Night shift and intermittent fasting

Options
Has anyone worked from 7pm to 7am 3 days a week and done intermittent fasting? I don’t know how to switch back on my off days. Anyone with experience please help.

Answers

• ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I do IF everyday and might be able to help. Can you tell us more what type of split works best for you or what you’re attempting to do for IF? Also, what do you mean exactly when you say you don’t know how to switch back? Do you do IF 3 days and you’re having a hard time eating normally the other 4 days?
  • jocelyn_jose
    jocelyn_jose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @ddsb1111 So for example I work next Tuesday and Wednesday 7pm-7am. On my off days I eat at 12pm and stop at 8pm. But during Tuesday and Wednesday next week I would have to consume food like say around 2am just because I’m working and I need energy. But it would throw off the whole 12pm-8pm food window. But another problem is when I leave work at 7am on Thursday I’ll be starving and to wait till 12pm to eat would be hard.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 807 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @ddsb1111 So for example I work next Tuesday and Wednesday 7pm-7am. On my off days I eat at 12pm and stop at 8pm. But during Tuesday and Wednesday next week I would have to consume food like say around 2am just because I’m working and I need energy. But it would throw off the whole 12pm-8pm food window. But another problem is when I leave work at 7am on Thursday I’ll be starving and to wait till 12pm to eat would be hard.

How about this:

Sun, Mon, Thur, Fri, Sat- eating window 12pm-8pm

Tues & Wed- eating window 12am-8am