Walking around the track...

Options
I joined a gym to walk around the track for the year. In Heart Failure clients, we can't walk in the cold. It makes our heart work too hard. From Sudden Cardiac Death, we can die.

I walked around the track with soccer game going, kids out running me, kids playing on the track, etc. This is better than sitting home and making excuses.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    So true - great plan: Keep up the good work!
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    What an encouraging thread. I love that you've searched out safe ways to exercise that work for your medical condition.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,921 Member
    Options
    I have mall walked too, but my gym is 20 minutes closer and only costs $10/mo.(limited access, Sr. Community) but mostly the reason I like it, I can watch kids playing basketball, the rock climbing wall, the weight room, judo classes, etc. below me. It never gets boring.
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I walked today, they had coed soccer games in the middle, basketball court, and soccer cage. Then, there are the people working out for motivation. There also is a cross fit, which hopefully I will be able to join at one point. I sweated today, gained energy, and that felt good. =)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    When I walked today, they had coed soccer games in the middle, basketball court, and soccer cage. Then, there are the people working out for motivation. There also is a cross fit, which hopefully I will be able to join at one point. I sweated today, gained energy, and that felt good. =)

That sort of thing is one (among many) aspects that I enjoy about riding my bike or walking on the local trail system in the nicer outdoor seasons. I get to go past parks with families enjoying time together, parents fishing with their kids, young people swimming in the lake, people walking dogs, little kids playing, people playing disk golf or soccer or whatever . . . .

It's just pleasant and wholesome.
  • rtlenton
    rtlenton Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Indeed! It is much better than sitting at home. Although I still go to the gym, I've added walking to my "exercise plan" and it is paying big dividends. I wear my Fitbit constantly and generally make it above the recommended 10,000 steps a day. Since doing this 4 weeks ago, I have been down in weight every week without changing my diet.

Great job! Keep it up!
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I miss walking 10,000 steps a day. You are so lucky; I am envious. Keep up the awesome work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!