xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    AF - 13
    A - 14
  • 2timesacharmmfp
    2timesacharmmfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »

One suggestion for LA or AF days is the idea of substituting the time we sit with an alcoholic drink in hand for a healthy habit I.e. a new exercise, a hobby, or anything that is life giving to yourself. . I cringe when I think of refilling my wine glass on those nights watching TV! Another one is how to plan ahead to leave early from a party with alcohol flowing.

This is so right! TV watching with mindless wine-refilling (which usually leads to mindless snacking) is definitely one of my stumbling blocks! Focus for December is being mindful and living in the moment instead of refilling in the moment :smiley:
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    @Jthanmyfitnesspal - your tallies for November are admirable! I enjoyed those numbers for many months and will get there again.

@2timesacharmmfp - so true! Mindless drinking leads to mindless snacking for me as well. I read salty snacks are a typical craving and that’s me all the way. I like your resolve of living in the moment.

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    So great hearing about everyone's holiday (even @MissMay's working holiday, but it sounded like a really fun recovery!). How did I miss @Womona's birthday? Belated happy wishes to you! You guys--all of you-- are doing fantastic with the various forms of less... it's really inspirational!

Loved the holiday. All the daughters were home. It was joyous. One is not coming home for xmas, so that is a little sad. I always feel a little sad when the hustle and bustle departs. We had many family meals here with assorted compliments of boyfriends and friends in addition to the Thanksgiving feast with grandparents. So it was a lot of cooking! Jenga refrigerator for sure! We have eaten all our leftovers (didn't have many because I cooked for the number we had), and I used half the carcass for one gallon of stock that has been consumed and the other half is in the freezer waiting to become stock.

It was a less alcohol holiday compared to last year, I suppose, but by no means compared to a normal week. We had several cocktail hours, and I served mocktails that were a surprise hit. One daughter isn't drinking these days (aggravates her stress as she was gearing up for her first CPA exam) and one boyfriend never developed a taste for it (he's the one in med school for neurology- go figure). Inspired by @MissMay 's "pink bubbles" I picked up some FeverTree grapefruit soda (I think that was what you had in LV?) when we were at the wine store. When I had some, I was actually expecting it to have that quinine tonic taste, but it's really just soda. So I did half grapefruit soda, half FeverTree tonic with a squeeze of lime and a strip of grapefruit zest in a coupe. Honestly, it was by far more popular on Thanksgiving than the carajillo's I also served in coupe's. We had wine with the meal and opened 2 bottles for 10 people, which is more moderate than past holidays. The whole week still felt pretty indulgent, to be fair. I'm pretty sure November overall was not less.
  • xbowhunter
    Options
    AF - 14
    A - 14

Cheers!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    @Jthanmyfitnesspal - your tallies for November are admirable! I enjoyed those numbers for many months and will get there again.

If I can do it, you can, too.

I drank every day of Thanksgiving week Sat-Sun. But I did an almost-sober October and held that into November. I’ve stopped again and will try to stay mostly corked until the Christmas break.

My next big challenge: drinking less on vacations. It just makes me sleepy!

• xbowhunter
    Options
    Had a craving for a beer last night. I didn't give in... lol
  • xbowhunter
    Options
    AF - 14
    A - 15
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    I'll be back in December!

@rockingrobyn672 ~ Thank you for the cruise wish. I can't believe it's already come and gone! We stopped at Antigua, Barbados, St. Kitts, Grenada, Martinque. It was a wonderful time!

I got back from my cruise on 11/12 then it was time to focus on the move. Moved on 11/20, closing on old home today and now just trying to get settled.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Had a craving for a beer last night. I didn't give in... lol

I get that all the time. If I open the fridge and glance at the beer before dinner, I want one! I am grateful that my cravings are mild: I don't find myself thinking about it after a few minutes. I know lots of people that have to work to put it out of their mind-- the though of having a drink just keeps recurring. Anyway, we now have a working fridge in the basement and I'm keeping the leftover beer there.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Happy last day of November??? Wow that did fly by.

Here is the December link again in case you missed me posting it last week.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904021/less-alcohol-december-2023-one-day-at-a-time#latest
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MissMay for posting our thread for a much anticipated LA month ahead.

I’ll be back tomorrow with my new LA goals!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Options
    The first of the holiday months is in the books! It was a good one! Congratulations to everyone for working on themselves this month. It’s worth it!

——————-

AF:20
    A:10 🍻
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Last post for November. I have been admonishing myself for not doing well but now that I have actually tracked everything, I did way better than I thought. More A days than I would have wanted but I have overall cut back on # of drinks.

15 AF
    15 A

Now for December....