Options
    AF - 10
    A - 12
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    12 AF
    10 A

Not planning on any A today, but not counting it yet.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    DH and I went to my DD and DSIL’s home yesterday for their first hosting of Thanksgiving in their new home of 3 years. We took a family walk and enjoyed the gorgeous day before eating. DD cooked a full traditional meal and everyone overate, and oh my how blessed we are to have that much food available to us. The grand kiddies created turkey name placeholders for the 8 of us. Along with my DH, DD, DS and DDIL aren’t drinking at all - this made the day very light on alcohol. In the past, we might have drank at least two bottles of wine between us! I would count this as a LA holiday. I had my planned 2 glasses of champagne between 4-6 p.m. and one nice glass of Chardonnay to finish an open bottle when we arrived home at 7:30 p.m.
    Planning on AF and much lighter eating today!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @MissMay so sorry you had to work! That stinks.

Went to MIL’s last night for a little get together. No alcohol there, and only one slice of pizza. I love pizza but it doesn’t love me!

Got home and had DH make me an Old Fashioned. Yum. But had just one drink All day so that was more than enough. Today I start my AF streak until my birthday on Wednesday.
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @globalhiker - wow, you have mastered a way to stay AF through a big holiday and the following day, and that’s HUGE! Great job!

@MissMay sorry you had to work! It seems the hospitality industry really never sleeps. Glad your turkey plans turned out so nicely.

Was very successful with lighter eating yesterday but boy when 5:00 p.m. rolled around I was ready to open the small bottles of brut champagne again and did. Giving in was too easy.
    I am going to stick with my NA choices today.

My desire and intention is to seize the day = to take an opportunity to act eagerly and decisively for LA!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Sunday night post….

@MissMay’s early December post is timely! You must have known my November has not been on par with my goals. I took time today to look ahead at how I want the remaining 5 days of the month to look. No one said this is supposed to be easy!

To prepare for December, I just read (and will keep going) some much needed info that I found in the LA links (posted at the top of this thread each new month). I liked this gals approach to the topic of alcohol, whether you are interested in quitting or cutting back during the holidays and beyond.

https://unpickledblog.com/

Take good care of yourself this week.

• forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Anybody tired of turkey yet ??
    Seriously considering celebrating next year by putting a very thick steak on the outside grill til medium rare and rustling up a big potato & a spinach salad.
    On the other hand, I'd really miss the quarts of broth I get by boiling down the turkey carcass. Many lazy days of soup making on the woodstove the rest of the winter.
    @Womona ...Happy Happy Birthday !! Have a Mocktail on me...I'm the white haired ol' lady at the end of the bar sipping Mt. Dew. 👵
    Come December I'll put away the corkscrew until Christmas Eve. Feast of the Seven Fishes & cutting into the Panettone will require a bottle opening....
    @MissMay ...thanks so much for continuing this thread and giving us a chance interact with friends we've never
    met. Their stories are inspiring, insightful, sobering [don't we wish !!] and give hope for continuing on a LA path.

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    AF - 12
    A - 14
  • MissMay
    Options
    @Michieb125 looking and planning ahead is never a bad idea. Thanks for the link. I had not heard of this book. Here is a quick reference photo for folks to see it.
    uybcljzao51h.jpg
  • MissMay
    Options
    @forestdweller1 great to see your post. And thank you for reminding me of the incredible aroma of dead bird carcass boiling on the stove. Toss in some carrots,onions, celery and herbs YUM!
    I made some haluski last week to remind me of my N.E. Ohio up bringing.
    Give catpuccino a pat on the head from me 🐈🐈‍⬛
  • MissMay
    edited November 2023
    Options
    My goal these last few days of November.
    *Buy a new(ish) beautiful holiday stemmed glass at our delightful thrift store.
    *Fill it with N.A. beverages sip, enjoy, repeat.
    HAPPY MONDAY
  • MissMay
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Less = 😁

• 2timesacharmmfp
    2timesacharmmfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MissMay for the early December start! I have already been thinking about it because there are SO many days where I normally wouldn't drink that have holiday activities planned- I'm still working on my game plan for them.

I've somewhat kept to my planned AF/NA days in November, tracking about 2 more "A" days than originally targeted but that means 16 AF which for me is more than any prior month - normally I'm around 10 AF. The big thing I need to focus on is sticking to my per day goals- some days I had allowed a bit more because I knew it would be a longer day, but I haven't been great about sticking to my no more than 3 rule. That is going to be key to December where I anticipate a few more "A" days

Thanksgiving was also extremely stressful due to things outside my control so the food and alcohol counts are not where I had hoped they'd stay. Plan is to stick to AF the rest of this week and give my body lots of veggies to help recover a bit.
  • Michieb125
    Options
    It’s Monday already!

AF last night! My goal is to have 12 AF days by the 30th - which is slightly less than my goal for the month. I’m very ok with this considering my two-week vacation and how I kept to my limits even when imbibing.

@MissMay thank you for posting a visual of the book, Unpickled.

I am not personally promoting this authors work, but wanted to share I found some great tips and quick snippets that I could quickly read though in the am or pm on the website as well; they are listed under subheadings on the website.

One suggestion for LA or AF days is the idea of substituting the time we sit with an alcoholic drink in hand for a healthy habit I.e. a new exercise, a hobby, or anything that is life giving to yourself. . I cringe when I think of refilling my wine glass on those nights watching TV! Another one is how to plan ahead to leave early from a party with alcohol flowing.

Today I’m making turkey pot pie with the bird we roasted on Friday (white meat already pulled off the bone). All the sides are gone and I’m with @2timesacharmmfp - also time for more fresh vegetables this week to get my system back on track.