I’m new here!

Options
I’m new here, my name is summer and I’m 26 and I’m struggling a bit and trying to motivate myself to keep trying to lose weight, it’s not easy and I haven’t seen much progress. This is my first time trying to lose weight too. So if anyone can give any tips, I’d appreciate it.

Replies

• wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree it’s not easy, much easier to eat what you want. But keep in your head how good you will feel after losing the weight. Trust me your body will be different, more energy, clothes fit and feel so much better, easier to climb that flight of stairs, lowered risk of chronic disease, cancer, heart disease, diabetes. Track and log your food closely. Use a food scale. Weigh daily. One mistake should not ruin your entire day. Just keep going. Avoid eating out and processed foods. Make a lifelong change now and the rest of your life will be affected in a positive way!
  • Ian_mc84
    Ian_mc84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    qq2tp2ggvt wrote: »
    I’m new here, my name is summer and I’m 26 and I’m struggling a bit and trying to motivate myself to keep trying to lose weight, it’s not easy and I haven’t seen much progress. This is my first time trying to lose weight too. So if anyone can give any tips, I’d appreciate it.

Welcome.
    Firstly, it’s a marathon not a sprint,
    Second, if you weigh daily then some days it may not go down but up instead, but when it does it most likely not “fat added” but water retention due to things such as salts in yesterdays foods.
    Third, enjoy your journey you can still eat “nice” foods but it’s all in moderation if your over strict on not eatting certain foods you body will start to crave this items and that will lead to wandering off longer term.