What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    @cmsienk
    Hope you get to have some of the other lovely food available in Barcelona.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    @takinitalloff
    Did you consider cauliflower rice with pad kra pao? The Guardian recipe is quite salty because it is meant to be a condiment for rice. I prefer cauliflower rice raw, just blitzed in the food processor to a grain size. It can be warmed in the microwave but it is more neutral tasting left raw.
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,856 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Did you consider cauliflower rice with pad kra pao? The Guardian recipe is quite salty because it is meant to be a condiment for rice. I prefer cauliflower rice raw, just blitzed in the food processor to a grain size. It can be warmed in the microwave but it is more neutral tasting left raw.

I didn’t consider including cauliflower rice, I’m not a big fan of it because it doesn’t do anything that rice does in a dish (well other than dilute the flavor of the main dish). And “ricing” doesn’t do the cauliflower itself any favors either :# I typically increase the amount of whatever veggie is meant to be in the dish, and I forgot to mention here that I did increase the amount of green beans which worked well.

I eat very low sodium in general, I typically get less than half the recommended amount of sodium per day — just a personal preference, I find most recipes too salty and usually adjust the salt way down.

I hadn’t thought about trying raw cauliflower, might try that sometime, thanks for the suggestion! I usually roast my cauliflower in the oven, including for dishes that call for cauliflower rice (or “cauli-mash”). I love the flavor and texture of roasted cauliflower. But I don’t feel that cauliflower in any form would improve pad kra pao 😉

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Snack: carrot, Tête de Moine cheese, persimmon, pistachios, pumpkin seeds.
    o6zwn41d3h90.jpg
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Lunch in Chinatown with the girls.
    4r45dx3vvvll.jpeg
    k8h3k1bqp1wp.jpeg
    yczkv9lm77t2.jpeg

Those dumplings… I could eat 100 of them. So delicious.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    yrvtwkshnmam.jpeg
    No appetite today for some reason but it’s soup weather so leftover butternut squash soup and some chips.
  • karlwillemmarien
    karlwillemmarien Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Healthy low carbs, relatively high on protein meal that is made in 10-15 minutes.

[image]