Tiredness level?

Options
Hi all!

I just started this a week ago today, and have been doing decently with it so far. The first four days were easy, but the weekend hit and all of a sudden sweet temptations were everywhere! ahhh.

But my question is this: is it normal to be feeling more tired than I'm used to because of my lower calorie intake?

Thanks!

Replies

• techymum
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

Have you added in some exercise? I have no doubt that my increased level of energy is a direct result of exercise. Started with walking, and I felt so much more alive!!!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    How's your water intake? Maybe you should try drinking more. Maybe try some multivitamins? I remember once I started taking those I felt I had more energy.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    TOM perhaps? Maybe take some iron? I tend to be slightly anemic all the time so I take a small dose of iron everyday with my multivitamin and it definitely improves my energy level.
  • ptrain987
    Options
    I started my diet last week monday and yes i feel extra tired even with me excersising. I was told that because of the lower calorie intake and change in diet that i was feeling that way and that i needed to take vitamin b12 and/or b6 pills or super b complex vitamins....or they have a vitamin b12 injection that you can get prescribed from your doctor
  • Mgrogers09
    Mgrogers09 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yeah- less fuel (calories) less energy. Same thing happened to me when i first started- my maintainence is 3400 calories and I started taking in 1200 a day and i could barely function much less exercise. so I bumped it up to 1800 and made sure that the calories i am taking in are the things my body needs for energy- protein, some carbs, and good fats
  • whyhelloandrea
    whyhelloandrea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone! All good advice. It's hard to motivate myself to exercise after an 8 hour workday on my feet, but I'm sure everyone's been there and I do know that I do experience an increase in energy directly after exercising.
  • whyhelloandrea
    Options
    And what is TOM?
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    And what is TOM?
    time of month i.e. period :-)
  • whyhelloandrea
    Options
    And what is TOM?
    time of month i.e. period :-)

Lol... totally should've figured that one out!