Protein powder

Options
Looking for a good tasting and palatable protein powder. I'm sick of chalky texture. Vanilla preferred.

Answers

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition vanilla ice cream whey is my go to. Nice price, widely available.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Optimum nutrition vanilla ice cream whey is my go to. Nice price, widely available.

This is my favorite vanilla. It also mixes well with some of the clear wheys I have, like lemonade and orange
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    UK? US? Somewhere else?

Also, IME, what you mix it with makes a huge difference. I mix with coconut milk which has a whole bunch of good stuff in it and a slight flavour, whereas product suggests water is ok!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I actually like the Walmart brand whey protein, chocolate.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    syntrax sweets vanilla bean torte is my favorite vanilla protein powder. it's sweet like vanilla ice cream.
  • deadlymosquito
    deadlymosquito Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love trutein. I am 225 5’10”. I have about 16-17% body fat so lean is important. I eat 250 grams per day so shakes make that convenient. That being said taste is very important. I never get tired of the taste. I consume about 4 pounds every eight days. I change flavors every eight days.
  • stankyou
    stankyou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some unflavored and add natural flavoring that you like. I use isopure unflavored. Most flavored powders add tons of junk that 1) isn’t good for you; 2) adds chemical junk to lower the quality of what you’re buying. You’ll get better flavor, less chemicals.