The conversation between my mind and body this morning

Options
Mind: Good Morning!
Body: *groan* it’s 4:40am…I get 20 more minutes of sleep.

Mind: You do realize that you won’t go back to sleep, that you’ll just lay there.
Body: Shut up…it’s 20 more minutes…I’m not getting up before 5am.

Mind: Okaaaay…..

(A bit later)
Mind: Time to get up!
Body: Really? It’s 4:48! You couldn’t let me sleep another 2 minutes?

Mind: This way your alarm won’t wake Erik up.
Body: I’m tired. I want to sleep until 6 today. I’ll workout after work.

Mind: No, you need to get up now and workout. That way it’s done and you won’t find an excuse to laze around all afternoon.
Body: No, I’m sleeping in today. I promise I’ll workout after work.

Mind: You know what happened last week when you did that? You slacked off because you were “tired” from working.
Body: Shush…I did TWO workouts yesterday. My arms are tired. I’m setting the phone alarm for 6.

Mind: You go right ahead and do that. I’ll sit here and keep you up, thinking about how you should really be up and heading downstairs right now. I’ll start making you feel guilty for not keeping to your word about getting up at 5am each day to do this workout that YOU wanted to do! Remember what happened the last time you said you were doing this? You made it for about a week, then said you’d do it after work. That lasted about another 3 days and then you stopped. You want to get into shape, be healthier and feel better? Laying around wishing it’s going to happen will not help you.
Body: Shhhh….if I don’t fall asleep by 5:20 I’ll get up.

Mind: Whatever...I’m not letting you go back to sleep. So even if you DON’T get up until 6, you’ll wish you had just gotten up at 5 because THEN your workout would be over and done with. Then for the rest of the day you’ll feel guilty for not getting up and getting it done.
Body: Mhmmmmm….

Body: It’s 5:10….clearly your plan is working so I’ll get up.
Mind: Told you so.

Body: Shut up. You were right…are you happy now?
Mind: No, not until you finish your workout.

Body: Nobody likes you when you gloat.
Mind: I know, but work with me here. At least I’m waking you up early instead of being shocked by the alarm clock. I’m prepping you for both the mentally hardest part of your day. My job is to mentally prepare yourself for doing the workout and pushing you during the workout. You have the physical down to an art!

Body: I still can’t complete the workouts without taking breaks.
Mind: Oh you’ll be able to do that soon enough. C’mon…push play!

Body: *sigh*….(pushes play)

And the workout ensues!

Take time to thank your mind and body for working together to achieve your goals...even though they may fight like brother and sister like mine do!

Replies

• musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    LOL - LOVE IT!!
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That was great! My mind and body have had that conversation many many times!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    LOL love this - This is very similar to the conversation mine have each morning and my mind always wins - Thankfully :happy:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Kudos to your mind for showing your body who's boss! :)
  • BabyPhat5
    BabyPhat5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the Truth...well said. Thanks for reminding me mind over matter.
  • lucky77sevens
    Options
    Very cute! Wish my mind pushed my body a little harder, but I think it's just a lazy as my body in the a.m...lol
  • bslim4me
    bslim4me Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks for sharing.
  • alisonwww
    Options
    Wish mine got along that well...my body just usually ***** slaps the mind and conversation over!!!
  • cbonuz
    Options
    Hmmmmm, seems like I've heard this conversation before! LOL.......loved it!!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    gotta see what happened after lunch...bump.
  • sherrieleah
    sherrieleah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is so true. And when you are done with your workout, you feel better and have no regrets.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    omg i was in the same fight this moring.. just no Eric
  • laurabossart
    laurabossart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's funny, your great sense of humor will keep you going, whether you like it or not! :-)
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Love.
  • blarics11
    Options
    LOL!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    HA HA!! Had the exact same conversation this morning!! But my body won and I slept in and now I have to do my workout tonight after work. And yes it's driving me crazy...I feel like I didn't start the day off right.

Great job for getting out of bed and pushing play this morning!!
  • Happy_Taco
    Happy_Taco Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    coo-coo!! :huh:
  • Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is so good! Thanks for sharing! By the way....... You can do this!
  • 7klm
    7klm Posts: 10
    Options
    I felt like that was my mind talking to me....

Love it! Keep up the great work!!:flowerforyou: