ritzy04
    Options
    Welcome, I'm a week into this program with what seems like an unattainable amount of weight to lose but I believe I have it in me to lose weight and I believe you can too :) Like everything else in life it takes time and patience, Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! Take one day and one pound at a time and you'll do great.

what she said.

buy yourself some new gear for this to work well. a food scale, some measuring cups to help with portions, and some new work out clothes. start by walking 30 minutes a day, and if you can't do that right now, make it your goal, and then we'll work to getting you to walk an hour. go out and enjoy nature, thats what i like to do.

post and search on the boards for questions you may have. reading these posting helps me see what some ppl are doing and what can work for me.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!!! I am so glad that you are here. Good luck with your journey and you CAN do it:flowerforyou:
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a WONDERFUL place and committing to the journey is the first step. Feel free to add me!
  • GiseleLKennedy
    Options
    Add me too!!! Welcome. We are all in this together, learning to treat ourselves better and "self medicate" in different ways. Like my mom used to tell me about her cigarettes, "Atleaset its not crack". :) So there, you have two accomplishments to celebrate with a little boogie, go ahead no one is watching. You have taken the first step and you have chosen not to completely give up. Go ahead and do a celebratory dance, every little bit helps and its all about taking those baby steps. I WISH YOU THE ABSOLUTEL BEST. Get ready, get set, GO!
  • jsfurlo0208
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Lifestyle Changes and Determination are the name of the game! Feel free to add me as a friend, I myself have a long road ahead of me 105 more lbs to go but step by step we can make it happen! :)
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Everybody here is great. Very helpful, supportive and motivating. You can reach your goals. This will be a long journey and it may be hard to stay committed some times but we are here to help. I am in a similar scenario. I weighed 385lbs at the beginning of September. I had been using the calorie counting app for my phone for a couple months already but not having much success. I joined the community and have been constantly motivated by friendly people and wonderful success stories. I now weigh 363lbs and what is even better is that I have been able to keep the weight off. It seems like everyday I feel a little better and the scale is showing me the love.

Stay focused and take this journey one step at a time and you will reach your goals.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I love to give out support and welcome it very much. I have as much to loose too so we can do this together. anyone that likes support can add me.
  • spasticlulu
    Options
    bump
  • spasticlulu
    Options
    bump bump
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place. The tools are great, but checking in with others who are in the same boat is even better.

I liked engineman's advice - buy yourself some basics to get you started.

I'd also like to ask you to take your post title (250 lbs to go) and THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW! You don't have 250 to lose. You have 10 to lose. When you lose that 10, we'll set another goal. Goals should be attainable; otherwise, they scare us right back into the dark corner with the bag of doritos.

Good luck and keep us posted!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome friend! I too started out heavy at 315lbs but 10 months later i am down almost 100lbs. I started my healthy lifestyle when i found MFP on nov.26th 2010 and have been here ever since so you are in the right place. The tools work if you work them and there is much support here for you along your journey. Be sure to check in everyday and don't get discouraged, everyday is a new beginning and as fast as time goes by, i promise you that if you put forth the effort, you will drop the weight and succeed! I know how it feels to know that you have so much weight to lose and that it will never come off, but it does and it will so stick with it, we are all here for one another. Good luck...you can do this....we all can AND will do it! It's worth it!
    "Believing Is Seeing" So believe in yourself and anything is possible!
    Denise
  • rosebudrmr
    Options
    im with you girl I have alot to lose and would love to be friends, I am a newbie as well, i think the more the friends the better!