sick after eating breakfast?

Options
Hi I'm new here, sorry for not introducing myself earlier lol anyway this will be fairly long so bear with me. I officially started my diet yesterday and for breakfast i ate egg whites, wheat toast, and oatmeal. I couldn't finish the oatmeal because it tasted just awful and my stomach started to turn and it felt as if i was going to throw it back up so i just threw the rest away. So that queasy feeling stayed with me, but I still went to work out for an hour. when i got home i was feeling so sick and my stomach was hurting so bad! I thought that maybe it would pass would a good nights rest, but when i woke up this morning i was still feeling sick and nauseating. So I waited an hour and decided to try to eat breakfast again. I cut out the oatmeal since I couldn't bear to eat it again. This time for breakfast I just ate egg whites and wheat toast, but still found myself feeling sick while eating it. It got to the point where i had to stuff the eggs down just so I could be done with the meal. My stomach was really upsetting me so I ate an apple and it did calm my stomach down somewhat, but i still was feeling sick. I went to lay down for a little while hoping the sick feeling will pass, but it didn't. It got to the point where i felt so sick that i couldn't even go to the gym today! So I was wondering why i was feeling sick like this. Is it because I'm starting to eat different things? Cause I would really hate if this is what I'll have to go through every morning. Even as i type this my stomach is feeling queasy and it feels as if i have to throw up. Is this normal when starting a new diet and will eventually pass? All comments and advice would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like there is something else going on. Maybe you have a little bug. I can't see how eating breakfast one day can cause this. Then again...the thought of eggs make me ill. I hope you feel better.
  • Mgrogers09
    Mgrogers09 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have an allergy to eggs!!!! its actually pretty common- I have a friend that is allergic to them as well- she loves them but everytime she eats them she gets sick or has other symptoms. try something else for breakfast and see if it persists. you can try egg substitute--some of them arent have bad.
  • miss200
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I don't think i have a bug because everything else is fine its just my stomach. I'm going to try to lay off the eggs and eat something else. Thanks!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It could be a number of things and most likely, you need to talk to your doctor. You could be allergic to eggs. The food you are selecting for breakfast is food that you simply do not like and dread eating it. You could have a stomach bug and last but not least, depending on your age and sex, could you possibly be pregnant? When I was pregnant, the site and smell of breakfast made me deathly ill. Anyway, eat something you like for breakfast and see if that helps. Eating egg whites would make me sick. You don't have to torture yourself to do this which is what I love about this site. Good Luck
  • miss200
    Options
    It could be a number of things and most likely, you need to talk to your doctor. You could be allergic to eggs. The food you are selecting for breakfast is food that you simply do not like and dread eating it. You could have a stomach bug and last but not least, depending on your age and sex, could you possibly be pregnant? When I was pregnant, the site and smell of breakfast made me deathly ill. Anyway, eat something you like for breakfast and see if that helps. Eating egg whites would make me sick. You don't have to torture yourself to do this which is what I love about this site. Good Luck

I have ate eggs before and it has never made me fee sick. that's why i thought it was the oatmeal because I haven't ate that in years and it was unsweet lol. But since i got sick again it might be the eggs. Thanks for the advice, it is very appreciated. And definitely not pregnant lol