Hello Everyone

Options
Hello All. I have been tracking my diet on this site for about three weeks now. I am working out but going up in weight. I started the Atkins diet which means that calorie counting is not as big as carbohydrate counting. i posted today just to feel that i am a part of a bigger diet/heath universe. Good luck everyone. DJ

Replies

• MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So, are you counting calories then?
    Are you tracking how many calories you BURN? (your BMR PLUS your exercise burn?)
    There are several reasons you could be gaining (or sometimes people just plateau).
    If your deficit is TOO large (the difference between what you are burning and what you are eating) you can often times gain weight.
    Your daily deficit should be between 500-800 typically, sometimes a smidge larger to safely lose weight.
    If you are exercising, depending on WHAT exercises you are doing (strength/weight training or cardio) you could also be gaining muscle mass, so it will add to the weight a bit.

It's great that you finally ventured into the forums :) The tools are great, but you will find even greater success once you have friends who can support and encourage you as well.
    Keep it up. You WILL get there!
  • ljloran
    Options
    Good Morning,

I'm fairly new to MFP. Haven't been here long but have found that this site is very helpful. I am also counting calories, carbs, and protein per my trainers instructions. He's an evil, evil man bent on helping me meet my goals, lol, but I always leave a session with a smile in my heart. Friend me if you'd like an extra fitness pal.

Lavina