Feeling Frustrated!!

Options
:grumble: I have been dieting and exercise for ever but since I started chatting on MFP I have been totally deadicated....been exercising everyday and staying under ( sometimes well under) my food diary goals. I havent lost a singe pound without gaining it back. I feel healthlier but my clothes dont really fit any different. I am starting to get fraustrated!
I am on Day 9 of Insanity. so I am sure there is on water retention going on but still..............I need to see some results!!!

Replies

• xinahay123
    Options
    try eating at your recomended calories, rather than below them. You might need more fuel to keep your metabolism humming along. It will come, just don't give up!
  • me1howard
    me1howard Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hear you....it's VERY frustrating, but I guess it's better than gaining which I would have done if I weren't on here. I know I need to walk, but it is SO hot here. I just don't understand why I don't lose more. I see where people have lost 100's of pounds and wonder why I can't even lose 20???
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I have been dieting and exercise for ever but since I started chatting on MFP I have been totally deadicated....been exercising everyday and staying under ( sometimes well under) my food diary goals. I havent lost a singe pound without gaining it back. I feel healthlier but my clothes dont really fit any different. I am starting to get fraustrated!
    I am on Day 9 of Insanity. so I am sure there is on water retention going on but still..............I need to see some results!!!
    Then you're doing something wrong, and I'm willing to bet you're not eating enough.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider listening to a podcast called 'fat2fitradio.com' - there are lots of good information. What I really like about the program is that they are not trying to sell anything, and the support is based on science and peer reviewed journals.
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm there too...drink lots of water. keeps you full and burns calories by processing. throw in little "extras" for exercise. park farther away from store. Stairs not elevator. a quick walk etc....
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    What always gets me going is increasing my protein and decreasing my carbs! I eat 40% prtn 30 carb 30 fat. and my carbs only come from good sources (no bread) :sad: (like fruit, brown rice, potatoes)
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Then you're doing something wrong, and I'm willing to bet you're not eating enough.

I second this!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

If you are doing insanity you need to eat more. I think according to the diet plan you should not be eating less than 1700 cals/day.
  • mom2hazdec
    mom2hazdec Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You may also be gaining some muscle which will definitely hold up the scale for a bit! It will come, I promise just keep it up!:smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You may also be gaining some muscle which will definitely hold up the scale for a bit! It will come, I promise just keep it up!:smile:

Not in 9 days on a cardio program with a caloric deficit. You need resistance training and a caloric surplus to gain muscle.
  • SammiFrancs
    SammiFrancs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary. Honestly- the foods you are eating are super high in calories/fat and are jam packed with sodium (I just looked at the last couple days). If you are eating processed foods, or a lot of dairy, its harder for your body to breakdown and process. Just because you are under your calorie goal doesn't mean those calories you took in are so easy to breakdown.

I would 86 the beer and high sodium prefixed meals. Stay away from fatty lattes and most dairy products. You might see some results that way.

Good luck!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    After looking at your food diary I can understand why you aren't losing weight. You are not eating foods that fuel your body correctly. You are eating a lot of processed foods and it appears that you are usually eating fast foods.

Switch to lots of veggies and fruits, lean meats and whole grains. Cut out the Moolattes, the pizza and the other junk. You are ingesting a ton of sodium and not much nutrition.

Read Tosca Reno's books on the Eat Clean Diet or look into something by Gillian McKeith...those will scare you into eating right. With all the fast food you eat, read, or rent the movie, Supersize Me and see what that does to you.

Best of luck
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I looked over your diary briefly. What I've noticed is lots of junk type food and also perhaps your daily calorie goal is too high. I'd try dropping it down to 1500 or so daily as well as get more protein in your diet as well as eat healthier foods. If you're doing insanity, then you can eat back your work-out calories. Just my opinion.
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would consider increasing your water intake and decreasing your sodium. Keep going! :smile:
  • Kalverson2
    Options
    you are doing great....Everytime I eat under my calories is says ita not good and will slow my metabolism down....so I have been trying toear right at the mark.....Don't be frustrated..you are doing awesome.
    Love you
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Drop carbs do a Clinical Ketogenic Diet. You will loose your weight in a month as I can see its only 15 lbs. Just plan Your whole month or two in advance then get back to balanced diet.
  • blueeyedangelar
    blueeyedangelar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How do you set that up in your dairy? if it is possible to do that.......LOL
    I will try making myself a protein shake in the morning and after my workout.
    What always gets me going is increasing my protein and decreasing my carbs! I eat 40% prtn 30 carb 30 fat. and my carbs only come from good sources (no bread) :sad: (like fruit, brown rice, potatoes)
  • blueeyedangelar
    Options
    I will admit the last day or so have not been so healthily, but I was trying to eat more calories on my busy schedule.

After looking at your food diary I can understand why you aren't losing weight. You are not eating foods that fuel your body correctly. You are eating a lot of processed foods and it appears that you are usually eating fast foods.

Switch to lots of veggies and fruits, lean meats and whole grains. Cut out the Moolattes, the pizza and the other junk. You are ingesting a ton of sodium and not much nutrition.

Read Tosca Reno's books on the Eat Clean Diet or look into something by Gillian McKeith...those will scare you into eating right. With all the fast food you eat, read, or rent the movie, Supersize Me and see what that does to you.

Best of luck
  • blueeyedangelar
    Options
    my goal is 1400...I earned over 1200 in exercise yesterday....so I was trying to use them...LOL look at my others days as while and let me know what you think.....be honest I love it!
    I looked over your diary briefly. What I've noticed is lots of junk type food and also perhaps your daily calorie goal is too high. I'd try dropping it down to 1500 or so daily as well as get more protein in your diet as well as eat healthier foods. If you're doing insanity, then you can eat back your work-out calories. Just my opinion.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I will admit the last day or so have not been so healthily, but I was trying to eat more calories on my busy schedule.

Best of luck

You can eat more calories such as Turkey, Tuna, Roast Beef etc but with the added benefit of protein and fuel your body works harder at breaking down.